PDA

View Full Version : Augustin is gone

shadowfax336
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
DJ Augustin has declared for the draft (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3363635)

That means that of the 1 and 2 seeds from last year
Kansas, UCLA, Memphis, and Gtown lost the heart of their teams, they may reload but they'll be quite different

Texas, and Tennessee have lost their best players and 1 or 2 others

UNC is still up in the air

and we lose our captain and nobody else important (sorry TK)

we're sitting in a pretty good spot here I think...

moonpie23
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
i think Cyz and Email coming in, plus one more year on everyone here.....we should be looking good.

shadowfax336
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
And Abrams is at least checking things out as well... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/04/23/abrams.ap/index.html)

That would effectively sink Texas for a year or so anyway

geraldsneighbor
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Dozier and Anderson have left as well. That means Memphis has 0 returning players from this years starting 5.

DukieBoy
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
but dozier hasn't hired an agent yet so it's still a possibility he returns....regardless, i think we are riding high and mighty as of now

geraldsneighbor
04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I sure hope so...I don't know another team outside of Carolina that will have as many upper classmen skilled players as us.

TheDuke11
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
1. unc
2. louisville
3. uCONn
4. Duke
5. mich state
6. purdue
7. notre dame
8. pittsburgh
9. wvu
10. marquette

big east rules

BD80
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Dozier and Anderson have left as well. That means Memphis has 0 returning players from this years starting 5.

Dozier and Anderson are merely going through the process as they are juniors and get a free go at the workouts. They are very likely to return.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8065186/Anderson,-Dozier-put-names-in-draft

Of course, there will be agents lurking around with some cash to hand out trying to lure them into signing.

I wonder if Rose is a good enough teammate to insist that any team working him out also pay for workouts for his teammates.

geraldsneighbor
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
1. unc
2. louisville
3. uCONn
4. Duke
5. mich state
6. purdue
7. notre dame
8. pittsburgh
9. wvu
10. marquette

big east rules

Louisville lost 3 players already. Pitt is banking on Young staying and Cook getting to be a 6th year senior. WVU needs Joe to withdraw from the draft. Michigan State lost their most potent scoring threat in Neitzel. Gotta let the dust settle before I make my preliminery top 10.

shadowfax336
04-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Pitts probably not getting Cook back (almost definite) but they are almost definitely getting Young back, which is what they really need. They're going to have 3 studs (Blair, Fields, Young), and then surround that with young players.

WVU is almost definitely losing Alexander so I'd leave them out of the top 10.

and why is Louisville #2 exactly?
they've taken some hits

BD80
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Pitts probably not getting Cook back (almost definite) but they are almost definitely getting Young back, which is what they really need. They're going to have 3 studs (Blair, Fields, Young), and then surround that with young players. ...

and why is Louisville #2 exactly?
they've taken some hits

Pitt has also just added Juan Dixon's brother Jermaine, the #8 ranked JUCO. This is the one spot that Pitt may have needed help. Puts them at the top of the Big East that will be VERY strong at the top - with UCon, ND and maybe Syracuse.

TheDuke11: The Big East with SIX top ten teams? That there must be some good stuff you've been shmokin.

Louisville returns ONE guy over 6'6", and he is a 220 lb swing man.

Marquette lost its head coach, two assistant coaches and two recruits. They also lose the three tallest players on the roster.

WVU will be like Cincinnati, always a tough game. Huggy will bring in a bunch a tough kids that other schools overlook and beat the snot out of most teams they face. I just don't see top ten yet. I wonder if WVU alum will overlook the fact that none of its basketball players will graduate - ever. Huggins belongs in the pro game.

shadowfax336
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't mind Marquette so much, their big 3 that has been together forever now (James, McNeal, Matthews) are going to be seniors, and Lazar Haywood looked like he might be the best player on the team by the end of last year. They have some talent. That said, this current team seems to have just staked out the 12-18 spots in the AP poll the last 3 years or so and made it their own. So we'll see if they can take a step up

Devilsfan
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Maybe Kyle will grow 3" like Dunlevy and add 30' of muscle.

TheDuke11
04-24-2008, 09:52 AM
lville also has 2 great big men coming in next year.

yeah, 6 big east teams will at least be in the top 20. That conference is stacked. might be 7.