PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Frasor rehab update

NovaScotian
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
http://deadspin.com/385907/uncs-bobby-frasor-might-hurt-himself-again

freedevil
04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Notice that Hansbrough is in the background.

Devilsfan
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
No one ever said you have to be smart to go to carolina.

BlueintheFace
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I KNEW IT. Bobby Frasor is testing the waters!!!

freedevil
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I KNEW IT. Bobby Frasor is testing the waters!!!

HAHAHAHA. Fantastic.

kramerbr
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=167#s=167&f=1386&t=2427079&p=2

Looks like Tyler tested the water as well..........with his socks on even.

dukemsu
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Boy, between the tournament, the postseason rubber chicken dinner circuit, the Obama event, and this re-enactment of Revenge of the Nerds, it's clear that Hans isn't getting enough exposure.

Prepare for the backlash. People (not just Duke fans) are going to be really sick of this guy next season.

dukemsu

eddiehaskell
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I can see Hansbrough staying in frat house at Carolina until he's around 30 yrs old.

juise
04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=167#s=167&f=1386&t=2427079&p=2

Looks like Tyler tested the water as well..........with his socks on even.

Also here:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/DukeDevilsBB/Hans-1.jpg

Edouble
05-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh my God, they're so stupid.

Acymetric
05-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh my God, they're so stupid.

To be fair Tyler isn't being that stupid, I mean sure the water is probably a little shallow, but that isn't all that high for something like a diving board. Frasor though? Dumb.

hc5duke
05-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Where's Nelson to tell someone his epidermis is showing when you need him?

Best comment on that thread

billybreen
05-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Where's Nelson to tell someone his epidermis is showing when you need him?

Best comment on that thread

Oh, that's fantastic.

"Hello Mrs. Cumberdale."

Son of Mojo
05-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Oh, that's fantastic.

"Hello Mrs. Cumberdale."

We need to have a soundbite of Nelson's laugh to complete the full effect. HA HA

hc5duke
05-01-2008, 03:56 AM
We need to have a soundbite of Nelson's laugh to complete the full effect. HA HA

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/demarcus-stuffs-hansbrough-the-spaz.jpg
Ha-ha!

Edouble
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
To be fair Tyler isn't being that stupid, I mean sure the water is probably a little shallow, but that isn't all that high for something like a diving board. Frasor though? Dumb.

Looking at that balcony, I think it's really stupid for a guy that's 6'10", 250 lbs. to climb over the railing and support himself on its ledge. Who knows how old that house is? Since UNC was started in 1785 or whatever (who cares?) I would bet that the house has been there a while. Maybe the wood on the railing or on the ledge is rotting. I can't believe I am having to explain why this is so stupid. With a diving board, the whole board is suspended over the pool. If you slip and fall, you're in the pool, no problem. If you climb out onto the ledge and slip and fall, you've got a broken leg, because the pool is not directly under the balcony--you have to propell yourself out through the air to get to the pool of frozen peas, which is not such a big target, so unlike a regular swimming pool, you need good aim. On top of all this, a swimming or diving pool will usually be at least 15 ft. deep for a board that is as high as a second story balcony. With the guy leaning up on the pool, it's pretty clear that this pool is about 4 ft. deep.

ugadevil
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Looking at that balcony, I think it's really stupid for a guy that's 6'10", 250 lbs. to climb over the railing and support himself on its ledge. Who knows how old that house is? Since UNC was started in 1785 or whatever (who cares?) I would bet that the house has been there a while. Maybe the wood on the railing or on the ledge is rotting. I can't believe I am having to explain why this is so stupid. With a diving board, the whole board is suspended over the pool. If you slip and fall, you're in the pool, no problem. If you climb out onto the ledge and slip and fall, you've got a broken leg, because the pool is not directly under the balcony--you have to propell yourself out through the air to get to the pool of frozen peas, which is not such a big target, so unlike a regular swimming pool, you need good aim. On top of all this, a swimming or diving pool will usually be at least 15 ft. deep for a board that is as high as a second story balcony. With the guy leaning up on the pool, it's pretty clear that this pool is about 4 ft. deep.

If we come play football in your yard, will you come out and wave your cane and tell us to get off your lawn?

slower
05-01-2008, 11:06 AM

Look, they are at a frat house. People do stupid things there. That's why many of them join in the first place. This is NORMAL behavior at a frat house. I don't know whether Frasor and Hansblo are member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, but let's just say that SAE have always been one of the "frattiest" of the UNC frats. If they want to do things like that, there's no stopping them. Maybe Frasor will re-injure his ACL or Hans will sprain his back doing a cannonball. Hey, maybe we should all chip in so they have a year-round pool to dive into.

CDu
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Look, they are at a frat house. People do stupid things there. That's why many of them join in the first place. This is NORMAL behavior at a frat house. I don't know whether Frasor and Hansblo are member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, but let's just say that SAE have always been one of the "frattiest" of the UNC frats. If they want to do things like that, there's no stopping them. Maybe Frasor will re-injure his ACL or Hans will sprain his back doing a cannonball. Hey, maybe we should all chip in so they have a year-round pool to dive into.

