PDA

View Full Version : New North Carolina dress caual.

Devilsfan
04-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Where does somone buy that Tee that Ol'Roy was sporting on national tv during the cahmpionship game? I'd like to see them all over Cameron next time we tip off with our "friends" from the college of chapel hill.

Raleighfan
04-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Where does somone buy that Tee that Ol'Roy was sporting on national tv during the cahmpionship game? I'd like to see them all over Cameron next time we tip off with our "friends" from the college of chapel hill.

Didn't look like a T to me, but instead a sweater or sweatshirt with a Jayhawk sticker slapped on the front.

BD80
04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Where does somone buy that Tee that Ol'Roy was sporting on national tv during the cahmpionship game?

There are a bunch for sale on Franklin Street, but they all have a knife handle sticking out the back ...

soccerstud2210
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
There are a bunch for sale on Franklin Street, but they all have a knife handle sticking out the back ...

how much are they going for? and can you get "dad gum it" printed on the back as well?

sagegrouse
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM

At the Final four in 1986, Coach Knight was wearing a Duke pin and got no grief whatsoever.

I can't figure out what the fuss is over.

sagegrouse

blublood
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
how much are they going for? and can you get "dad gum it" printed on the back as well?

Oh! Oh, I want one! And an extra to ship to Tar Heel friends in VA. :D

I think that was actually just a standard black turtleneck... didn't get a good look though.

BD80
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM

sagegrouse

Nor can I. Doesn't matter. But it is fun taking a little dip in the tarheel angst right now. They seem to be flipping out.

Wouldn't it be fun if the Ok St AD gave Ol' Roy a call? He was successful in the Big 12!

Stray Gator
04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
At the Final four in 1986, Coach Knight was wearing a Duke pin and got no grief whatsoever.

sagegrouse

But Knight's team was not a competitor in the 1986 Final Four. The more pertinent question is whether anyone saw Knight in the crowd wearing Duke insignia after his Indiana team was eliminated by Duke in the semifinals of the 1992 Final Four. From where I sat in the HHH MetroDome that night, it appeared that Knight gave K the "silent, brooding, brush-by" handshake at the end of the game (special thanks to Bobby H. and Marty C.!); and I don't recall any reports of Knight showing support for K or for Duke the rest of the weekend. In fact, I believe Knight distanced himself from K and the Duke program for several years after losing to them in the '92 semifinals.

soccerstud2210
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM

sagegrouse

what would have happened if coach k was wearing a WVU pin at the WVU and Xavier game?

CY_devil
04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
KU fans having fun with Roy pics, it is pretty hilarious.

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=basketball&Number=1015143&page=0&fpart=1

CY

ArkieDukie
04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
what would have happened if coach k was wearing a WVU pin at the WVU and Xavier game?

Coach K didn't coach at WVU for 15 years before coming to Duke. Granted, if he had, he probably would not have worn a Mountaineer sticker on a black turtleneck...

SupaDave
04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
It's the fact that he's SUPPOSED to be a Tarheel son! Hand picked by Dean! Kansas is supposed to be a MEMORY.

soccerstud2210
04-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Coach K didn't coach at WVU for 15 years before coming to Duke. Granted, if he had, he probably would not have worn a Mountaineer sticker on a black turtleneck...

exactly my point

Lavabe
04-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Sorry, but is there anyway to fix the spelling on the title of this thread? It's really bugging me. What is "caual?"

Cheers,
Lavabe

ArkieDukie
04-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry, but is there anyway to fix the spelling on the title of this thread? It's really bugging me. What is "caual?"

Cheers,
Lavabe

Lavabe, you beat me to the punch. That word has been driving me crazy. It must be the former academician in me.

Devilsfan
04-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Sorry for the spelling. It was suppose to be casual, but turned out to be a casual(ty).

Stray Gator
04-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the spelling. It was suppose to be casual, but turned out to be a casual(ty).

And all this time, I thought you just didn't give an "s"...

ArkieDukie
04-12-2008, 09:13 AM
And all this time, I thought you just didn't give an "s"...

ROTFL! Stray Gator, although it's early, you may have just won the award for POTD. At the very least, we have a strong nominee. Fortunately I had just swallowed my coffee when I read it - otherwise my computer screen would've needed a good cleaning.

Devilsfan
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I must of been thinking of Roy and my feelings for unc.