PDA

View Full Version : I mildly like Tubby, but...

feldspar
03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
...I'm rooting for his ouster at Kentucky because of Patrick Patterson.

Of course, Kentucky is holding out on their decision until Patterson decides. Funny that the coaching life of a former NCAA championship coach rests in the hands of a kid who has yet to play a lick of college ball.

The saga continues. Duke and Kentucky in an epic recruiting battle that plays to the heart of the rivalry.

hurleyfor3
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
The saga continues. Duke and Kentucky in an epic recruiting battle that plays to the heart of the rivalry.

Is bbq somehow involved too? :)

Remember the '98 game was with Pitino's players. And as more than one Kentucky fan has confided to me, playing Pitino-style ball. The consensus seems to be that Ky came back from 17 down only because the team ignored whatever Tubby was trying to do and just started bombing away. And at that point in a regional final Tubby was in no position to argue.

Duvall
03-19-2007, 11:44 AM
...I'm rooting for his ouster at Kentucky because of Patrick Patterson.

Don't be so hasty. It's pretty much unprecedented for Kentucky to have a non-sleazy head coach - I don't think that's something that should be tossed away lightly.

Classof06
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
While Tubby's title was with Pitino's players, not many people actually remember that and he's still a hell of a coach. Kentucky is simply a no-win situation. You lose and your crucified, you win and you need to win more. Kentucky fans are one in the same with Alabama football fans; they don't realize that you can't dominate year-in, year-out. I almost agree with Gene Wojo from ESPN.com and think Tubby should jet outta Lexington before they put him out. The fact that they would put him out is ridiculous to begin with, but it is what it is...