PDA

View Full Version : Greg Paulus on EA Sports March Madness Cover -- Not Really

bludev03
04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Pretty sick cover!:cool:

http://picjoint.com//files/8/MM08%20Paulus%20PS3.jpg

Jumbo
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't think that's correct. Video games can't use the likeness of current players. Plus, Durant was on the cover of March Madness 2008.

shadowfax336
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM
um I don't think thats right...

EA Sports can't use active players on their video game covers... And in any case Durant is definitely on the cover of this years game...

That definitely looks photoshopped anyway

bludev03
04-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Of course it's photoshopped. Do you think EA Sports would put the Duke and ACC logos on the cover?? Still, I think it's pretty cool!

Jim3k
04-06-2008, 02:24 PM
An out-dated ACC logo at that.

Jumbo
04-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Of course it's photoshopped. Do you think EA Sports would put the Duke and ACC logos on the cover?? Still, I think it's pretty cool!

If you knew it was done with Photoshop, why did you post it? And I'm pretty sure that EA has used Duke players on the cover before, which would mean a visible Duke logo.

sundown
04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
If you knew it was done with Photoshop, why did you post it? And I'm pretty sure that EA has used Duke players on the cover before, which would mean a visible Duke logo.

Only if the logo were visible on the player's uniform (which isn't the case with Duke); EA doesn't separately place a school's (or conference's) logo on the covers of its games, as on the photoshopped Paulus cover.

Classof06
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
JJ was on the cover of one of those video games but, which has already been mentioned, it was after he graduated.

And even if they could use current players, I'd be surprised if Greg got the nod to be on the cover. As a Duke fan, I'd love to see it but Greg's not exactly the first player that comes to mind.

onepresent
04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
That cover is sick, and in the original meaning of sick. EA's covers are not that ugly, gosh!

Here are four EA covers featuring Duke players from the DukeBluePlanet web site...

http://dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=55

Cameron
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Not to mention, let's all take a look at Wake Forest's jerseys in the background a little more closely...

That looks like an old College Slam cover for Sega Saturn. Lol.

PS: Can we please get rid of that awful black in our white uniform? Geesh.

hc5duke
04-06-2008, 05:30 PM
made me laugh. Though personally I would have preferred a Scheyer face version... maybe 2009

darthur
04-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Well, maybe he edited it but the title right now does include "Not really" at the end.

Cameron
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
^^Yes, the title was later edited from its original version.

adam
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
That cover is sick, and in the original meaning of sick. EA's covers are not that ugly, gosh!

Here are four EA covers featuring Duke players from the DukeBluePlanet web site...

http://dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=55

Trajan was on the cover of a video game for PS1. I can't remember which game it was off the top of my head, though.

Jumbo
04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, maybe he edited it but the title right now does include "Not really" at the end.

Perhaps that's because I edited so people would stop getting confused.

Ben63
04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
PS: Can we please get rid of that awful black in our white uniform? Geesh.

Actually I think we did... sort of. The black on the neck and sleeve trim is gone but it is still on the side panel. Pic (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22726&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1416380)
Dont even get me started on the black alternate. Ill mention one thing about it before the rant starts... the little black strip for the Virginia Tech shootings is present, even though you cant see it. Pic (http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/golo/2008/02/06/2405034/47aa886670674-600x450.jpg)

Cameron
04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
adam:

I had that game, and I believe it was of the NCAA Final Four line. I'm assuming 2000.

Cameron
04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Ben:

Yes, I'm aware of our new uniforms. However, like you said, we still have black stripes down each side, which, to me, is completely unnecessary. (I should have been more clear. Sorry).

If you really go back and analyze it, since our home white and away blue jersey change beginning in the 2005-06 season, when, for no logical reason at all, we decided to add black lining to our traditional uniforms, we have not exactly played up to par with the Duke excellence of old come the latter months of the season. A mere coincidence? I think not.

Enter exhibit A: 1994-95, the worst year in Duke Basketball since the Reagan Administration. We finished 13-18 that season. Why, you ask? The answer is because we switched to the shoulder panel uniform design, of course. Bad karma.

Enter exhibit B: A year later, before the start of the 1995-96 season, the panel unis disappeared and we immediately returned to the Dance, subsequently advancing further in the NCAAs each and every year until we reached the national finals in '99.

People, it is time to go back to tradition. If this all seems like a small joke to pass the time, it is not. This is serious business and must be cooperated with by the Duke staff.

It is time! A title awaits our tradition's rebirth! (This is not endorsing a removal of the black neutrals, however, as I LOVE those! Just a removal of the awful black lines on the home white and away blue. The away blue-blacks look like plastic.)

(BTW, Ben, is King really still Ca$h?)