PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms For Next Season?

Franzez
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
It seems like we're getting something new or something changed every 2 years,we went from a lighter royal blue to a darker royal blue and now are black uniforms in this style suck.

http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/Builders/CentercourtMen/check_flash5.asp

I wish I could upload them but I created some alternatives.

BoC
04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Personally, I'm tired of the black uniforms. I'd much rather see the blue and WHITE roads unis, as opposed to blue and black.

The black uniforms were ok when they wore them occasionally, but now they've become the norm.

Cameron
04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I originally posted this on the "Paulus Video Game" thread, but it is more relevant here...

If you really go back and analyze it, since our home white and away blue jersey change beginning in the 2005-06 season, when, for no logical reason at all, we decided to add black lining to our traditional uniforms, we have not exactly played up to par with the Duke excellence of old come the latter months of the season. A mere coincidence? I think not.

Enter exhibit A: 1994-95, the worst year in Duke Basketball since the Reagan Administration. We finished 13-18 that season. Why, you ask? The answer is because we switched to the shoulder panel uniform design, of course. Bad karma.

Enter exhibit B: A year later, before the start of the 1995-96 season, the panel unis disappeared and we immediately returned to the Dance, subsequently advancing further in the NCAAs each and every year until we reached the national finals in '99.

People, it is time to go back to tradition. If this all seems like a small joke to pass the time, it is not. This is serious business and must be cooperated with by the Duke staff.

It is time! A title awaits our tradition's rebirth! (This is not endorsing a removal of the black neutrals, however, as I LOVE those! Just a removal of the awful black lines on the home white and away blue. The away blue-blacks look like plastic.)

moonpie23
04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm down with this sort of voodoo

rockymtn devil
04-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I too would like to a return to the blue & white road unis. Adding black to a team's color scheme was a very 1990s thing to do, and lots of schools did it then (in football and basketball). I don't like the blacks at all, but I can understand using it as an alternative road look on some occasions. But, the blue & black roads need to be put away for good.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope we get the right shade of blue..... a true deep royal blue, not a lighter blue which is approaching Columbia blue. (Years ago the blue was more of a navy blue.)

devildeac
04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I hope we get the right shade of blue..... a true deep royal blue, not a lighter blue which is approaching Columbia blue. (Years ago the blue was more of a navy blue.)

And that certainly dates you (and me and OZZIE makes three!;) )-No AARP eligible or bone fide members were harmed (or intentionally insulted) in the making and submission of this post:o . I have been scared for a while with the trend toward lighter and lighter blue unis, so I too would welcome something darker.

markbdevil
04-07-2008, 02:49 PM
I agree 100 percent about the basketball uniforms. What happened to the classic Duke look? Maybe if enough people contact the basketball office, they will consider going back to these:

K 3, Dean 2, Roy 0 (Coach D'oh's players)

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
The truth is that at this time of the year we really ought to be waxing poetic about what the football uniforms will look like now that Coach Cutcliffe is in charge. I eagerly anticipate seeing what he decides is appropriate and suitable for our team. The man has spent his life involved in programs where traditions, university symbols and emblems are not viewed casually.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree 100 percent about the basketball uniforms. What happened to the classic Duke look? Maybe if enough people contact the basketball office, they will consider going back to these:

K 3, Dean 2, Roy 0 (Coach D'oh's players)

Oh, to see another Gene Banks wearing Duke blue.........

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 03:09 PM
And that certainly dates you (and me and OZZIE makes three!;) )-No AARP eligible or bone fide members were harmed (or intentionally insulted) in the making and submission of this post:o . I have been scared for a while with the trend toward lighter and lighter blue unis, so I too would welcome something darker.
I'm glad there are some of us still around who know how things were years ago and who can remind others how good things can be at Duke.

Classof06
04-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I personally love Duke's black jerseys. They're my favorite ones..

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I personally love Duke's black jerseys. They're my favorite ones..
But there's magic in the Duke blue ones!!!!

yancem
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM

I think that the lighter shade of blue came about because the university admin or board finally chose a specific shade of blue to be "Duke Blue". This newly appointed official color is lighter than the almost Navy that many of us grew up knowing. For the life of me I don't know why they did this.

