PDA

View Full Version : Are there really no Cinderella’s?

Bluedawg
03-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Abby's take (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1424433)on the commercial:

The most obviously inspiring story to me is that of Stephen Curry and the other private school in North Carolina that is getting ready to play in a few hours. People deem teams like this the “Cinderella” of the tournament, but I don’t see how luck or fate alone can have a 10 seed beating a two and three seed, and perhaps a one seed by the end of the day. This kid had the King of Basketball himself on his feet, twice, in their win versus Wisconsin. He is averaging 27.5 points... in the second half alone! It’s stories like these that seemingly prove the Cinderella theory entirely wrong – it’s producing what you have been capable of all along at the right time and right place which leads to dancing in the Final Four, part three of which begins tonight!

Is Davidson living up to what they are "capable of" or are they just on a good run?

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
They are by past standards a cinderella. (double digit seed in the elite 8)

If Hibbert didn't pick up a few stupid fouls - there is a good chance they wouldn't still be in!

Did they have potential to play better than their seed? Of course.

No question they are a pleasent cindyrella

moonpie23
03-30-2008, 04:10 PM
as much as i would like to pull for davidson (as if ME pulling for either team makes one BIT of difference in the outcome of the game) I am afraid that their run will be over and carolina beats them by 40... :(

i think that KANSAS would have a better chance of beating unc....

pamtar
03-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I think Davidson wasn't fairly seeded in the first place. I thought they deserved to be somewhere around a seven.

So, no I dont think they are currently a cinderella. However, if they make it to the final game I'd say they would be.