Nothing you've said is inaccurate. But that doesn't mean edouble is incorrect in saying it's really really stupid. Do college kids do dumb things? Absolutely. Do frats increase the likelihood of college kids doing dumb things? Probably.

On the other side, should basketball players be more careful about risking injury (especially those who could win a second national POY and may be a first round NBA draft pick)? Absolutely. Edouble was just saying it was a really really dumb thing to do. Obviously people do dumb things. Just because it's common for dumb things to happen doesn't mean that doing those dumb things isn't still dumb.

BD80
05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Looking at that balcony, I think it's really stupid for ... Who knows how old that house is? ... If you climb out onto the ledge and slip and fall, you've got a broken leg, ... On top of all this, ... it's pretty clear that this pool is about 4 ft. deep.

And one of those frozen peas could put an eye out!

Any bets that 'Ol Roy had a talk with his chil'en when these pictures came out? Daggumit, be careful!

FreezingDevil
05-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Looking at that balcony, I think it's really stupid for a guy that's 6'10", 250 lbs. to climb over the railing and support himself on its ledge. Who knows how old that house is?

Thats actually a great point. At UVA's graduation ceremony 4-5 years ago (I don't remember exactly), too many people were crowded on one of the balconies on the lawn. It was one of the old pavilion houses and the wood on the columns and railings was rotten. I swear it looked just like the SAE house in Chapel Hill. Anyway, the balcony partially collapsed and dozens were injured. Unfortunately, one person died as well. I'm from Charlottesville and was at the graduation itself, so this seems all too real for me.

All this just goes to show that a lot of these old balconies should not have more than 3 or 4 people on them. I wouldn't say that this particular SAE balcony is going to collapse, but it is a big risk for someone Hansbrough's size to be climbing on those thin railings.

DukeFencer
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM

When you jump off a diving board that high, you're normally jumping into 10-12 foot water. Their's is probably more like 5-6. I seriously don't know how they didn't break at least several bones each. And if they had, what would the press release have read?

Edouble
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Not sure what your point is. I was responding to a poster who said that their behavior is not that stupid. Looks like we're in agreement since we both think it's stupid.

Thanks CDU for reading the whole thread.

weezie
05-01-2008, 12:08 PM
....with his socks on even....

DORK!

loran16
05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
As much as i hate to admit it, you can't fault hansbrough for the activity.

Now Frasor on the other hand....is a moron. He just joins the hundreds of college and pro players who get caught doing such activities during a rehab period, which is just plain moronic.

Then again he does go to UNC.....

lol. So awful.

slower
05-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Not sure what your point is. I was responding to a poster who said that their behavior is not that stupid. Looks like we're in agreement since we both think it's stupid.

Thanks CDU for reading the whole thread.

Ah, I see your point. Maybe my point can be that some people are too stupid to realize that others are being stupid.

Sorry to misread your opinion of the general stupidness of things ;)

Edouble
05-01-2008, 01:12 PM
As much as i hate to admit it, you can't fault hansbrough for the activity.

Are you serious? The guy is looking at a million dollar pro career and he's jumping out of a second story balcony into a 4 ft. pool of frozen peas! We've all seen what a broken leg can do to a pro career. What do you think Jason Williams would say to Hansbrough if he saw this picture?

Have you seen him on the court? He's not exactly graceful. Look at Hans compared to the size of the pool. He needs to have somewhat good aim to make it. Has he had a few acoholic beverages before he jumped?

Please tell me we aren't really debating whether or not this is stupid.

slower
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
See, I told you.

Edouble
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
See, I told you.

Ha ha.

OK, I gotta go to K Roger for some beer and frozen peas.

AnotherNYCDukeFan
05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
...but I'm fairly certain that Deadspin was not serious about the pool being filled with frozen peas. It was a play on someone placing frozen peas on a wound to prevent swelling, e.g. on a black eye.

Also, great call on getting Jay Williams' perspective on foolish behavior.

Edouble
05-01-2008, 02:35 PM
...but I'm fairly certain that Deadspin was not serious about the pool being filled with frozen peas. It was a play on someone placing frozen peas on a wound to prevent swelling, e.g. on a black eye.

Also, great call on getting Jay Williams' perspective on foolish behavior.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the frozen peas thing was a gag or not, but I was so shocked to see "Big Travel" flying off of the frat house that I was ready to believe just about anything.

The pool was probably filled with Busch Light. ;)

slower
05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I believe that Hans actually WOULD dive into frozen peas (especially after a night of revelry at the SAE house).

Edouble
05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I believe that Hans actually WOULD dive into frozen peas (especially after a night of revelry at the SAE house).

He'd dive into anything if he thought he'd get to the line.

AnotherNYCDukeFan
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Hey, I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be tempted to jump in as well. Provided, of course, that the peas were taken out of their packages and not just a sea of bricks! :)

billybreen
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I did something quite like this at a shady hotel in Myrtle after Junior year. I was an idiot.

Acymetric
05-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I did something quite like this at a shady hotel in Myrtle after Junior year. I was an idiot.

Yeah...an awesome idiot. :rolleyes: