PDA

View Full Version : Boston vs. Cleveland - Who's guarding Lebron?

ForeverBlowingBubbles
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm in the library so I can't watch... but at almost the end of the third quarter Lebron's stats are looking like

LeBron James, SF 31 minutes, 1-10 fg, 0-3 3fg, 8-10 ft, 2 o.reb,

9 tot reb, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 9 turnovers,

4 fouls, 10 points

I don't remember him ever appearing to be shut down like this. Is it the taller longer KG on him or Paul Pierce?

Maybe he's just trying to force too much?

Whats even more interesting is at this point, Cleveland is only down by 4.

Just looking for some insight on anyone watching the game.

DukeHoopsGuru
05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
LeBron was doing his best McRoberts impression in missing layups. He missed a point blank layup to tie with under 10 seconds to go. He was 2 for the month of May.

wisteria
05-06-2008, 11:19 PM
actually, you can also ask the question " who is guarding Ray Allen and Paul Pierce?"

The final stats:
Lebron 2/18 FG, 10TO,
RA+PP 2/18 FG, 10TO.

you see...luckily boston still has one more star left in KG.

Classof06
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
As a Cavs fan, it was tough to watch last night's game but there were also some encouraging signs. While I don't expect Pierce or Allen to have another game like that, I don't expect Lebron to have another game like that either. The biggest question coming into this series was whether or not Cleveland's supporting cast could step up and give the King some support. I think that question was answered when one could reasonably argue that Cleveland should/could have won that game last night.

I think Cleveland is in great position even if they are down 0-1. After watching last night's game, I'm convinced that we are capable of stealing a game in Boston and the Celtics have yet to win a road playoff game. However you look at it, it's gonna be a great series..