The truth is that at this time of the year we really ought to be waxing poetic about what the football uniforms will look like now that Coach Cutcliffe is in charge. I eagerly anticipate seeing what he decides is appropriate and suitable for our team. The man has spent his life involved in programs where traditions, university symbols and emblems are not viewed casually.

I was thinking the other day that I hope that Coach Cut decides to change up the football uniforms. Right now they look as boring and cheap as any school I can think of. I think my high school had better jerseys than Duke.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I think that the lighter shade of blue came about because the university admin or board finally chose a specific shade of blue to be "Duke Blue". This newly appointed official color is lighter than the almost Navy that many of us grew up knowing. For the life of me I don't know why they did this.

I was thinking the other day that I hope that Coach Cut decides to change up the football uniforms. Right now they look as boring and cheap as any school I can think of. I think my high school had better jerseys than Duke.
There have been several shades of blue. The navy blue was used at least through the late 1960's and early 1970's By the end of the 1970's the blue was definitely a royal blue.... see the picture of Gene Banks on this thread. The blue used this past season was the lightest yet, truly approaching a Columbia or Yale blue. A look at the various pieces of Duke apparel and sports memorabilia reveals a range of shades even today. Dukies called it Duke blue, but I'm don't believe that shade has been officially selected by anyone.

onepresent
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
This is from University Archives...

http://library.duke.edu/uarchives/faqs/duke_blue.html

On September 23, 1965, the Executive Committee of Duke's Board of Trustees adopted Prussian blue as Duke's official color. We know of no other official action on the matter of school colors.

In the late 1880s the student body of Trinity College, which is now an undergraduate college of Duke University, chose dark blue for the school color. According to tradition the chosen color, sometimes called Yale Blue, was selected to honor Trinity's new president, John Franklin Crowell, who was a Yale graduate. However, the history of Yale Blue is unclear...

...Duke Blue is registered as number 287 in the Pantone® Color Matching System (http://www.pantone.com/ ). Colors in the range of Pantone® numbers 283 to 289 are used for Duke Blue. The reason for the range of numbers relates to differences in printed materials, computer applications, and textiles. The Pantone® Process Color Imaging Guide formula for Duke Blue is 100% Cyan + 69% Magenta + 0% Yellow + 11.5% Black. In a computer color palette Duke Blue is hex 00,00,9C; RGB 0,0,156; Hue=160 Saturation =240 Brightness=73.

my note...

Many publications within Duke Athletics use PMS 286. The official Duke Blue, PMS 287, is too dark to work well when paired with black.

RelativeWays
04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I've always liked the black unis, the 2001 version in particular. I do like the more navy blue old road unis better than the rich royal blue they use now. Actually I like the white home unis with the blue and black trim because I always thought they looked kinda plain without the black trim

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM

On September 23, 1965, the Executive Committee of Duke's Board of Trustees adopted Prussian blue as Duke's official color. We know of no other official action on the matter of school colors.

In the late 1880s the student body of Trinity College, which is now an undergraduate college of Duke University, chose dark blue for the school color. According to tradition the chosen color, sometimes called Yale Blue, was selected to honor Trinity's new president, John Franklin Crowell, who was a Yale graduate. However, the history of Yale Blue is unclear...

...Duke Blue is registered as number 287 in the Pantone® Color Matching System (http://www.pantone.com/ ). Colors in the range of Pantone® numbers 283 to 289 are used for Duke Blue. The reason for the range of numbers relates to differences in printed materials, computer applications, and textiles. The Pantone® Process Color Imaging Guide formula for Duke Blue is 100% Cyan + 69% Magenta + 0% Yellow + 11.5% Black. In a computer color palette Duke Blue is hex 00,00,9C; RGB 0,0,156; Hue=160 Saturation =240 Brightness=73.

my note...

Many publications within Duke Athletics use PMS 286. The official Duke Blue, PMS 287, is too dark to work well when paired with black.

Thanks for this update and clarification!

Mike Corey
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
It seems like we're getting something new or something changed every 2 years,we went from a lighter royal blue to a darker royal blue and now are black uniforms in this style suck.

http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/Builders/CentercourtMen/check_flash5.asp

I wish I could upload them but I created some alternatives.

A designer from Nike comes to Duke each off-season with sketches and a replica of what the upcoming season's jersey will look like.

