PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Spirits

EarlJam
04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I've researched a few ideas and am going to try to contact the spirit world tonight. Will let you all know how it goes tomorrow. Seriously.
-EJ

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I've researched a few ideas and am going to try to contact the spirit world tonight. Will let you all know how it goes tomorrow. Seriously.
-EJ

If you see Jennifer Love Hewitt or Patricia Arquette, please say hi for me.

DevilAlumna
04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Will this involve ouiji boards? Used to try those at my 6th grade slumber parties, along with light-as-a-feather, stiff-as-a-board type games. We freaked ourselves out a couple of times.

If not Ouiji, then chemically enhanced? Either natural (ymm, peyote?) or modern pharma?

I'm curious! looking forward to hearing about the attempt and the results.

Lavabe
04-16-2008, 07:16 AM
-EJ

Please contact Wally Wade, and find out what he thinks about Duke football and the A.D. situation. Then post on the EKing Board. Inside of several hours, it will have more posts on it than the LTE thread.:eek:

Supernatural cheers,
Lavabe

CameronBornAndBred
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Good luck, my wife is into the paranormal heavily. She wants to go ghost hunting our next vacation. If you have any success, ask them where the remote to my DVD player is.

rthomas
04-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Can you find out about my high school girlfriend from 1973? She left me for my best buddy, Frank, but I still think about her every day. She is probably still alive; does that matter?

blublood
04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't do this - what if you can't get rid of them once you contact them? What if one of them likes you and wants to pal around? You can't just tell him/her/it to go back to Tartarus, you know - ghosts have feelings too.

Uncle Drew
04-16-2008, 11:54 AM
What if you contact one and she looks like Woopie Goldberg and she makes you chase Patrick Swayze around to give him a cure for cancer that no one would believe? No you don't get to make pottery with Demi Moore, all you get is a little Woopie, lmao!

dkbaseball
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Maybe the best mind this country has ever produced -- William James -- found this subject fascinating and pursued it with as much scientific detachment as he could muster for many years. Deborah Blum has written a pretty good book about it called Ghost Hunters.

Channing
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I was in contact with spirits this past weekend - they called themselves the three J's. I believe their names were Jack, Johnny, and Jose.

TheRose77
04-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I grew up in a haunted house in High Point. You get used to weird things happening after a while. My folks sold it around 1980, and the people who bought it moved soon after. The ghost spooked them into selling. I guess the ghost thought my family was screwed up enough without adding to the situation, so he never really bothered us that much. Just little things. True story, although it sounds nutty as I write this.

rthomas
04-16-2008, 01:18 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Duke used to have a center for paranormal psychology or something like that that did a lot of ESP and ghost research. Eventually, for some reason or another splintered away from Duke to become independent. I don't know if Durham is now the center of parapsychology.

And I also remember that Duke had a center for hugely fat people to lose massive amounts of weight. I remember several times seeing Buddy Hackett walking around campus and at an off campus gym I used to go to to play racquetball (can't remember the name but it was in the same building as a Mexican restaurant that I can't remember the name of either).

Indoor66
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Duke used to have a center for paranormal psychology or something like that that did a lot of ESP and ghost research. Eventually, for some reason or another splintered away from Duke to become independent. I don't know if Durham is now the center of parapsychology.

And I also remember that Duke had a center for hugely fat people to lose massive amounts of weight. I remember several times seeing Buddy Hackett walking around campus and at an off campus gym I used to go to to play racquetball (can't remember the name but it was in the same building as a Mexican restaurant that I can't remember the name of either).

I believe you refer to Dr. J. B. Rhine's Institute of Parapsychology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.B._Rhine

and the "Rice Diet" of Dr. Walter Kempner: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Diet

The Institute for Parapsychology was located in a converted home on, IRRC, Buchanan Blvd. at about Markham Ave. There were a number of Rice Houses in the Trinity Park Community.

As an aside, Buddy Hackett was a regular at the Rice Diet. He would come down, lose his lbs, then go back to high living only to return again. He ended up owning a house at Willowhaven and played golf there regularly. Another who ended up in Durham for the same reason was "Jimmy the Greek" Snyder of CBS football and the "racial slur" fame. Jimmy lived in Croasdaile for a number of years. Others said to have been at the Ride Diet more than once were Elizabeth Taylor and Elvis Presley (who stayed in a railroad car parked near West Durham Lumber Company on Hillsboro Road, across from the Club Blvd. Reservoir.

OldPhiKap
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Both of those existed at Duke when I was there. Never met Buddy, but did meet Dom Deluise.

devildeac
04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I see dead people...

devildeac
04-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I was in contact with spirits this past weekend - they called themselves the three J's. I believe their names were Jack, Johnny, and Jose.

I can't believe it took 10 posts to reference these spirits...

CameronBornAndBred
04-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Can't leave us hanging. Who said boo?

colchar
04-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Anyone else notice EJ has been absent from the boards for a while today? Perhaps the spirits got him.

blublood
04-17-2008, 10:08 AM
^^ Which is unfortunate because I want to know what happened too!

(it is indeed a long, long off season....)

EarlJam
04-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Can't leave us hanging. Who said boo?

The only thing that happened (that DID spook me) was some books on one of my bookshelves fell over (a bookend problem....not spirits....at least, I don't think it was spirits). It did freak me out though.

I'll keep trying.

-EJ