PDA

View Full Version : Rock & Roll Stars and Lips

EarlJam
05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Have ya'll ever noticed that very, very few rock and roll stars have thin lips?

I don't have the stats, but I'd all but guarantee you that more than 75% percent of rock and rollers have full lips.

Must be hard to sing with thin lips.

-EarlJam, possesser of full lips.

brevity
05-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Have ya'll ever noticed that very, very few rock and roll stars have thin lips?

You may be on (to) something.

Not that anyone asked for a theory, but I figure these rock singers had very strict upbringings. Maybe a young Mick Jagger would, say, act out in Catholic school, and the nuns would punish him by sealing his mouth with clothespins. Do that enough and you get an instant facial trademark. Years later Steven Tyler would suffer the same fate.

More recently, the thin-lipped Scott Weiland submitted himself to a collagen procedure because it was in his Rock Star Handbook and he lacks any originality.

EarlJam
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
You may be on (to) something.

Not that anyone asked for a theory, but I figure these rock singers had very strict upbringings. Maybe a young Mick Jagger would, say, act out in Catholic school, and the nuns would punish him by sealing his mouth with clothespins. Do that enough and you get an instant facial trademark. Years later Steven Tyler would suffer the same fate.

More recently, the thin-lipped Scott Weiland submitted himself to a collagen procedure because it was in his Rock Star Handbook and he lacks any originality.

Very good point, theory.

The only reason Weiland has thin lips is because of all the heroin use.

Heroin destroys brain cells, liver and kidney function, and thins the lips tremendously.

-EarlJam

colchar
05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Not that anyone asked for a theory, but I figure these rock singers had very strict upbringings. Maybe a young Mick Jagger would, say, act out in Catholic school, and the nuns would punish him by sealing his mouth with clothespins.

Nice theory, except that Jagger didn't attend Catholic school. But I'm sure someone at Dartford did something similar when he acted out. Perhaps those large sized paper-clips?

BD80
05-08-2008, 10:25 AM
The average size of singers' lips is easily double that of "ordinary" people. Just considering Tyler and Jager in the sampling makes that to be a certainty; it doesn't matter how many thousands of other singers you consider.

AtlBluRew
05-08-2008, 12:04 PM
See Peter Burns of "Dead or Alive," a plastic surgery junkie if ever there was one ...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00185/F_200609_september1_185595a.jpg

TillyGalore
05-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Why? Why do people put too much collagen in their lips? I was watching Ghost Whisper the other night and one of the women in the episode (not one of the stars) had HUGE lips and they were ugly. No doubt they weren't real.

To keep this on topic, wonder how well she can sing with her HUGE (ugly) lips?