Don't know if any changes are actually in store for next year. I'll see what I can find out, but I doubt any such decisions have been or will be made anytime soon.

If I had a scintilla of say, I'd make a pitch for returning to these:

http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-baskbl/granthill.jpg

wilson
04-07-2008, 04:41 PM

*Raises a glass* Amen to that. Black on the uniforms is a no-longer-faddish holdover from the worst three-year stretch of Duke basketball in over two decades. It should go the way of the dodo forthwith. Also, it's ugly.

dukeENG2003
04-07-2008, 04:45 PM
just like MY G. Hill jersey. Good to know that other people think its as cool as I do (although that has more to do with the name on the back than the jersey style IMO) :cool:

RelativeWays
04-07-2008, 04:56 PM
There was no black in the "shoulder pad unis" What about the late 70's Duke warm up gear that was blue with red trim and lettering. WTF? We're not Depaul!

Jarhead
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that's the one, with the right shade of blue. I'll go one step further. Lets get rid of the shop lifting pants. Maybe the better description would be cullotes that resemble a girl's skirt.

BlueintheFace
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Everyone already thinks we are stuck up elitists anyways... lets just add a collar to the uniform. Can't you see it now--- Gerald takes off on a breakaway and throws down a tomahawk dunk. As the opposing coach calls a timeout, G pops the collar and throws his hands in the air as the Crazies go absolutely ballistic. GENIUS... You heard it here first!

VaDukie
04-07-2008, 05:08 PM
A designer from Nike comes to Duke each off-season with sketches and a replica of what the upcoming season's jersey will look like.

Don't know if any changes are actually in store for next year. I'll see what I can find out, but I doubt any such decisions have been or will be made anytime soon.

This and the classic blue uniforms (the ones we wore beating unc in 2004) would make my heart happy.

I think if we all take a deep look into our souls we all know that until we stop being Nike's two-cent whore we deserve early exits...;)

Mike Corey
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Everyone already thinks we are stuck up elitists anyways... lets just add a collar to the uniform. Can't you see it now--- Gerald takes off on a breakaway and throws down a tomahawk dunk. As the opposing coach calls a timeout, G pops the collar and throws his hands in the air as the Crazies go absolutely ballistic. GENIUS... You heard it here first!

This is an outstanding idea.

We can be the first basketball team to be sponsored by the Tiger Woods brand, a la Cincinnati and the Jordan brand. Instead of going with muscle shirts, we'll just go with collared shirts.

But if we're going to go down that path, we really should go all the way. We'll need a sweater tied around our necks--you know, like a cape--and we should all "sport" Gatsby-esque haircuts. The band can play orchestral interludes during timeouts, and that "We beg to differ!" chant will finally match its surroundings.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 05:31 PM

We can be the first basketball team to be sponsored by the Tiger Woods brand, a la Cincinnati and the Jordan brand. Instead of going with muscle shirts, we'll just go with collared shirts.

But if we're going to go down that path, we really should go all the way. We'll need a sweater tied around our necks--you know, like a cape--and we should all "sport" Gatsby-esque haircuts. The band can play orchestral interludes during timeouts, and that "We beg to differ!" chant will finally match its surroundings.
Wearing one's sweater that way was popular in the 60's. The music would be beach music or soul music ...... can I get an amen for Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs? What that's I hear in the distance? "Stay just a little bit longer"?

Mike Corey
04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Wearing one's sweater that way was popular in the 60's.

Let's have a modicum of preppiness from each decade since Duke has been a university.

Faustus
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I still love that Gene Banks uniform color, and bigger DUKE letters on the front. To me that's what they should look like. These others seem to be weaselling away from what we once were (even as UNC weasels even more insidiously towards a darker blue than ours). This must be stopped.

RelativeWays
04-07-2008, 05:43 PM
While we're at it, lets change the player names to Worthington, Pendleton, Wentworth, and Billingsly, and make sure they have last names for first names like Tucker and Ashford. We aren't WASPY enough.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM

My sister in Chicago, Class of '72, made this suggestion: "might as well add a REP TIE. It could be in Duke colored stripes or have little blue devils in rows on it."

