PDA

View Full Version : Washcloths and Showers

EarlJam
04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
When you shower, do you use a washcloth?

DevilAlumna
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Exchange soap for "Dove Body Wash" or some other good smelling, lathery goo.

Exchange washcloth with "meshy/spongy ball thingy that hangs on a string."

ghost
04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Exchange washcloth with "meshy/spongy ball thingy that hangs on a string."

I think the technical term is "pouf"
:p

I am actually a big fan of Bath & Body Work's body washes followed by the same scent body cream... Cucumber Melon is what I have going on right now.
... well not RIGHT now, I am not DBR'ing in the shower!

hmm... waterproof laptop... now THAT's an idea!

Ok, back to thesis writing... :(

hc5duke
04-16-2008, 01:22 AM
I don't know what you would call this but I use one of these (http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Cloth/dp/B000EZS3O6) with soap. Tried body wash, didn't like it.

Indoor66
04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Earl, I recommend these http://www.tanisinc.com/hand_utility.php and lye soap. :D

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Interesting timing. While I never (well, hardly ever, close enough to never to choose that answer) use a wash cloth, I did buy a back brush yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I chose the one with the poof instead of bristles because it had a longer handle, and it felt really good on my back. More of a back-scratcher than a scrubber.

OldPhiKap
04-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm starting to get concerned about your fascination with our grooming habits, especially those that occur in the shower.

Just sayin'.

billybreen
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm starting to get concerned about your fascination with our grooming habits, especially those that occur in the shower.

Just sayin'.

Sad thing is, that's the least worrisome of all of EJ's obsessions.

EarlJam
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Earl, I recommend these http://www.tanisinc.com/hand_utility.php and lye soap. :D

That would hurt and I'd be a bloody mess. My days of bloody bathtub experiences are long over!

-EarlJam

EarlJam
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM

Just sayin'.

Well, my ultimate goal is to have people associate me, EarlJam, with good feelings (preferably early in the morning).

Showering in the morning? Think of EarlJam.

Washing / grooming your hair? Think of me, EarlJam

Eating a delicious breakfast / dinner? Ruminate on........EarlJam

Getting intimate, or extremely intimate with your significant other? Think of.....um, baseball.

-EarlJam

OldPhiKap
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Why do birds
Suddenly appear
When
Earl
Jam is near . . . .

Karl Beem
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
You forgot "I never shower".

colchar
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I never used to use a washcloth because I used soap and thought that the cloth was unneccessary. Now, however, I've switched to using bodywash so I use a washcloth with it.

devildeac
04-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't believe I actually read and voted in this thread. Some posters will stoop to anything. What next? Flannel sheets vs regular sheets? Regular shampoo vs conditioning shampoo? Bar soap vs liquid soap/shower gel? ARRGGHH. I have probably just given the Earl of Jam fodder for another 5-10 polls and 100-200 more posts.

DevilAlumna
04-17-2008, 12:31 AM
You forgot "robe vs. wrapped towel vs. b-day suit" and perhaps, "quilted vs. single-ply," or even, "standing or sitting." :D

(Hey, it's a long off-season....)

ghost
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Or how about brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

colchar
04-17-2008, 01:45 AM

Both.

hc5duke
04-17-2008, 01:59 AM

brushing my teeth has to be absolutely the first thing I do in the morning, and the last thing I do before going to sleep. I'm too lazy to brush after lunch, but I'm actually considering it too.

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I can't believe I actually read and voted in this thread. Some posters will stoop to anything. What next? Flannel sheets vs regular sheets? Regular shampoo vs conditioning shampoo? Bar soap vs liquid soap/shower gel? ARRGGHH. I have probably just given the Earl of Jam fodder for another 5-10 polls and 100-200 more posts.

You have to admit though, the results (at least to me), are usually interesting. The reason for this poll would be controversial if I told all the details. A few years ago, someone made the accusation that one segment of people don't use washcloths while another segment of the population does. I don't (unless I'm showering after a tennis match, or lawn work, etc.). So I wondered if I was alone - if I should take offense. I didn't and it seems I'm not alone.

I always smell good at work though, or out in public. Unless I'm doing a dirty job (lawn work, plumbing, knocking off a neighbor, etc.) I like to stay quite clean.

-EJ

billybreen
04-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I always smell good at work though, or out in public. Unless I'm doing a dirty job (lawn work, plumbing, knocking off a neighbor, etc.) I like to stay quite clean.

Don't get cocky. You can't smell yourself, after all.

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Don't get cocky. You can't smell yourself, after all.

Sometimes you can - and that's usually BAD.

But I often have people come up to me and say, "EarlJam, you smell terrific!"

dukepsy1963
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
..........I can smell you up here in the mountains!! I'm a believer!!