PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jordan gets in on the action

Channing
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
of calling out Lebron:

regarding Lebron getting hit in the face by Songaila, leading to Songaila being suspended a game:

"And LeBron's a terrific actor. We've seen some of his commercials."

godukerocks
05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't follow the NBA closely, but it seems to me that these two teams have slowly built up a little rivalry.

BlueDevilBaby
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
That was the most rediculous call that I may have ever seen during a basketball game. LB hit himself in the face with Darius' hand (it was obvious!) and then pulled the greatest acting job on a bb court ever. His continuing to gag and touch his throat just %^$$#@@$% me off. I can't believe that after watching the replays, the NBA suspended Darius. I'm not a big NBA fan, but go Wizards.

ChrisP
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
That was the most rediculous call that I may have ever seen during a basketball game. LB hit himself in the face with Darius' hand (it was obvious!) and then pulled the greatest acting job on a bb court ever. His continuing to gag and touch his throat just %^$$#@@$% me off. I can't believe that after watching the replays, the NBA suspended Darius. I'm not a big NBA fan, but go Wizards.

Are you joking? I didn't see it, but have watched the replay about 10 times. I have NO idea what you're talking about. It did kind of look like their arms were intertwined and that perhaps it was not as vicious a shot as it appeared live, but...to say that Lebron "hit himself" is...crazy.

moonpie23
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm not a big NBA fan, but go Wizards.

yep.....go fishing...

Ignatius07
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
How about Caron Butler pulling a Chris Paul on LBJ? I don't know how the announcers didn't make a bigger deal of it - he just up and slapped him in the groin.

BlueintheFace
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Give Lebron a medal for not once going at a Wizards player...

moonpie23
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
they couldn't beat the cavs, so they tried to beat them up

DukieBoy
05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
props to LeBron....instead of fighting back physically he went out and torched the Wizards with a triple double...i think the suspension was harsh, but LeBron didn't hit himself. LeBron is just an amazing talent

weezie
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Come on now...wasn't Eddie J kidding a bit? He's usually a straight up guy...prolly frustrated with some of the boneheads he has to coach.

pfrduke
05-03-2008, 03:34 AM
I don't follow the NBA closely, but it seems to me that these two teams have slowly built up a little rivalry.

well, this makes three years in a row that the Cavs have shown the Wizards the door in the playoffs (all in the first round, I think).

moonpie23
05-03-2008, 09:37 AM
i guess haywood made lebron a little irritated...

ehdg
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
The wizards tried to play more of a physical style against the Cavs but aren't built that way. So they where once again out gunned and played by the Cavs and Lebron. Also Wally had a pretty darn good game too for the Cavs.

JBDuke
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
well, this makes three years in a row that the Cavs have shown the Wizards the door in the playoffs (all in the first round, I think).

IIRC, two years ago, they beat Chicago in the first round and lost to Cleveland in the second, in a six game series with several very close games. (That's the year that Lebron said something to Arenas as he was getting ready to shoot FTs at the end of a game.) Last year, the Wizards were lucky to just hang on and make the playoffs, as injuries had decimated the team. None of the games were close.

I'm not sure it's really a rivalry until the Wizards actually eliminate Cleveland at some point.