PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting 2008

Channing
04-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where the top players left on the board might be going?

I guess it is Tyreke Evans, Devin Ebanks, and Scotty Hopson still on the market (although I checked Rivals and they said Hopson had committed to Tennessee - but I had not heard that).

If Evans and Ebanks both head to Memphis, they could be right back up there next year, even with their senior/NBA departures.

Franzez
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where the top players left on the board might be going?

I guess it is Tyreke Evans, Devin Ebanks, and Scotty Hopson still on the market (although I checked Rivals and they said Hopson had committed to Tennessee - but I had not heard that).

If Evans and Ebanks both head to Memphis, they could be right back up there next year, even with their senior/NBA departures.
My guess

Tyreke Evans-Memphis
Devin Ebanks-Rutgers
Scotty Hopson-Tennessee(Hes already committed)
Wesley Witherspoon-Memphis
Brad Tinsley-USC

dukefan47
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
i know that we are most likely done for 08 recruiting but i dont see why k cant just go out and take a look at some of the many solid 3 and 4 star centers still available, many without offers at that. Im sure that there are grades and character involved but atleast one has to be a good kid.
here are some names:
RaShanti Harris-4 star 1 OFFER
James Tyler 3 star 0 offers
it just frustrates me too se talent that could help us that basically goes unnoticed

pfrduke
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
i know that we are most likely done for 08 recruiting but i dont see why k cant just go out and take a look at some of the many solid 3 and 4 star centers still available, many without offers at that. Im sure that there are grades and character involved but atleast one has to be a good kid.
here are some names:
RaShanti Harris-4 star 1 OFFER
James Tyler 3 star 0 offers
it just frustrates me too se talent that could help us that basically goes unnoticed

First: to see.

Second: what makes you think RaShanti Harris or James Tyler is "talent that could help us"? Are they better than Zoubek or Thomas? I'm not saying 100% that they aren't, because I know precisely zero about them, but just because a kid is a 3 or 4 star center does not mean he is necessarily talent that could help us, especially next season.

Third: what makes you think Harris and Tyler are unnoticed? Do you have inside info that says no one on the Duke staff has ever heard of or looked at these two guys before?

BlueintheFace
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
4th- if we pick them up this year then we can't nab a 5 star big man next year

ForeverBlowingBubbles
04-09-2008, 11:28 PM
We should recruit this guy

http://www.snotr.com/embed/612

soccerstud2210
04-10-2008, 07:53 AM
We should recruit this guy

http://www.snotr.com/embed/612

i vote yes... we really need to be recruiting this guy for next year... he would be a great fit, great attitude, great skills! he is a MUST!!!!

YmoBeThere
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah, but what can he do when the pressure is on him? :) I didn't watch everything but I need to see him break down his defender...

whereinthehellami
04-10-2008, 08:30 AM

I don't think Evans is going to help any team unless its a byproduct of him helping himself. Look for a USC type season for whichever team he signs with. I like how OJ Mayo said he hoped he did for USC basketball what Reggie Bush and Leihnart (sp?) did for USC football. Right!?! Hold the Mayo, cause it smells bad.

yancem
04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't think Evans is going to help any team unless its a byproduct of him helping himself. Look for a USC type season for whichever team he signs with. I like how OJ Mayo said he hoped he did for USC basketball what Reggie Bush and Leihnart (sp?) did for USC football. Right!?! Hold the Mayo, cause it smells bad.

I don't recall any trophies being won by him or his team this year. What the heck is he talking about?

dukebdx12
04-10-2008, 10:11 AM
4th- if we pick them up this year then we can't nab a 5 star big man next year

good point. If so, waiting is the definite choice.

I don't recall any trophies being won by him or his team this year. What the heck is he talking about?

thats mayo for you.

mgtr
04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I know that when I order something decent, I always say "Hold the Mayo."

gotham devil
04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
First: to see.

Second: what makes you think RaShanti Harris or James Tyler is "talent that could help us"? Are they better than Zoubek or Thomas? I'm not saying 100% that they aren't, because I know precisely zero about them, but just because a kid is a 3 or 4 star center does not mean he is necessarily talent that could help us, especially next season.

Third: what makes you think Harris and Tyler are unnoticed? Do you have inside info that says no one on the Duke staff has ever heard of or looked at these two guys before?

Harris is better than Thomas, but he could never get into Duke.

greybeard
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM

POTM. Well done!

Franzez
04-10-2008, 07:41 PM

OJ says dumb stuff like that and him going to USC made 0 sense if he went there for that reason because it would've took at least 3 years of him even staying at USC to make them somewhat even comparable to their football team.

However he did start a trend really in players heading to USC,before OJ Mayo I dont think USC really was in good competition with prospects over UCLA in basketball.

OJ should've gone to a school like Memphis or Kansas State,does anybody remember at one point when he actually was considering Florida A&M.

Can anyone imagine Mayo and Walker at Florida A&M they'd likely had gone 26-4 or better last season and maybe advanced to the 2nd round of the tournament.