PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone has transfer issues ...

BD80
04-26-2008, 12:01 AM
This is funny, Miami doesn't have to worry about its "student" athletes transferring:

The rumors about Dwayne Collins transferring appear to be bogus. One UM insider laughed at the thought. “Dwayne absolutely hates school,” said the source. “The thought that he would choose to extend his time in school by transferring is ridiculous.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/college#13

Give Taylor some credit, he is willing to extend his college career and transferred to a good academic institution. Come to think of it, our transfers have generally gone on to good academic schools. Maybe not as challenging as Duke, but good schools ;)

Bluedog
04-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Transfers from the last six recruiting classes:

Michael Thompson - Northwestern
Boateng - Arizona State
Boykin - Cal
King - Villanova

Yeah, all good academic schools except ASU....

BD80
04-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Transfers from the last six recruiting classes:

Michael Thompson - Northwestern
Boateng - Arizona State
Boykin - Cal
King - Villanova

Yeah, all good academic schools except ASU....

If I recall, Duke players have also transfered to Colgate, Vandy and Seton Hall.

ASU is not a bad school, it has some really good programs, much like NCState. I do suspect that if Eric so chooses, he could escape from ASU without being overly challeged :D

watzone
04-26-2008, 01:22 AM
If I recall, Duke players have also transfered to Colgate, Vandy and Seton Hall.

ASU is not a bad school, it has some really good programs, much like NCState. I do suspect that if Eric so chooses, he could escape from ASU without being overly challeged :D

How far do you want to go back? St. Johns, American, Detroit, Dartmouth were destinations too. For the life of me I can't recall who left for Colgate.

So, who knows who the first K transfer was? The eventual school is one of the four I listed. No Jim Sumner and Oly fan! You guys can't play;)

BD80
04-26-2008, 01:57 AM
How far do you want to go back? St. Johns, American, Detroit, Dartmouth were destinations too. For the life of me I can't recall who left for Colgate.

So, who knows who the first K transfer was? The eventual school is one of the four I listed. No Jim Sumner and Oly fan! You guys can't play;)

Dartmouth, not Colgate. Sorry. Which school did I insult? I remember Crawford Palmer did well in that league.

I remember Ast leaving for American, but don't remember anyone going to Detroit (Mike Chappell to MSU?). I remember Roshown McLeod being the first K transfer in to Duke (from St. Johns) but I can't remember anyone transferring to St. Johns.

MChambers
04-26-2008, 07:26 AM

Wendt to Detroit.

biscuit30
04-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Didn't Billy McCaffrey go to Vandy?

Cameron
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM
^^Yes.

watzone
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Wendt to Detroit.

Bingo! Greg "wendt" to Detroit;)

watzone
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Dartmouth, not Colgate. Sorry. Which school did I insult? I remember Crawford Palmer did well in that league.

I remember Ast leaving for American, but don't remember anyone going to Detroit (Mike Chappell to MSU?). I remember Roshown McLeod being the first K transfer in to Duke (from St. Johns) but I can't remember anyone transferring to St. Johns.

Andre Sweet to Seton Hall - my bad. Palmer was decent at Dartmouth. He transferred for academic courses yet ended up having a long pro career in Frace where he earned citizenship. He played on a silver medal team.

BD80
04-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Andre Sweet to Seton Hall - my bad. Palmer was decent at Dartmouth. He transferred for academic courses yet ended up having a long pro career in France where he earned citizenship. He played on a silver medal team.

You definitely got me on Greg Wendt. Sounds like he just missed Dickie V at Detroit.

Wendt is the same guy that wendt on to play Norm in Cheers, right? :D

He could really hold his position near the post!

gus
04-27-2008, 03:23 AM

We lost Adonal Foyle to Colgate - but that was in recruiting, not a transfer.

whereinthehellami
04-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Joey Beard transferred to Boston University.