PDA

View Full Version : Front Page Picture

Channing
04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
When is that logo from? That would be a very cool logo to have on a T-shirt. Anyone have any idea where I could go about looking into that?

-jk
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
When is that logo from? That would be a very cool logo to have on a T-shirt. Anyone have any idea where I could go about looking into that?

I don't know where this one came from, but it was a window decal on each of my cars until the Duke Store stopped selling them.

-jk

ricks68
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Would a series of pictures of JD over the next few days be a more appropriate front page picture?

ricks

Indoor66
04-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Would a series of pictures of JD over the next few days be a more appropriate front page picture?

ricks

I don't think so. He is leaving, not staying or arriving.

DukeU3x
04-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Logo is from the early-50's. My uncle (class of '54) sent me a pennant with that design on it. Sadly, mom threw it away along with my full set of '57 Topps cards when I left home for Duke undergrad. The logo was long out of use by the late 60's.

It would be nice to see it come back! Tell University Stores!

Lavabe
04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't know where this one came from, but it was a window decal on each of my cars until the Duke Store stopped selling them.

-jk

This reminds me ... what would be the safest car window decal for our two cars when we move to Lexington, KY? We want to show our pride, but not risk outrageous vandalism or behavior from local folks.

Thanks,
Lavabe

weezie
04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
How about one that says "Erudito et Religio," no one in KY would be able to translate that.:)

DukeU3x
04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
My wife's mother lives in Lexington (my wife is a UK grad, but a nice person) and your fear of displaying a Duke sticker is justified. "E et R" might be the only answer.

Lavabe
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
My wife's mother lives in Lexington (my wife is a UK grad, but a nice person) and your fear of displaying a Duke sticker is justified. "E et R" might be the only answer.

I can't find E&R, only this shield:
http://www.dukestore.com/webitemimages/106/67109-m.jpg

I suppose I could do this:
http://www.dukestore.com/webitemimages/106/65415-t.jpg

Either way, do I risk vandalism?

Thanks,
Lavabe

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I can't find E&R, only this shield:
http://www.dukestore.com/webitemimages/106/67109-m.jpg

I suppose I could do this:
http://www.dukestore.com/webitemimages/106/65415-t.jpg

Either way, do I risk vandalism?

Thanks,
Lavabe

How about a subtle decal that says GTHCGTH? No one in Kentucky would know what that is!

Channing
04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
better yet how about you get one custom made that says "2.1" :)

Lavabe
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
better yet how about you get one custom made that says "2.1" :)

Oh that's REALLY subtle.:rolleyes:

How about: "Guard the Inbound Pass"

Seriously though, what do the Kentucky alumni use?

Truth
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Seriously though, what do the Kentucky alumni use?

I doubt Kentucky alumni can read anyway...

;)

Lavabe
04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
I doubt Kentucky alumni can read anyway...

;)

Err, umm... I meant the Duke alumni living in Kentucky. What do these folks put on their cars?

JEA
04-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Err, umm... I meant the Duke alumni living in Kentucky. What do these folks put on their cars?

I lived in Paducah (far western) Kentucky for two years, and I had the small sticker with the 4 devils spelling DUKE on a side window of my car, which I parked on the street, with no problems. A fellow Duke alum who did the same stint that I did also had a DUKE sticker on his rear window and reported no vandalism.
Now, having moved to Maryland, I get lots of evil looks when people see my Duke sticker. Go figure.

devildeac
04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
This reminds me ... what would be the safest car window decal for our two cars when we move to Lexington, KY? We want to show our pride, but not risk outrageous vandalism or behavior from local folks.

Thanks,
Lavabe

PM Camcraz25(I think) and ask her if she has any of the black-on-white printed ovals with GTHC in the middle-you will have to specify with/out the small print explanation at the bottom edge of the oval:D . That sounds like a pretty safe decal to me;) . I would stay away from anything with CL or 'The Shot' on it. I would also avoid the old sticker/decal/logo that said "You can't spell sUcK without UK" on it:o

captmojo
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
How about a subtle decal that says GTHCGTH? No one in Kentucky would know what that is!

If they did know, they'd agree with your sentiments!