As a former risk manager, I'd have to suggest that the tie be firmly tacked down to the uniform so that it couldn't become a hazard or bring about a technical foul.

msdukie
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Those of you who know me know that I DETEST the recent destruction of Duke's uniforms, starting with the road uniforms in the 04-05 season (and the home uni's the next year). Not only the addition of black but the addition of generic Nike neck trim and NikeElite badges (is silver a school color?)

However, instead of complaining on the boards, we need to figure out how to bring this to the attention of the basketball staff. I know that in an issue of Blue Planet this year, the question was asked which uniforms people preferred and the old uniforms wont he vote convincingly. Maybe the staff will pay attention to that, but maybe those of you with who read/post and have connections with the staff and agree that we need to go back to the classic uniform can forward our concerns along or recommend the best way to do so.

It actually is important to deal with this during this time of year. As I understand it, each spring Nike sends prototypes to the staff (I have a few of them) who then comments and makes changes that they want and then the new uniforms are put together for the fall. So, the uniform process for next year is likely underway.

As to the change in color, it is probably a Nike issue of what constitues "royal blue" with this years' super-space material than anything else. That being said, if we complained about the current shade enough, they might darken it.

Our best uniforms are either the 1994 home and roads or the 1998-2005 homes and 1998-2004 roads. We should wear blue primarly on the roads (and always at Carolina). Black should be used only for a couple of conference games and a big non-conference road game (which is how they were used from 1997-1999).

Additionally, we need to go back to the 1998 version of the black uniforms, which (like the 1997 ones (but with a sleeker typeface)) had the white trim all over them and looked sharper and were a perfect alternate match for the blue uniforms and white uniforms. This was the last year before Nike started "templating" many of its' teams uniform (starting with our black uniforms).

I hate messing with our tradition, but for those of you who think I don't like any change, my senior year was when the black uniforms were introduced (1997) and the morning after the St. Joseph's game (flap, flap), I bought the first authentic Jeff Capel black home jersey and shorts when the Duke Store opened. They took a picture of me buying it because it was the first one ever sold. So, I like the black, but only on rare occasions.

Hopefully, since a lot of us feel strongly about this issue, we can find a productive way to bring it to the powers that be.

geraldsneighbor
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Not sure if anyone noticed but Ohio State and Syracuse wore different jerseys all last season up until the conference tournaments when they switched to that ugle tight looking jersey. Not sure why the change was made then as several other teams like Carolina, Arizona, and Maryland began woring them this year.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Those of you who know me know that I DETEST the recent destruction of Duke's uniforms, starting with the road uniforms in the 04-05 season (and the home uni's the next year). Not only the addition of black but the addition of generic Nike neck trim and NikeElite badges (is silver a school color?)

However, instead of complaining on the boards, we need to figure out how to bring this to the attention of the basketball staff. I know that in an issue of Blue Planet this year, the question was asked which uniforms people preferred and the old uniforms wont he vote convincingly. Maybe the staff will pay attention to that, but maybe those of you with who read/post and have connections with the staff and agree that we need to go back to the classic uniform can forward our concerns along or recommend the best way to do so.

It actually is important to deal with this during this time of year. As I understand it, each spring Nike sends prototypes to the staff (I have a few of them) who then comments and makes changes that they want and then the new uniforms are put together for the fall. So, the uniform process for next year is likely underway.

As to the change in color, it is probably a Nike issue of what constitues "royal blue" with this years' super-space material than anything else. That being said, if we complained about the current shade enough, they might darken it.

Our best uniforms are either the 1994 home and roads or the 1998-2005 homes and 1998-2004 roads. We should wear blue primarly on the roads (and always at Carolina). Black should be used only for a couple of conference games and a big non-conference road game (which is how they were used from 1997-1999).

Additionally, we need to go back to the 1998 version of the black uniforms, which (like the 1997 ones (but with a sleeker typeface)) had the white trim all over them and looked sharper and were a perfect alternate match for the blue uniforms and white uniforms. This was the last year before Nike started "templating" many of its' teams uniform (starting with our black uniforms).

I hate messing with our tradition, but for those of you who think I don't like any change, my senior year was when the black uniforms were introduced (1997) and the morning after the St. Joseph's game (flap, flap), I bought the first authentic Jeff Capel black home jersey and shorts when the Duke Store opened. They took a picture of me buying it because it was the first one ever sold. So, I like the black, but only on rare occasions.

