PDA

View Full Version : UT - LSU women

Channing
04-06-2008, 11:43 PM
great ending. LSU goes up 1 on free throws with about 7 seconds left. Candace Parker drives the length of the court, dumps it off. Her player misses the layup, and instead of playing to the buzzer and boxing out, the LSU players are caught watching the play, and a UT player gets an uncontested run at the basket for an easy follow up.

Here is my problem - do I root for UT because of the Duke connection (via Shelden) or do I root for Stanford because I can't really stand Pat Summit?

wisteria
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
:D I'll root for Shelden's lady~~

geraldsneighbor
04-06-2008, 11:55 PM
She's cute in a 6-5 black girl type way.

brevity
04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
She's cute in any kind of way. Well done, Mr. Williams.

When it comes to women's basketball, you root for parity. The world would be a better place if Pat and Geno never won titles again.

billybreen
04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
She's cute in any kind of way. Well done, Mr. Williams.

Word to that. CP is one very attractive woman.

dyedwab
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Here is my problem - do I root for UT because of the Duke connection (via Shelden) or do I root for Stanford because I can't really stand Pat Summit?

Much as I'm not a fan of Pat Summit, I got to root for Candace Parker, because playing that hard and that well with a separated shoulder is just....well...amazing.

Well done, Shelden.

IStillHateJimBain
04-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Did DBR's great friend Mike Patrick -- or whatever his real name is -- make the connection on the last-second stickback by Hornbuckle with the play at the end of the Tennessee-Rutgers game earlier this season in Knoxville or he did he whiff on that completely?
It was absolutely the most controversial finish of a game in many years. The clock froze for at least one second, stopping at 0.2 long enough for Tennessee to hit an almost identical stickback as the one last night.
Of course last night's was clean but how could he miss the connection?

Exiled_Devil
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Word to that. CP is one very attractive woman.

If we are commenting on attractive Women's Bball players, may I say I miss Iciss?

And to be an equal-opportunity objectifier, my wife just reminded me that she wanted Trajan Langdon's babies when he was at Duke. She tried to convince me it was because of the SAT scores, GPA, pro baseball contract and pro basketball potential, but I think it was for less objective reasons

Exiled

MHTorringjan
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I'd actually root for Stanford, mainly because I think it'd be better for women's basketball to see someone besides Tenn or Uconn win it. Besides, Candace already has enough rings to last a lifetime. ;-)

M.H.

geraldsneighbor
04-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Candace is actually a cute girl. Sorry if my comment offended anyone. It was a poor attempt to provide humor to the women's game. Congrats to the Land Lord on landing her. Once again, sorry if the comment was taken in the wrong way. I didn't mean anything by it.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Though low scoring, the game was interesting and exciting to watch. While some have decried Duke's not getting to the Final Four (men or women), LSU's women have been there five straight years without taking the title. Football's not the only LSU program to reach national prominence! Geaux tigers!

Duvall
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
While some have decried Duke's not getting to the Final Four (men or women), LSU's women have been there five straight years without taking the title.

Well, now they've got the right man to put an end to that.

brevity
04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, now they've got the right man to put an end to that.

Interestingly loaded statement.

Sadly for them, Joe Alleva will have little to do with the end of LSU's streak next year. Take a look at their roster (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/teams/lav/roster;_ylt=AivL7YlcdwcFh.Bk5Y6s665j2LYF); Sylvia Fowles graduates as one of their NINE seniors.