PDA

View Full Version : UNC WBB v Louisville

sagegrouse
03-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Down 23-14 in the first half.

Is this a harbinger for the men's game today?

Do you think UNC has ever lost twice to the same team on the same day in NCAA Tournamant basketball? (Or has anyone ever had the men's team and the women's team face the same opponent on the same day in NCAA tourney hoops?)

sagegrouse
'Formerly known as Blue Grouse until the AOU abolished the species name in favor of (a) Dusky Grouse in my Rocky Mt. region and (b) Sooty Grouse in the Cascades and Pacific region. Dusky Grouse? Brother!! I have chosen the more elegant screen name of Sage Grouse, which is the king of the grouses -- although not yet present in the sage meadow in my front yard. And being unusually grousy myself, why not be the king?'

sagegrouse
03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Louisville is looking good!

sagegrouse
'Occasionally sage but always grousing'

DukePA
03-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Down 23-14 in the first half.

Is this a harbinger for the men's game today?

Do you think UNC has ever lost twice to the same team on the same day in NCAA Tournamant basketball? (Or has anyone ever had the men's team and the women's team face the same opponent on the same day in NCAA tourney hoops?)

sagegrouse
'Formerly known as Blue Grouse until the AOU abolished the species name in favor of (a) Dusky Grouse in my Rocky Mt. region and (b) Sooty Grouse in the Cascades and Pacific region. Dusky Grouse? Brother!! I have chosen the more elegant screen name of Sage Grouse, which is the king of the grouses -- although not yet present in the sage meadow in my front yard. And being unusually grousy myself, why not be the king?'

I was wondering the same thing. For the record, I have never been a bigger L'ville fan than I am today!! Go L'ville, kick some light blue arse this afternoon and this evening!!!

sandinmyshoes
03-29-2008, 01:56 PM
By now you would think people would realize it is a jinx to start a thread on a UNC game if they are losing. You either start the thread from the beginning, or you wait until it's over. :(

freedevil
03-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I hereby move that NO ONE start a thread about the UNC game tonight... at least after it has started.

_Gary
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I hereby move that NO ONE start a thread about the UNC game tonight... at least after it has started.

Thank you. Talk about tempting the dreaded sports gods. Ugh... I'm guessing we can probably count on not one, but two basketball championships being brought back to Chapel Hill in the next two weeks.

Karl Beem
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Strange - the runesticks indicated that UNC would lose.:rolleyes:

DukePA
03-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Agreed. Don't know what the hell I was thinking by responding to the first post. I'm going to do some chores I would usually never do on a Saturday in order to make the basketball gods and goddesses happy and to reverse the bad bball karma :o.