Hopefully, since a lot of us feel strongly about this issue, we can find a productive way to bring it to the powers that be.

I've always received a prompt response from Coach K when I've contacted his office via email. I think how the subject is presented will influence how he responds. So far as the shade of blue goes, Nike needs to understand that our Board of Trustees already made that decision in 1965. (The decision regarding shade of blue was made long before Coach K's arrival.)

Son of Mojo
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I have never been a fan of the black jerseys, be it the predominate color or in trim. Wish they'd drop it from the color scheme of the jersey completely.

Indoor66
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Wearing one's sweater that way was popular in the 60's. The music would be beach music or soul music ...... can I get an amen for Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs? What that's I hear in the distance? "Stay just a little bit longer"?

And Doug Clark could direct the half-time festivities. :D

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
And Doug Clark could direct the half-time festivities. :D
I wish he still could! Doug passed away several years ago.

RelativeWays
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Retro jerseys are all the rage with NBA teams, sometimes the NFL and MLB participate as well. I think I've seen some college football teams use the trowbacks as well. Why not go back to some of the classic versions and some of the new ones? I too do not like the template versions that Nike has rolled out the past couple of years, particularly the ones that had the little stripes at the shoulders. Unis should be unique per school.

blazindw
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
I liked how the jerseys were when I was there. White/Royal for the home, Royal/White for the road, and Black/Blue/White for the alternate. I love the black uniforms and breaking them out occasionally for the "big" games (except UNC...I feel we should always wear Duke Blue at the Dean Dome).

devildeac
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM

my note...

11.5% black, eh? See, black IS one of our school colors;)

devildeac
04-07-2008, 11:52 PM

1. beach or soul? How about some of both?
2. Amen

godukecom
04-07-2008, 11:55 PM
i picked the champion for the first time ever!

yancem
04-08-2008, 12:22 AM
First of all, I'm not sure why K or the University let Nike dictate the uniforms. I know they give a lot of money and I'm sure that the logic in changing the uniforms every couple of years is to sell more jerseys. The thing is because players come and go so frequently (especially the stars that you want to own their jersey) you don't really need to change the style, the names and nubers already change.

Also, K is big into the "Duke brand" so why is it not understood that keeping a solid traditional uniform build brand as well as anything out side of winning? I understand with ever changing fabric technologies that changes of some kind or inevitable but that doesn't mean that you have recreate the wheel everey couple of years.

Additionally, the whole horn looking things that were on the uniforms a couple of years ago were also on about a dozen or more other school's uniforms. Since when did Duke follow other schools like lemmings?

Finally, why can't they sell custom jerseys so that you can order one with your name on it?

DevilWolf
04-08-2008, 07:14 AM

Um ... they did change them last year. They're the same unis that Southern Cal wears. Pretty sweet looking actually.

blazindw
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Um ... they did change them last year. They're the same unis that Southern Cal wears. Pretty sweet looking actually.

Yea, the football jerseys were really good looking. A very traditional look that I think can have some lasting power. I'm hoping that they actually sell the ones with the stripe on the shoulders this year in stores instead of the generic jersey they put out last year.

As for the basketball jerseys, it's a given, just like any other sport, that there will be tweaks to the uniform from time to time. I think the consensus around here is that the jerseys shouldn't suffer through drastic changes to our tradition (like the adding of the black trim to the home whites and the road blues).

Stray Gator
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I wish he still could! Doug passed away several years ago.

In keeping with the origin of the "Blue Devil" nickname and to honor the affinity for Beach Music, why not have our guys wear Duke Blue tams during warm-ups and get the pep band to play and sing "You Lied To Your Daddy" when the opposing team falls behind (and maybe "What Kind Of Fool" after emphatically blocked shots)? :D

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
In keeping with the origin of the "Blue Devil" nickname and to honor the affinity for Beach Music, why not have our guys wear Duke Blue tams during warm-ups and get the pep band to play and sing "You Lied To Your Daddy" when the opposing team falls behind (and maybe "What Kind Of Fool" after emphatically blocked shots)? :D
Why just any tam? Why not use the same design as the Duke doctoral regalia? The head gear is something like a tam. Having the basketball team wear some version of it would bring academics and athletics together.

miramar
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't know how we got to royal blue, but any shade of blue is better than black or black trim. After all, we are the blue devils.

