PDA

View Full Version : JJ gets some burn

Lord Ash
04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
JJ had a good night last night (good for him so far, at least,) getting 12 points in 11 minutes and shooting well, all near the end of the game.

I keep up with Orlando on a few NBA forums, and it is interesting to see how annoyed Orlando fans are with some of their current guards (paging Mr. Bogans!) and how they feel like JJ should play.

So far in all of the NBA I think that JJ not being allowed to play is the most painful. Bobby's accident and Jason's accident suck, obviously, but JJ is physically ABLE to play; they just don't let him, and it gives the morons from other teams so much satisfaction.

DukieBoy
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Found a Orlando Magic forum discussing J.J. Found it very interesting.

Link (http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/8531018894)

Duke79UNLV77
04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
he has shown that when he gets enough time to get in the flow, he puts points on the board quickly.

think of the type of fade-away, off the run and curl, hand-in-his-face 3's he hit on a regular basis in college. no one on last year's team could have hit 20% of those shots, and most would have air balled most of those shots. that's not knocking the guys on last year's team. redick has a unique talent that needs to be used.

geraldsneighbor
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
18 tonight, finally getting some dap in the big O.

powellhill1981
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Line on the Night vs. the Wizards
7-14 (4-8 from 3) for 18 points
4 rebounds, 3 assists (a few of which were gorgeous)
Actually started slow and many of his misses were actually prayers thrown up at the end of the shot clock. 2nd half turned into him and a European stiff (Morcan Gortat) show.
Interesting to see if he gets any PT in the playoffs. Regardless it at least provides a glimpse for a team that might want to pick him up.
Overall he seemed thinner and quicker than his college days and really understood how to get open for his shot.

geraldsneighbor
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
He has a year left on his deal correct?

Lord Ash
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Heh. JJ is still the man. The absolutefreaking man. Stupid Magic.

IUGrad03
04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
He has a year left on his deal correct?

I thought this was the second year of his two year deal?

lazee
04-17-2008, 12:38 AM
I thought this was the second year of his two year deal?

I think as a lottery pick, he has a 4-year contract. The first 2 are guaranteed, and the last 2 are team options. Prior to the start of this season, Orlando picked up his 3rd year option.

RelativeWays
04-17-2008, 08:07 AM
I have full confidence that JJ could play for any team that needed a shooting guard, even if it is off the bench. Any team that would use him on a regular basis would get a player that would get them 8-12 pts a night, and if JJ gets hot, he is capable of dropping 20. I don't know if JJ deserves the typical Duke NBA criticism of being a bust. He's not even getting the chance to prove if he is a bust or not.

Channing
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I have full confidence that JJ could play for any team that needed a shooting guard, even if it is off the bench. Any team that would use him on a regular basis would get a player that would get them 8-12 pts a night, and if JJ gets hot, he is capable of dropping 20. I don't know if JJ deserves the typical Duke NBA criticism of being a bust. He's not even getting the chance to prove if he is a bust or not.

i understand your point - but in reality, there are very very few Duke players that deserve the NBA bust rep.

IStillHateJimBain
04-17-2008, 11:16 AM
I like J.J. a lot but the whole Wizards game was the definition of NBA garbage time.
Might as well root for the Magic. If they go deep and he does somehow get some quality minutes and make the best of them, then maybe someone else would be interested in picking him up.

IUGrad03
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I think as a lottery pick, he has a 4-year contract. The first 2 are guaranteed, and the last 2 are team options. Prior to the start of this season, Orlando picked up his 3rd year option.

Thanks, I knew I could count on your for that info ;)

BD80
04-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Looks like they were just trying to pump up JJ's trade value if they decide to move him:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/04/magic-more-open.html

MIKESJ73
04-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Not everyone has given up on JJ.

From Hoopsworld:"This season he's averaging 12.7 points per game, (52% from the field, and 50% from three-point land) in games where he plays over 15 minutes." and "But Redick's time is coming and it looks like he'll be ready. He has been written off by many people before having the chance to prove himself. Judging what he's done when he's had the chance it's safe to say the Magic made a good choice in grabbing the sharp-shooter."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8308