PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg's back

jimsumner
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Duke press release.

"Duke head football coach David Cutcliffe announced on Thursday that offensive tackle Cameron Goldberg has been reinstated to the program. Goldberg was suspended from the program on April 15 for violation of team rules.

"Cameron has done everything I asked him to do in a timely manner," Cutcliffe said. "I appreciate his sincerity and attention to detail while handling this situation. We have fully reinstated him to the program and he will resume off-season conditioning with his teammates immediately."

Goldberg, a 6-6, 280-pound senior from Lutherville, Md., started all 12 games last season at left tackle. He has played in 32 career contests with 23 starting assignments."

Devilsfan
05-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Great news. I don't know or want to know what caused this brief suspenion, but this is a quality person imo. Glad to have him back.

duke74
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry,

brain freeze. Too much time on IMDB. Can a mod change the title?

If we're able to change names, how about to BILL Goldberg? Probably would really add to the team!

BTW, growing up here in NYC, and with my "circle", I probably knew 5 "Adam Goldbergs". :)

adam
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I didn't realize I was missing. :)

Bluedawg
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Great news. I don't know or want to know what caused this brief suspenion, but this is a quality person imo. Glad to have him back.

It also shows the character of Cutcliffe that he would suspend him but still allow him to work his way back. I think the players will enjoy playing for him.