PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of threads on Haywood/UNC alums

hc5duke
04-22-2008, 02:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280421005

Haywood was ejected for a hard foul on Lebron James, and they had a go the game before as well. Good to know Brendan is still the same classy guy.

"It was scary," said James, who compared it to when he got undercut as a high school junior and broke his wrist. "I knew it was going to be a tough fall. I bounced up, though."

"It was not a basketball play in any shape or form," he said.

Devilsfan
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Brenda, I'm ashamed of you.

moonpie23
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
he's sick of that "lebron might run down MJ's legacy" thread over on IC.

shadowfax336
04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I liked the way LeBron just popped right back up...

ugadevil
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Haywood went after LeBron harder than he's ever gone after the ball.

BD80
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
This is unbelievable: Brenda calls out Lebron, and calls him a Crybaby:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10803402/2

It is completely stupid, which isn't surprising. That Brenda has the cajones to call anyone else a whiny b*tch is just stupefying.

moonpie23
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
that's typical of tarholes.....name one player , other than jordan, that hasn't whined and whined about something......worthy, jamison, CARTER, forte, sheed, sheed, sheed, sheed, stackhouse, stackhouse, coda, may, felton, williams, ...the list goes on and on...

now brenda has her heyday....calling Lebron out....

now we've got a whole new trio to add to the list..here's to watching boozer, brand and battier stufff the ball down their throats to give em something to whine about...

laughable...

for all the talk about unc holding dukies down in the ncaa, it's obvious that the dukies have overtaken the holes in the NBA....

SilkyJ
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
that's typical of tarholes.....name one player , other than jordan, that hasn't whined and whined about something......worthy, jamison, CARTER, forte, sheed, sheed, sheed, sheed, stackhouse, stackhouse, coda, may, felton, williams, ...the list goes on and on...

now we've got a whole new trio to add to the list..here's to watching boozer, brand and battier stufff the ball down their throats to give em something to whine about...

laughable...

for all the talk about unc holding dukies down in the ncaa, it's obvious that the dukies have overtaken the holes in the NBA....

Ah-greed.

And to whoever is talking about unc holding down the dukies in the NCAA, remember that we've still won like 17 of the last 22 meetings, or something like that.

jma4life
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
You have to love this gem of a quote from a player even Carolina fans will admit is as soft as they come.

"But the game has changed a lot," he said. "Back in the day, you definitely couldn't have said that with the nature of the game with the Pistons, the Bad Boys, the Knicks. You would have been seen as flat out soft."

Son of Mojo
04-28-2008, 08:25 PM

laughable...

I think personally I have to throw Jordan's name into that mix, too. I have never, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER, seen a player complain more in a game when he would be called for a foul. I guess he was so great that he wasn't guilty of such base acts. . . . . . . .

moonpie23
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
jordan?? fouled someone? ??????

dood.....

show your work...

Son of Mojo
04-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Well, his most famous foul he couldn't whine about since it enabled him to win a championship *coughpushoffcough* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ra9ni9_C7A&feature=related . Even I'm amazed that one so great could do such things but it happened. I think the instances of fouling where he complained have been burned by the league.

weezie
04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
The 'Zards should just slip into their dance team uniforms and sashay out on to the court and submit to their final beating. This is what they get for using pictures of Paulus and K on their scoreboard to spur their fans into booing opponents. Karma strikes.

Poor Eddie Jordan. Seems like a nice guy surrounded by a bunch of clowns.

BD80
04-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Poor Eddie Jordan. Seems like a nice guy surrounded by a bunch of clowns.

I would add Jamison to the very short list of nice guys on the Whizzes, even if he made one huge mistake in his life (he was in high school when he made the horrible decision).

I still blame everything on Agent Zero. I think Gilbert's attitude has poisoned the entire team. Brenda and Stephenson would have been kept in line by a more mature team, but this team gets its cues from the "me first," "I need attention" Arenas. He reminds me of Allen Iverson in many respects; he will never be a winner (anyone else enjoying Karl absolutely losing control of the Nuggets?).

What GM would blow a max contract on a score-first-last-and-always-no-D team and coach killer like Arenas? He already realizes that he has blown it and is now suggesting he will take less money to stay with Jamison - because he knows he won't get more money anywhere else!

moonpie23
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
(anyone else enjoying Karl absolutely losing control of the Nuggets?).

ummm.....ME ! ME ! ME !...

