PDA

View Full Version : VCU/Pitt

Methodistman
03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Just watching some of it today - very physical, almost on the dirty side. I missed it, but apparently Mayner (sp?) already has 1 technical. On one play he went up for a lay up, and on the way down his right hand came pretty forcefully down straight onto the face of a Pitt player - seemed very similiar to the play Thursday night, except there was no blood. For all the people who defended the play as just something that happens, witness exhibit B and tell me there is not a pattern.

grossbus
03-17-2007, 07:09 PM
maynor.

they seem to be a rough team. surprised if pitt is letting them get away with it.

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
It appears that the young man's moments of being America's darling are close to being over. Pitt by 17.

Bob Green
03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
VCU just took Pitt into overtime.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

dukie8
03-17-2007, 08:08 PM

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

vcu must have been thinking that they were playing duke and not pitt the way pitt blew such a huge lead and missed foul shots...

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 08:08 PM

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

Fields absolutely choked at the FT line.. Had 2 chances to win it with 2.7 seconds left.. he missed both.

Stray Gator
03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I didn't really care much who won this game, but seeing VCU's players continue to get away with "aggressive" [READ: dirty] physical contact has led me to hope they get ousted from the tourney.

Stray ~~~;~~;~ http://mudlizard.com/users/icons/emoticons/chomp.gif

Madrasdukie
03-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I didn't really care much who won this game, but seeing VCU's players continue to get away with "aggressive" [READ: dirty] physical contact has led me to hope they get ousted from the tourney. Stray Gator

That's exactly how I feel.

Methodistman
03-17-2007, 08:40 PM
exactly why I started this thread!

KandG
03-17-2007, 08:40 PM
So much for America's darlings, who were exposed as a bunch of thugs tonight. Maynor's "follow-through" on his shots shows that he doesn't veer far from the Kobe Bryant school of dirty play, and suddenly Scheyer's getting whacked on Thursday seems much more logical.

Nice comeback for them (helped greatly by Pitt), but it's over. I do like Pellot-Rosa a lot and he acquitted himself well. But happy to see Maynor the punk go down.