PDA

View Full Version : too bad florida lost to umass

hc5duke
04-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Florida lost to UMass (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap;_ylt=Am8Z58TtU8L._m_vkC2ioAHevbYF?gid=200804 010210) today, while Ohio St will advance (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap;_ylt=AuVFIggwhBcX8JdB6YifiS_evbYF?gid=200804 010443) to the title game. We could have had Florida-Ohio St. rematch for the NIT title... I mean what are the chances that is EVER going to happen again? :cool:

brevity
04-02-2008, 02:50 AM
True, but now we get to see how quickly Travis Ford's name gets attached to the coaching carousel, especially if UMass wins the NIT.

Marquette, California, LSU, Providence, Oklahoma State, San Francisco, Oregon State... and we're just getting started. Kind of an interesting time for those interested in the (often ugly) business side of sports.

Devilsfan
04-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Ohio State is my pick to win the NIT (not in tournament) competition.

Cameron
04-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I agree that Travis Ford's name will certainly be in the midst of things this off-season, but, as for the Oklahoma State job, I like Sean Miller to be a front-runner (if Bill Self decides against the bank).

The Cowboy basketball program/OSU, because of its rather substantial monetary backing, would have no problem with Miller's huge buyout clause at Xavier and is one hell of a coach. IMO, it would make sense for him to at least consider a Big XII position and for Oklahoma State to at least consider Miller, one of the top young coaches in America. Miller has said, however, that he is happy in Cincinnati and wants to continue to build the Musketeer basketball program into a national power. I guess we'll see. Millions often talk a big game, and usually win out, so we will certainly see.

I could see Ford getting some looks from Xavier if, in fact, Miller took the OSU job.

Obviously this is all one big hypothetical, but I could see it.

Cameron
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Scratch my Travis Ford idea...

It appears that Ford is now a possible choice to take over the LSU Tiger program, per the Kentucky boards.