PDA

View Full Version : Duke basketball jerseys

Blueequalslife23
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Anybody have a good link for Duke basketball jerseys. My 16 year old son wants a Singler jersey and i have had no luck can somebody help me?

jimbonelson
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
you can try this one if you have not already www.shopdukestores.duke.edu

Lord Ash
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
IIRC correctly you cannot get jerseys with college names on them, as the athletes would get a cut and cannot make money on merchandise, or something like that. You've gotta get a jersey and have the name put on yourself.

dukebdx12
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
ebay

Son of Mojo
04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Can you get a personalized jersey by number as well as name? I want a # 6 with "C. Crazy" as the name.

blazindw
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Can you get a personalized jersey by number as well as name? I want a # 6 with "C. Crazy" as the name.

You used to be able to find them on Eastbay, but they stopped selling them before this season. They were discontinued to make way for the new style replica and swingman jerseys that debuted this year. I will search my other websites and see if I can't find one that still sells the personalized jersey.

EDIT: I have scoured my usual websites and they are completely sold out.

KenTankerous
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Be wary of this guy on ebay:

http://myworld.ebay.com/frsvegas

He advertises items he doesn't have and takes forever to tell you this and refund your money. He nearly ruined valentine's day this year holding out on a Duke Swingman Jersey for my ladylove.

Thanks god for chocolate!

Karl Beem
04-29-2008, 01:16 PM
What is a swingman jersey?

Hurley2Hill
04-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Duke jersey freak here! FWIW, the Coach K "Legacy" Collection has jerseys of former Duke players complete with the names on the back. I find these quite desirable and have almost all of them. So far it's been only retired numbers plus Elton Brand and Wojo. Maybe Singler will get to that point someday!

They are here (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=27&store=106&form=shared3%2fgm%2fmain%2ehtml&design=106)

But as for your question, I wouldn't be surprised to see #12 jerseys popping up in the student store later this summer, sans the name obviously. You could get a name put on the back very easily - I bought a #11 Duke jersey from Eastbay years and years ago and got a sports outfitting store to put "Hurley" on the back. It's still on display almost 20 years later.

geraldsneighbor
04-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Any 15 jerseys you think will be coming out along with the 12's? Or will we see more 3's and 30's this year?

miramar
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
The NCAA takes that prohibition on current players' names rather seriously. I remember that after the 1989 Duke-Georgetown regional final, the bookstore started selling shirts saying The Mourning After (after Alonzo, of course). They had to pull them later that same day.

After that Phil Henderson slam dunk, that would have been a nice shirt to have.

Hurley2Hill
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
There have been times when as many as 5 numbers from that year's team have been available at the East Campus store. They tend to have more of the random numbers there.

We know for sure there will be #'s 2, 3, and 30 because they are on the website...they might as well round it out with 12 and 15 when school starts back up!

msdukie
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I love those Laettner, Hurley, Hill blueblack jerseys. :eek:

P.S. Swingman jerseys are the level between the screenprinted replicas and authentics. Nike stopped making authentic jerseys after the 2002 season. Swingman are stitched, but are not made of all of the same high quality materials as the authentics. They also have swooshes on the left shoulders like the replicas. Nike tags them as authentics, but they aren't.

yancem
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I've been trying for years to find a place that sells custom jerseys with what ever name and number you want and have had no luck. I'm surprised that the campus bookstore or some place like the Duck Shop doesn't sell them but they don't. I would think that there would be a pretty good market for such things, I know that a lot of people buy custom pro jerseys. Maybe we should start a email campaign with the athletic department!

Hurley2Hill
09-30-2008, 12:45 AM
There have been times when as many as 5 numbers from that year's team have been available at the East Campus store. They tend to have more of the random numbers there.

We know for sure there will be #'s 2, 3, and 30 because they are on the website...they might as well round it out with 12 and 15 when school starts back up!

Just got the new Duke Stores catalog, and whaddaya know - jersey #'s 2, 3, 12, 15, and 30 are all for sale this year!

Not as exciting: replica price jumps to $60 this year (except for #3, which is $45, and is the older style of neck as opposed to the new style). The Coach K Legacy jerseys with the name on the back are a much better deal at $55, though they don't sell those in the store so shipping would be involved. But even then, Coach K Legacy at $55 plus shipping > generic replica for $60.

