PDA

View Full Version : Olek Czyz - 2008 State Title Highlights

altitech
05-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Footage of Olek winning a second state title in late Feb 2008.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1eGN7CgMsOI

dkbaseball
05-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Thasnks for the link. It was a great game. The Vegas team looked absolutely awesome for the first several minutes and opened up a 15 point lead. They hit their first 18 free throws. But Olek's physicality, and the relentlessness of number 50 on Reno High, Austin Morgan, eventually made the difference. If you can pick out number 15 on the Vegas team, that's Elijah Johnson, an '09 top 35 or so, mentioned here a few days ago as possibly having some involvement with Duke.

SupaDave
05-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Video now appears to have been removed. Is anyone else having a problem?

FireOgilvie
05-07-2008, 02:11 AM

Nope.

Jim3k
05-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Mine froze halfway through

soccerstud2210
05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
could have been youtube... just watched it... looking forward to watching this kid play...should be a riot to watch

slower
05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
could have been youtube... just watched it... looking forward to watching this kid play...should be a riot to watch

Based solely on all the videos I've seen, I believe he's almost a can't-miss fan fave (if he isn't one ALREADY). As I drift off into a daydream, I see Olek finishing off the break with a thunderous tomahawk over Hansblows.

Olek the Barbarian strikes!!!!!

slower
05-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey, it could happen!

Bluedog
05-07-2008, 09:05 AM

If you updated to the most recent version of Google Web Accelerator, it screws up most YouTube videos and you get that error or just a continual attempting to load. You would think that Google would resolve this considering that they also own YouTube. :rolleyes: Disable or uninstall Google Web Accelerator. If you don't have GWA, try installing the latest version of Flash or Java RTE. Also, try running it in Firefox and Opera. Finally, clear your cache/cookies/etc. One of these solutions should solve your problem.

soccerstud2210
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Based solely on all the videos I've seen, I believe he's almost a can't-miss fan fave (if he isn't one ALREADY). As I drift off into a daydream, I see Olek finishing off the break with a thunderous tomahawk over Hansblows.

Olek the Barbarian strikes!!!!!

maybe a daydream, but dreams do come true.... at least i like to believe so!

SupaDave
05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
If you updated to the most recent version of Google Web Accelerator, it screws up most YouTube videos and you get that error or just a continual attempting to load. You would think that Google would resolve this considering that they also own YouTube. :rolleyes: Disable or uninstall Google Web Accelerator. If you don't have GWA, try installing the latest version of Flash or Java RTE. Also, try running it in Firefox and Opera. Finally, clear your cache/cookies/etc. One of these solutions should solve your problem.

Bluedog is now my official IT man. I do use google accelerator and I'll see if that's the issue. I don't like missing too many two handed tomahawk dunks.

Oh and can I state that I'm not really feeling the "Olek the Barbarian" nickname. Duke's never had a skywalker and I think Olek "Skywalker" Czyz has a nice little ring to it...

I also can see the student section chanting "Ole'" after every heart pounding dunk as well.

Just the dreamer in me...

Abraxas
05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I also can see the student section chanting "Ole'" after every heart pounding dunk as well.

If Olek plays, it WILL HAPPEN!

moonpie23
05-07-2008, 01:40 PM

get a mac

slower
05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh and can I state that I'm not really feeling the "Olek the Barbarian" nickname. Duke's never had a skywalker and I think Olek "Skywalker" Czyz has a nice little ring to it...

However, I DID say that it was MY daydream! ;)

And in my daydream, we're going for maximum intimidation rather than style points. The simpler the better, preferably something using "power" words, such as Olek the Destroyer or The Hammer.

But as I said, to each his own...:)

Troublemaker
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM

That's a good one. I hope the Crazies adopt the soccer-style "Oleeeeeeeeek, Olek, Olek, Olek" during his career.

soccerstud2210
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
get a mac

amen brother... i second that

SilkyJ
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Bluedog is now my official IT man. I do use google accelerator and I'll see if that's the issue. I don't like missing too many two handed tomahawk dunks.

I LOVE Olek the Barbarian. Just does it for me.

I do like the oleeeeek, olek, olek, olek...idea though.

get a mac

get a job. the business world runs on PCs, and I don't know about you guys but 90% of my time on DBR is at work.

that said, I want a mac for my personal.

moonpie23
05-07-2008, 03:45 PM
get a job. the business world runs on PCs, and I don't know about you guys but 90% of my time on DBR is at work.

that said, I want a mac for my personal.

that's old school thinking....PC'S will eventually be the eloi of the modern computer world....they will do nothing more than the grunt work of handling data UNTIL it gets to my I-pod, I-mac, I-TV, I-Phone, I-Car, I-brain....

aint nobody lining up at midnight to get the new ZUNE...or the latest VISTA.

wilko
05-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I dont get it. Why is that funny?
I guess I fail to fully appreciate it. Having several BWS Conan books there is only ONE barbarian to me.

