PDA

View Full Version : At Duke, We Have the Best of the Best

DukeDevilDeb
03-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Interesting piece from Duke Sports Information on the NCAA All-Time Teams. As indicated below, CBS Sportsline chose a First Team and Second Team all time, and each team has a coach.

My thrill is that two of my favorite Duke players of all time are on the first team. Together, they lead the NCAA in scoring, assists, three-pointers, free throws made and attempted, and most wins. I can't think of two more deserving players... but my player question is, "Where's Grant?" :(

As to the coaches, if you look at the number of NCAA wins by the Coach of the First Team (47) versus the number of NCAA wins by the Coach of the Second Team (69), you will agree that someone goofed and put them in the wrong order. ;)

Here's a link the article (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1425042) and the introduction:

Three Blue Devils Named To All-Time NCAA Tournament Teams
03/31/2008 - Duke Sports Information

DURHAM, N.C. – Former Blue Devil greats Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley were named to the all-time NCAA Tournament first team by CBS Sportsline, while head coach Mike Krzyzewski was tabbed as the coach of the second team. UCLA had one player on the first team (Bill Walton), along with coach John Wooden, and a pair of players (Lew Alcindor, Gail Goodrich) on the second team. No other program had more than one player on the two six-player teams.

Karl Beem
03-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Hmmmm. No Grant Hill - played in 3 NCs.

Oops, didn't notice your comment.