Twill replicas are $75, which, IMO, is a bit much for something that isn't even comfortable.

blazindw
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Just got the new Duke Stores catalog, and whaddaya know - jersey #'s 2, 3, 12, 15, and 30 are all for sale this year!

Not as exciting: replica price jumps to $60 this year (except for #3, which is $45, and is the older style of neck as opposed to the new style). The Coach K Legacy jerseys with the name on the back are a much better deal at $55, though they don't sell those in the store so shipping would be involved. But even then, Coach K Legacy at $55 plus shipping > generic replica for $60.

Twill replicas are $75, which, IMO, is a bit much for something that isn't even comfortable.

That is awesome. Hopefully they'll be in stores when Homecoming time rolls around. I will be pretty much guaranteed to be an owner of a #2 and a #15 by the end of the weekend (I just got #30 at a discount).

should_be_working
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Duke jersey freak here! FWIW, the Coach K "Legacy" Collection has jerseys of former Duke players complete with the names on the back. I find these quite desirable and have almost all of them. So far it's been only retired numbers plus Elton Brand and Wojo. Maybe Singler will get to that point someday!

They are here (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=27&store=106&form=shared3%2fgm%2fmain%2ehtml&design=106)

But as for your question, I wouldn't be surprised to see #12 jerseys popping up in the student store later this summer, sans the name obviously. You could get a name put on the back very easily - I bought a #11 Duke jersey from Eastbay years and years ago and got a sports outfitting store to put "Hurley" on the back. It's still on display almost 20 years later.

I miss the "old" Duke jerseys like the wojo one you posted. They really need to go back to those. Classic jerseys with winning tendencies.

Edouble
10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I love those Laettner, Hurley, Hill blueblack jerseys. :eek:

I agree, those are just stupid. It's like when you see someone wearing a Jordan UNC jersey with the arguille on the sides.

Indoor66
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree, those are just stupid. It's like when you see someone wearing a Jordan UNC jersey with the arguille on the sides.

But Alexander Julian is soooooooooooo talented! :rolleyes:

DukeUsul
10-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I miss the "old" Duke jerseys like the wojo one you posted. They really need to go back to those. Classic jerseys with winning tendencies.

I'm sure you mean the >=95-96 wojo jerseys:
http://www.replayphotos.com/images/D/sm/Duke-University-Mens-Sports-Coach-K-Game-Instruction-D-M-CK-00015sm.jpg

and not the 94-95 wojo jerseys:
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2001/0131/photo/s_wojciechowski_t.jpg

I miss the good old days.

should_be_working
10-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm sure you mean the >=95-96 wojo jerseys:
http://www.replayphotos.com/images/D/sm/Duke-University-Mens-Sports-Coach-K-Game-Instruction-D-M-CK-00015sm.jpg

and not the 94-95 wojo jerseys:
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2001/0131/photo/s_wojciechowski_t.jpg

I miss the good old days.

Of course, the 94-95 jerseys were hideous! Some of the ugliest i've seen, although no one can beat the blue jean uniforms of UK in the 90s.

msdukie
10-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Top jersey is a 97-98 jersey (don't ask how I can tell these things).

We should still be wearing those.

94-95 was my sophomore year and I had to live through those horrific jerseys, but as bad as they were, at least they were:

a) unique (the chevrons were supposed to be an extension of the side stripes - it didn't work)/

b) had NO black

c) the blue didn't look bluepurple.

Thus, by default, they were actually better than what we have now.

(I see it isn't too early in the year to start another discussion about bringing our traditional jerseys back.....)

Edouble
10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Top jersey is a 97-98 jersey (don't ask how I can tell these things).

We should still be wearing those.

94-95 was my sophomore year and I had to live through those horrific jerseys, but as bad as they were, at least they were:

a) unique (the chevrons were supposed to be an extension of the side stripes - it didn't work)/

b) had NO black

c) the blue didn't look bluepurple.

Thus, by default, they were actually better than what we have now.

(I see it isn't too early in the year to start another discussion about bringing our traditional jerseys back.....)

That is a weak but admirable "defense" of the '94-'95 jerseys. You have integrity my man, but that was the lowest point in the modern history of Blue Devil hoops-wear. The black uniforms are fun, and we may wear them too much, but better than those chevron jerseys? I'll take the current version any day.

Of course the traditional jerseys should come back.

msdukie
10-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I didn't like the 94-95 jerseys, but I don't like the current set. I have no problem with black alts on occassion (never at Carolina), but the blue and white jerseys should both be traditional and without black on them.