PDA

View Full Version : A One Seed in Trouble but charging back

AluminumDuke
03-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Ohio State was down by 9 points with less about 3 minutes left, but has cut it to one point with just over a minute left. Go Xavier!

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Ohio State was down by 9 points with less about 3 minutes left, but has cut it to one point with just over a minute left. Go Xavier!

This would completely *insert word* my bracket if they lost.. Ohio St. Better win!

AluminumDuke
03-17-2007, 03:14 PM
If someone fell that hard when one of our players fouled him it would be national news.

JBDuke
03-17-2007, 03:14 PM
This would completely *insert word* my bracket if they lost.. Ohio St. Better win!

Me, too. I've got OSU winning it all in my bracket.

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Me, too. I've got OSU winning it all in my bracket.

Me too. I have them beating Kansas in the Finals.. Excuse me.. but ****! Dang.. :( Im going to lose to my SISTER AGAIN! How can i ever hold my head up ?

Stray Gator
03-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Tied in regulation with a JJ-range three-pointer. Going to overtime...but Ohio State has lost Oden to fouls. Stay tuned...

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Lewis has shown huge heart in keeping OSU in it. They may actually be better off without Oden in OT-Xavier's entire game plan has been to run at him and hope the ref calls a foul. They may not know what to do now.

DukeBlood
Yes!!!! Now thats clutch :) Maybe God doesnt want me to lose again :).. I do a bracket with my family every year(Brother in laws included) and last year my eldest sister won.. I have had to deal with her "Hahahaha you lost to a girl" comments ! Go Buckeyes!

Atlanta Duke
How is blocking someone to the floor when you need to foul with less than 10 seconds to go not intentional?

Oden would be suspended for his next game if he did that in a Duke uniform.

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Atlanta, you're absolutely right. However, I don't think you'd find a ref in the country who would have the guts to make that call. Matta would have choked him.

Troublemaker
03-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I am envious of OSU for having Mike Conley, Jr.

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Amen, Trouble. I'd take Conley over Lawson, anytime.

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Amen, Trouble. I'd take Conley over Lawson, anytime.

True, He has been the man in OT. Clutch and Even showed some Defense!

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Somewhat of a gag job by Xavier. Up 59-50 with five minutes to go. OSU closes 28-12.

OSU has had their scare. Look out.

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Somewhat of a gag job by Xavier. Up 59-50 with five minutes to go. OSU closes 28-12.

Lets hope so. Oden will have to play a little better though. He didnt dominate like i expected him too!

tombrady
03-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Why does X even let OSU take a 3 there? he released the 3 with under 3 seconds left...they should have fouled the guy bringing the ball up..

def a choke job. OSU had to hit the shots, but X should never have given them the chance

pacificrounder
03-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Officials absolutely HANDED the change to win this game to OSU. Great shot at the end of regulation by Lewis, but Oden's 5th foul was a blatant intentional foul. Should have been two shots for Xavier and the ball (I think that's the rule, correct me if I'm wrong).

Great play in overtime by OSU, especially without Oden, but Xavier got completely screwed.

Also totally unbelievable that Gerald Henderson gets suspended for a game for an inadvertant shot to the face whereas Greg Oden will probably go for 20/10 in the Sweet 16.

DukeBlood
03-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Why does X even let OSU take a 3 there? he released the 3 with under 3 seconds left...they should have fouled the guy bringing the ball up..

def a choke job. OSU had to hit the shots, but X should never have given them the chance

With Oden out that would of been the BEST thing to do.. He hits his first one then he just hopes he gets a good bounce (Which probably wouldnt of happened).. Xavier handed the game back.. and i am thankful for that :)

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Officials absolutely HANDED the change to win this game to OSU. Great shot at the end of regulation by Lewis, but Oden's 5th foul was a blatant intentional foul. Should have been two shots for Xavier and the ball (I think that's the rule, correct me if I'm wrong).

Great play in overtime by OSU, especially without Oden, but Xavier got completely screwed.

Also totally unbelievable that Gerald Henderson gets suspended for a game for an inadvertant shot to the face whereas Greg Oden will probably go for 20/10 in the Sweet 16.

Absolutely right on the rule. Certainly, an intentional foul, but as I noted on another post, I don't think there are any officials willing to put themselves on the line and make that call. NCAA officiating is unbelievably bad, bordering on completely incompetent.

True, if that had been McRoberts or another Duke player committing that intentional foul, a military tribunal would be underway.

jkidd31
03-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I jumped up when Oden did that crossing my arms (as did the Xavier bench) My point was if Shel had fouled a guy like that and JJ hit a 3 to send it to OT ESPN would be doing an Oustside the Lines on the Duke Gets all the calls conspiracy.

Bob Green
03-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought the foul could've been called as an intentional so OSU dodged a bullet. However, there was nothing dirty about the foul, Oden just shoved him to the floor. I haven't watched OSU much this season but they seem to play better with Oden on the bench.

I agree that Xavier should have fouled and put OSU on the line at the end of regulation. For some reason, Coaches do not like that strategy as much as fans.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

feldspar
03-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Throaty, I'm proposing a new Handy Reference entry.

Something to the effect of

"Man, if Duke had committed that egregious foul/violation, we would have been crucified in the press/by the refs/by opposing fans/by the NCAA."

Ralph-Wiggum
I agree that Xavier should have fouled and put OSU on the line at the end of regulation.

Especially with OSU's best rebounder on the bench.

Bluedog
I don't understand why more teams don't foul when up by 3. It seems like a seldom used strategy. I have seen so many occasions when a team ties it with a 3-pointer to send it in OT. I guess coaches don't want to foul because it gives the other team a chance to win it in regulation, but I have never seen this actually happen. Four things have to go right to send it into OT if you foul: 1.) Make the first shot, 2.) Miss the second shot, 3.) Get the rebound, 4.) Make a basket. It seems much less likely that those four things occur than just defending the three-pointer. I think our women should have fouled Maryland in the national championship game last year too, rather then letting them tie it up with a three at the buzzer. Can somebody explain to me why more teams don't foul? Seems like a percentage strategy to me.

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought the foul could've been called as an intentional so OSU dodged a bullet. However, there was nothing dirty about the foul, Oden just shoved him to the floor. I haven't watched OSU much this season but they seem to play better with Oden on the bench.

I agree that Xavier should have fouled and put OSU on the line at the end of regulation. For some reason, Coaches do not like that strategy as much as fans.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

I agree, wasn't dirty. Problem here (and a big reason why Oden draws fouls) is that his size and strength mean that when he pushes anyone at all, it looks really bad. He's a pretty even-tempered kid, perhaps to a fault, on the floor.

dukemsu

devildownunder
03-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I jumped up when Oden did that crossing my arms (as did the Xavier bench) My point was if Shel had fouled a guy like that and JJ hit a 3 to send it to OT ESPN would be doing an Oustside the Lines on the Duke Gets all the calls conspiracy.

That one is already in the works. Bob Ley came out of hiding to shoot it.