PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling question

glutton
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
For those of you more familiar with the inner workings of college basketball than I am- when is the schedule generally released?

And given that the first round of the 2009 tournament is scheduled for the 3rd weekend in March, would it be a safe assumption that the Duke/Carolina game is the 1st weekend in March, most likely Saturday evening?

brevity
05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
For those of you more familiar with the inner workings of college basketball than I am- when is the schedule generally released?

A general informative post about the schedule release date should be a sticky on this board. Sometime in August, right?

glutton
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Actually, now that I look at the schedule for the past four years, it seems like the second Duke/Carolina game is on Saturday if it's in Cameron, and on Sunday if it's in Chapel Hill.

If there were any way to confirm it'll be on Sunday next year, that would be awesome...

Edouble
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Actually, now that I look at the schedule for the past four years, it seems like the second Duke/Carolina game is on Saturday if it's in Cameron, and on Sunday if it's in Chapel Hill.

If there were any way to confirm it'll be on Sunday next year, that would be awesome...

Yeah, I just noticed that this year when the game at Duke was on a Saturday night. Good research, but I can't tell you how to confirm it for sure.

Bluedog
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM

4G!!!

" 4g) When does the men’s basketball schedule come out? (Third Friday in August; stop asking!!!!) " HPR (http://www.duke.edu/~bct1/images/DBRHPR7.1asPDF.pdf)

msdukie
05-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Schedule comes out approximately August 15 (though there has been some variation in release date the past few years)...but...

Carolina (@ Carolina) is Sunday, March 8, 4p - CBS (Nantz/Packer)

Carolina (@ Duke) presumably is Wednesday, February 4, 9p ESPN and Raycom (Patrick/Vitale/Dales). (But it could be Feb. 3. or Feb. 5. too).

Some things are set in stone.

glutton
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks so much... turns out, scheduling a wedding during basketball season is kind of a nightmare.

Where did you find that info, btw?

msdukie
05-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Came from my noggin. Duke-Carolina games are always set when each TV contract is re-negotiated.

In odd years, the first game is at Duke usually the first Wednesday (sometimes Thursday and once on Tuesday) in February/post-Super Bowl. Game is always on ESPN (used to be ESPN2) and Raycom - first game always has Patrick and Vitale and Packer on Raycom (with, of late, Tim Brando, but formerly Tim Brandt).

Second game is at Carolina and (since 2003) always Sunday at 4 on CBS with Packer and Nantz.

In even years, same as above for game 1, but at Carolina. Since the advent of Saturday Primetime (starting with Duke/UNC '04), second game (at Duke) is always that Saturday 9 p.m. with the Primetime crew (now Schulman/Vitale/Andrews).

This won't be modified until Raycom negotiates its next ACC contract and likely will not change.