PDA

View Full Version : CSKA Moscow advances to finals - 3 pm EDT on NBA TV

Orange&BlackSheep
05-03-2008, 07:53 PM
83-79 (http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame/report?gamecode=229)

Langdon had nine (http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=229) in the victory including some key free throws near the end.

And 2:41 into this highlight you can see Langdon (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3379695&n8pe6c=3) nail a three off quite a screen. They will face Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv in the final.

Channing
05-03-2008, 08:30 PM
a couple familiar names on Maccabi Tel Aviv:

Will Bynum
Terrence Morris
Marcus Fizer
Lior Eliyahu (Cal)

BGMurphy2003
05-03-2008, 10:18 PM
And, today Trajan was named first team All Euroleague for the second year in a row.

billybreen
05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
The Russian Mafia Assassin!

Uncle Drew
05-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Thank you for posting that clip orange, it was good to see Langdon in action again after all these years. When he was at Duke I never thought we'd see a 3 point shooter with his acuracy and range, then came JJ. After JJ I never thought we'd see range beyond that and then came King. Too bad we won't be seeing any of that range working for us again, but ces't la vie.

Watching that reminded of my last honeymoon (yeah after a couple of wives you have to specify which one, lol) which was supposed to be 9 countries in Europe over 17 days. 12 days in I ruptured two discs in my lower back and had to be assisted out of the Sistine Chapel in Rome. Our tour left without us, but since the trip was insured we thought we'd be home in a day. We spent 6 straight days haggling with the insurance company, airlines and the hotel we were in with me in traction laying flat on my back. We litterally had to bribe the Italian doctor twice to allow me to fly, they wanted to do meatball surgery (pun intended) on my back there. The TV had CNN in English, everything else was Italian so the only remotely decent thing to watch was basketball, though not being able to understand the announcers was annoying. Every game or so I'd see a player I'd seen in college from some school, but it was definately diferent than NCAA or NBA ball.

Edouble
05-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow, announcers are bad all over the world! (as are uniforms)

"Mama Mia!"

juise
05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
NBA.com has a slide on its front page with a photo of Trajan and a caption that says the Euroleague final will be on NBA TV at 3ET.

chrishoke
05-04-2008, 04:12 PM
CSK UP 53-45 in the third.

chrishoke
05-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Trajan with 17 so far. Terrence Morris playing for the other team.

chrishoke
05-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Trajan and CSK win 91-77. Trajan leads with 23.

italiancrazie
05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Trajan MVP of the final 4 in Madrid.

Newton_14
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Congrats to the "Alaskan Assassin"! I caught the 4th qtr of the semi-finals and Trajan looked pretty good. Glad to see the won the championship.

jimbonelson
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Thank you for posting that clip orange, it was good to see Langdon in action again after all these years. When he was at Duke I never thought we'd see a 3 point shooter with his acuracy and range, then came JJ. After JJ I never thought we'd see range beyond that and then came King. Too bad we won't be seeing any of that range working for us again, but ces't la vie.

Watching that reminded of my last honeymoon (yeah after a couple of wives you have to specify which one, lol) which was supposed to be 9 countries in Europe over 17 days. 12 days in I ruptured two discs in my lower back and had to be assisted out of the Sistine Chapel in Rome. Our tour left without us, but since the trip was insured we thought we'd be home in a day. We spent 6 straight days haggling with the insurance company, airlines and the hotel we were in with me in traction laying flat on my back. We litterally had to bribe the Italian doctor twice to allow me to fly, they wanted to do meatball surgery (pun intended) on my back there. The TV had CNN in English, everything else was Italian so the only remotely decent thing to watch was basketball, though not being able to understand the announcers was annoying. Every game or so I'd see a player I'd seen in college from some school, but it was definately diferent than NCAA or NBA ball.

although i liked King, he never reminded me of JJ

ugadevil
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Seems like Trajan is a star in his league. Has he been offered opportunities to return to the states and play in the NBA? I was curious if this a goal he has, or if he's happy staying in Europe? I seem to remember reading something about how he's trying to gain Russian citizenship, which would indicate he's happy where he's at.

Savage
05-05-2008, 12:54 AM
From what I know Trajan is very happy playing in Russia - he's made big money in Europe for a while and gets to be a star. When he left the NBA he could have stayed, but faced the prospect of maybe continuing to spend a lot of time on the bench.

K24U
05-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Can't say that I have seen Trajan play over in Euro-League but I would venture to say that the game there is more suited to his game than what the NBA was. Teams/players overseas play fundamental basketball the NBA can't even pronounce fundamental let alone play it.

gw67
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
It is great to read that one of my favorite Duke players is doing well and that Trajan and his wife are parents. I saw him coming out of the Ballston Metro Station (Arlington, VA) last summer when I was over in that area for business. I believe that they have lived in Arlington during the off season for many years.

gw67

ikiru36
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for this thread! I'm glad I noted it in time yesterday and it was really fun to watch and see Trajan playing so well. While he put up a really nice stat line in the game, it was also fun to hear the announcers being so complimentary of his play. He was the clear MVP and given the (I shudder to recount) less than perfect conclusion to his college career (which was a great career, sadly/unfairly somewhat overshadowed by the final 15 seconds of his final game), I hope that being the European champion and finals MVP takes any remaining sting out of that past moment for him. Thanks again Trajan and congrats on the new baby!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balkan boy
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Check it out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=whittelleurofinalfourwrapup