PDA

View Full Version : Question about digital TV

Bluedawg
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
One report I hear says that come 2/09 when all TV is digital then those TVs on cable will be OK and only those with rabbit ears will not work.

Another report says that some TVs will not work at all.

Which is is?

billybreen
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
One report I hear says that come 2/09 when all TV is digital then those TVs on cable will be OK and only those with rabbit ears will not work.

Which is is?

Any TV will work, as long as it has a digital tuner or digital converter box on top. If you have digital cable, you're already fine.

-jk
04-13-2008, 09:38 PM

Which is is?

If you have analog cable (i.e., you don't need a cable box for most channels), you should ask your cable company. They may not convert the digital signals back to analog.

-jk

ghost
04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html

OZZIE4DUKE
04-14-2008, 12:51 AM
http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html

Great link. Thanks.

This was the question that I knew would have the bad answer

What about my portable, battery-powered analog TV? Will I be able to use it to watch broadcast TV after February 17, 2009?

Portable, battery-powered analog TVs may be able to receive over-the-air programming after February 17, 2009 if they have the necessary plugs to allow them to be connected to a digital-to-analog converter box. Because it is not anticipated that battery powered digital-to-analog converter boxes will be produced, an external power source would also be required.

That's the "emergency" TV. You know, the one we use during power outages during hurricanes and ice storms when the power is out. Having an extra UPS would provide a couple of hours of service, but not as much as extra D cells gives the TV. :(