PDA

View Full Version : Suns Rip Spurs

TwoDukeTattoos
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
There are a few Dukies in the NBA playoffs, but I am pulling for none harder than Grant Hill. He's arguably the most talented former Duke player to play in The Association and I'd love to see him get a ring before he goes out. His years are clearly numbered.

The Spurs have dominated the series taking a 3-0 lead, but today the Suns blew them out 105-86. No NBA team has ever comeback from 3 down to win a series and only one pro team ever has accomplished this feat (of course we all know that was the 04 BoSox).

Grant was a DNP due to his continued groin injury.

Go Hill!!

CDu
04-27-2008, 09:19 PM
There are a few Dukies in the NBA playoffs, but I am pulling for none harder than Grant Hill. He's arguably the most talented former Duke player to play in The Association and I'd love to see him get a ring before he goes out. His years are clearly numbered.

The Spurs have dominated the series taking a 3-0 lead, but today the Suns blew them out 105-86. No NBA team has ever comeback from 3 down to win a series and only one pro team ever has accomplished this feat (of course we all know that was the 04 BoSox).

Grant was a DNP due to his continued groin injury.

Go Hill!!

Actually, three pro teams have pulled it off (two hockey teams and one baseball team). The 1942 Maple Leafs did it and the 1975 Islanders did it, too.

But yeah - pretty rare. I hope it happens for Hill, but it doesn't look good. They had their chances in games 1 and 2, and just couldn't get it done.

moonpie23
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
i love hill, but , spurs = gravity

futile

Fish80
04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
It ain't over till it's over.

BobbyFan
04-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Grant's injury is unfortunate because he was the Suns' best option to put on Parker. A healthy Hill makes this series a toss-up.

Would be tough to see him end his career like this.

Acymetric
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Grant's injury is unfortunate because he was the Suns' best option to put on Parker. A healthy Hill makes this series a toss-up.

Would be tough to see him end his career like this.

He could have another year, possibly.

billybreen
04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Coach K was in attendance, sitting with Boeheim and Colangelo. I'm guessing he gave D'Antoni some notes, so that explains the Suns big win. ;)

heyman25
04-28-2008, 01:00 AM
I like Hill. I am a huge Duke Fan. The Groin injury made him look helpless in Game 3.I am pulling for the Suns, but they were a lot better with Grant Hill not playing.He hasn't done jack in the playoffs.

KandG
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
I like Hill. I am a huge Duke Fan. The Groin injury made him look helpless in Game 3.I am pulling for the Suns, but they were a lot better with Grant Hill not playing.He hasn't done jack in the playoffs.

They're better without Hill in his current diminished state, but Hill when he was healthy was definitely very important to the Suns...especially with Marion traded away, he became arguably their most versatile perimeter defender. The Suns have been an atrocious defensive team most of the series without Hill (or with Hill playing at only 50 percent or so).

If Diaw and Bell can play at the level they played at in Game 5, they don't need Hill, but that's a really tall order. It really hurts to see Hill end the season with another injury, but as he said (very sadly), he's become accustomed to the disappointment.

moonpie23
04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
the suns will be assimilated ....the borg moves on...

TwoDukeTattoos
04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
After the Suns playoff elimination last night, it has been confirmed that the coach will not return. I hope they bring Grant back for another year. I think bringing it Shaq was a mistake. His best years are well behind him and he doesn't really fit the mold of the Sun's high-powered spread offense.

Ignatius07
04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Steve Nash should have to give back at least 1 of his MVP trophies for what he did yesterday. I was astonished at how mediocre he looked, even including a couple big shots he hit (which were basically the only ones he made all game!) at the end.

moonpie23
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
i agree that shaq was not a good thing for the suns. He seemed to inhibiit their flow. I was bumming thinking it might be hill's last season. i thought he made some excellent contributions to the suns..

but still...

Spurs = gravity.

let's see what bruce bowen will do to chris paul....

heyman25
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
It was not D'Antoni's coaching that lost the game. Steve Nash was horrible for most of the 4th quarter and turnovers lost the game,not Bruce Bowen's great defense like Pizza Face Popovich proclaims. The Suns beat themselves with error prone play.They deserved to lose last night.

KandG
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Steve Nash should have to give back at least 1 of his MVP trophies for what he did yesterday. I was astonished at how mediocre he looked, even including a couple big shots he hit (which were basically the only ones he made all game!) at the end.

He sure looks like he's declining at an alarming rate, doesn't he? (and that *really* pains me to say, as one of the biggest Nash fans around) Some people are blaming the coach and Shaq, and I do think the switch to a less freelance, more matchup oriented style of play on offense in the series against the Spurs did screw with Nash a bit...plus the Spurs really defended him well.

But some of the shots Nash missed were shots he was making all season, and even as recently as Game 1. It was sad to see him contribute heavily to the collapse at the end.

TwoDukeTattoos
05-01-2008, 04:32 AM
According to ESPN, SI's reporter got the story wrong about D'Antoni. GM Steve Kerr confirmed yesterday that D'Antoni will, in fact, return next season. Great news for K's assistant on the National Team.

BobbyFan
05-01-2008, 06:49 AM
According to ESPN, SI's reporter got the story wrong about D'Antoni. GM Steve Kerr confirmed yesterday that D'Antoni will, in fact, return next season. Great news for K's assistant on the National Team.

As I understood it, Kerr didn't commit either way; he just stated that a decision has not been made yet.

KandG
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Link? I haven't seen anything to confirm a departure or a return either way...only that all sides are going to continue to talk about "how to get better"...which could mean anything. As of Thursday morning, the AZ papers are simply reporting ongoing talks.