Rudy
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Round Mound Barkley said at the beginning of the series that the Wizards were the dumbest team in the history of the game for calling James overrated. He's kicked their asses 3/4 games. Two bit players like Deshawn Stevenson and Haywood calling out James is so pitiful it's ridiculous. In the crucial game 4 at home, when the game was close all the way, Haywood (the Wizards big guy) got six rebounds for the whole game. Wizards were outrebounded by 20 (18 of that margin on offensive rebounds). I have been a Bullets/Wizards fan since the Phil Chenier, Wes Unseld and Big E days.

Jamison has been a stand up shut up guy the whole time he's been in Washington.

Classof06
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
As a Cavs fan, you can imagine how I feel about Brenda. The guy tells Lebron to stop complaining and just play while Haywood has been ejected from a playoff game against us last year and this year for cheap fouls. Sorry Brenda, but you are playing dirty. And I think Lebron is doing a good job of just playing when he's averaging 30-9-7 in this series. Sounds like another dumb comment from the Wizzzzz.

BlueintheFace
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh Brenda... so cute. I can't wait until Lebron throws down on your abnormally large head

moonpie23
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
even some of the holes on IC are telling brenda to zip it...

Rudy
04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Some stats from the 4 game series so far:

Stevenson 11.8 ppg 3.3 assists 1.25 to

Haywood 13.8 ppg 6.3 reb 1.75 blocks per game

James 29.5 ppg 8.5 reb 6.5 assists 2.75 to

James is outrebounding Brenda.

What a couple of doofuses Stevenson and Brenda are.

CDu
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Some stats from the 4 game series so far:

Stevenson 11.8 ppg 3.3 assists 1.25 to

Haywood 13.8 ppg 6.3 reb 1.75 blocks per game

James 29.5 ppg 8.5 reb 6.5 assists 2.75 to

James is outrebounding Brenda.

What a couple of doofuses Stevenson and Brenda are.

James is outperforming those to jokers COMBINED.

The Wizards are a joke. They have a few talented offensive players, but don't play defense. They have been eliminated by the Cavs in each of the last two seasons, and it's about to happen again. They've tried to talk themselves into being a contender. They've tried to foul themselves into being a contender. I think they're just grasping at whatever attempt at gamesmanship they can, in hopes that something will get the Cavs off their game.

sagegrouse
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
This is unbelievable: Brenda calls out Lebron, and calls him a Crybaby:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10803402/2

It is completely stupid, which isn't surprising. That Brenda has the cajones to call anyone else a whiny b*tch is just stupefying.

My Mother's way of ending insult-tossing within our large and motley tribe was to point out that "it takes one to know one."

Hey, Mother was right

sagegrouse

CDu
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
My Mother's way of ending insult-tossing within our large and motley tribe was to point out that "it takes one to know one."

Hey, Mother was right

sagegrouse

Except I'm not sure that such a phrase is applicable here, as I don't think James is soft. I agree that Haywood is soft.

sagegrouse
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Except I'm not sure that such a phrase is applicable here, as I don't think James is soft. I agree that Haywood is soft.

Mother was talking to Brenda, in that he started it.

sagegrouse

CDu
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Mother was talking to Brenda, in that he started it.

sagegrouse

Still not applicable, as from either perspective it implies that James is also soft. :)

WWBD
04-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Let's see...flagrant fouls on Jamison and Brenda for attacking Lebron, Brenda's trash talking of Lebron, Sheed's antics (jawing in the 76'ers huddle), 2 technicals (and an ejection) on Stackhouse in tonight's matchup against the Hornets.

Am I missing anybody? That program sure produces some fine young men, doesn't it?

moonpie23
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
stackhouse had his chump-pants on tonight.....again.... oh.wait....those are the only ones he has...

billybreen
04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
In other news, Stackhouse had a stupid technical towards the end of Dallas' loss to NO for jawing at David West. That was about the only thing relevant to his team's performance he did in this whole series.

moonpie23
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
dallas got within 3....stack blew the game for them......

Edouble
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Am I missing anybody? That program sure produces some fine young men, doesn't it?

Yeah Ed Cota and Joe Forte. Oh wait, they're not in the NBA.

devildeac
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
You folks are mean, just plain mean(but funny as he!!:D )

Jumbo
04-30-2008, 01:01 AM
We really can't come up with anything more clever than "Brenda?" Seriously?

hc5duke
04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
oh boo-urns, how come the main thread is the "brenda" thread, when my thread ("stay classy") came first :(

nm, i didnt read the new changed title

juise
03-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Speaking of "Stay Classy" and Haywood (sorry I had to drag up an old thread... didn't think this merited a new one), it looks like Mr. Haywood may have punched Dwight Howard in the back (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7759473/stan-van-gundy-orlando-magic-says-dwight-howard-was-punched-dallas-mavericks-brendan-haywood) in Friday's game. Don't mess with K's starting center!