PDA

View Full Version : Coach K wants to win...period...

Kewlswim
03-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi,

In reading through many a post it seems as if some posters are doubting Coach K's will to win. Either in chat or from a post someone has mentioned something along the lines that Coach K "mailed in" this season. I don't think that is the case. I heard Coach K speak about winning and losing, albeit in a different context--he didn't want boosters doing anything stupid--in that talk he said over and over again that no matter how much a fan thinks about how much he wants Duke to win, that he wants to win more. A man who values winning so much does not "mail in" a season. However, I think he can let it go if he feels that his team played as well as it can and he has made the right decisions.

For example: He has stated that he does not feel he should have called a time-out at the end of the game to setup a defense. I disagree. I would have. Under no conditions would I have let Maynor beat us. Then that is me and he is the hall of fame coach. That does not mean he wants to win any less than I did. He undoubtedly wanted to win that game even more than I and I wanted to win quite a bit. He is right about how to do things an awful lot of the time. I hope that in the future this game will be one of those where we look back and say, "Bad things happen to good people." :D

GO DUKE!