Irrespective of the color, I hope we never change to the beach t-shirt look (or whatever it's called) that Florida and Carolina wear.

yancem
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM

I missed the change. I don't live in NC anymore and not a whole lot of Duke football games are shown here. I had only seen the jerseys they sell to fans which are solid blue/white with opposite color lettering. Very plain.

Franzez
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah I agree with returning to the style of our uniforms from the 70's that has seemed like the trend with teams like DePaul,Marquette,and UAB bringing back the past influence.

Return to the classic 70's/80's era.
http://cache.uspresswire.com/image/thumb/250-250/2155400.jpg

Now I dont believe the shorts should be as short but I think we should bring back the blue trim waistband,and darken the blue just a little bit more but I would suggest adding an alternate black uniform based on our basic 70's uniform style.

Sadly I dont have photoshop to show you guys what im hinting at but hopefully you understand what im visualizing

Franzez
04-08-2008, 05:44 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/03/05/hendersonx.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/ncaa/specials/preview/2006/10/16/paulus.injury.ap/t1_paulus_si.jpg

Seriously we are playing in uniforms that would've looked in style 12 years ago.

zingit
04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
You guys have got it all wrong: the black road unis are a good thing! To quote from the Chronicle the day after we beat UNC this year: "Duke sported its black road jerseys for the third time in five years in Chapel Hill. When the Blue Devils have worn black, they are 3-0. In their traditional blue, they are 0-2."

Q.E.D. That pretty much settles it for me.

blazindw
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
You guys have got it all wrong: the black road unis are a good thing! To quote from the Chronicle the day after we beat UNC this year: "Duke sported its black road jerseys for the third time in five years in Chapel Hill. When the Blue Devils have worn black, they are 3-0. In their traditional blue, they are 0-2."

Q.E.D. That pretty much settles it for me.

That's wrong. We won in 2004 wearing the blues in the Dean Dome.

msdukie
04-09-2008, 12:35 AM
That's wrong. We won in 2004 wearing the blues in the Dean Dome.

And in 2005 and 2007 we wore our non-traditional blueblack uniforms and lost in those travesties, making us 0-2 in the new "not-blue" uniforms in the Dean Dome.

Coincidence??

While some people think that some tweaks are okay every year, I should point out that UCLA and Indiana don't allow Adidas to "tweak" their unis. Indiana still has the collared warm-ups and the candystriper pants.

I see no reason why we need to tweak what worked.

Perhaps it is time for us to go back to adidas.

yancem
04-09-2008, 08:54 AM
While some people think that some tweaks are okay every year, I should point out that UCLA and Indiana don't allow Adidas to "tweak" their unis. Indiana still has the collared warm-ups and the candystriper pants.

I see no reason why we need to tweak what worked.

Perhaps it is time for us to go back to adidas.

Amen!

markbdevil
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
And get rid of the black warm-ups too. How about these?!?!!!

ArkieDukie
04-09-2008, 09:11 AM

And can we get a repeat of the player in this particular uni? :D

miramar
04-09-2008, 09:39 AM
And get rid of the black warm-ups too. How about these?!?!!!

The black warm ups are the worst.

CLT Devil
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Regardless of our record when wearing black at the 'Dome, I feel we should always wear blue. That's part of the whole rivalry...different shades of blue. I for one love the black uniforms and have some very good memories of them during my four years at Duke. However, when playing on the road against the 'Holes we should wear our road Blues, IMO

IStillHateJimBain
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Duke needs to go back to blue football helmets. White helmets are awful for just about every team, maybe with the exception of Auburn and Penn State. Virginia used to have the worst helmets in college football -- plain white with one orange and one blue stripe down the middle. The dark ones with the crossed swords are pretty nice.

msdukie
04-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Regardless of our record when wearing black at the 'Dome, I feel we should always wear blue. That's part of the whole rivalry...different shades of blue. I for one love the black uniforms and have some very good memories of them during my four years at Duke. However, when playing on the road against the 'Holes we should wear our road Blues, IMO

Strongly agreed! However, as pointed out in this thread, Duke currently doesn't have a set of blue uniforms. And Duke has never won in the Dean Dome in blueblack.