Czyz is the Shzyz - that has a nicer ring to me...

slower
05-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I dont get it. Why is that funny?
I guess I fail to fully appreciate it. Having several BWS Conan books there is only ONE barbarian to me.

Czyz is the Shzyz - that has a nicer ring to me...

Who said anything about funny? YOUR choice is certainly funny, but that's not the effect I was going for.

As I said - to each his own.

SilkyJ
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM
that's old school thinking....PC'S will eventually be the eloi of the modern computer world....they will do nothing more than the grunt work of handling data UNTIL it gets to my I-pod, I-mac, I-TV, I-Phone, I-Car, I-brain....

that's ignorant thinking.

the business world runs on PCs. Even in silicon valley I can tell you that even the most forward thinking and innovative companies use PCs. (I live and work in San Fran/silicon valley and my job is as an equity research associate covering digital media and wireless, so I might know what I'm talking about.)

moreover, you used the word "eventually" so yea, maybe in the future you'll be right, but right now, its just not happening.

additionally, the zune comment is irrelevant for two reasons: 1) its a consumer product not an enterpise one and 2) its not a computer.

cato
05-07-2008, 05:45 PM
that's ignorant thinking.

the business world runs on PCs. Even in silicon valley I can tell you that even the most forward thinking and innovative companies use PCs. (I live and work in San Fran/silicon valley and my job is as an equity research associate covering digital media and wireless, so I might know what I'm talking about.)

moreover, you used the word "eventually" so yea, maybe in the future you'll be right, but right now, its just not happening.

additionally, the zune comment is irrelevant for two reasons: 1) its a consumer product not an enterpise one and 2) its not a computer.

Interestingly, the head of the litigation department at my law firm (not a small shop, with over 500+ attorneys around the world), thinks the business world will shift towards macs. No way of knowing, of course, but he's certainly not an ignorant guy. And he's got a job.

wilko
05-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Who said anything about funny? YOUR choice is certainly funny, but that's not the effect I was going for.

As I said - to each his own.

Someone sure seems protective over the name they created, dont they?
It is all about you, afterall...

SilkyJ
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Interestingly, the head of the litigation department at my law firm (not a small shop, with over 500+ attorneys around the world), thinks the business world will shift towards macs. No way of knowing, of course, but he's certainly not an ignorant guy. And he's got a job.

again. you're proving my point. "will shift" means in the future, and directly implies that right now the business world does indeed run on PCs not macs.

this is all way off-topic though, so I'll stop my thread hijacking.

slower
05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
It is all about you, afterall...

In my daydream it WAS all about me! Serves me right for waking up, I guess.

You can call him whatever you want, bro. Drive safely!

slower
05-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Hey, SilkyJ...considering the way most of these threads degenerate, I wouldn't worry too much about being branded a hijacker.

Slower the Barbarian

cato
05-07-2008, 06:27 PM
again. you're proving my point. "will shift" means in the future, and directly implies that right now the business world does indeed run on PCs not macs.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I did want to play off of your strident tone. It's hard to pass up on softballs like "get a job" and "ignorant thinking".

Duke09
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
trying to get this back on track.

Czyz looked good, though it was a highlight film. I was impressed by his quick dribble to his left and then up for a jumper from 12-15 feet. Nice move.

Huh?
05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I need more Olek highlights ASAP!!!

roywhite
05-07-2008, 08:33 PM
O. Czyzeski---new fan favoite. :)

soccerstud2210
05-07-2008, 10:56 PM

haha... agreed 100%... well said

wumhenry
05-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Think I did see some sharp passes from OC this time. Also shot-blocking. Would be nice to see more of that in 2008/9 Duke MBB.

But who did the fist-pump remind you of? :eek:

buzz
05-08-2008, 05:43 AM
You really have to love this kid's aggressiveness. Throw it down, big man. Throw it dowwwwnnnn!

dukeimac
05-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Czyz = Czar maybe?

And FYI, MAcs are making their move in the business world. Macs don't need VISTA!

wilko
05-08-2008, 09:10 AM
O. Czyzeski---new fan favoite. :)

It'll look really cool on the back of a jersey.

wilko
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Cant wait to see him in a Duke uni.
Once he gets badI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ed up, he should be a Holy Terror.

Karl Beem
05-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Czyz = Czar maybe?

And FYI, MAcs are making their move in the business world. Macs don't need VISTA!

Neither do non-Macs.