PDA

View Full Version : imagine

wiscodevil
03-16-2007, 09:23 PM
the outcry if that was duke instead of va tech - at the end of the va tech - illinois game.

the refs missed a huge one!

killerleft
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Va. Tech seemed to get virtually every call they could have hoped for. They can't complain, that's for sure.

Seth Greenbburg continues to impress.

tbyers11
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
What did y'all think of the intentional foul called on Deron Washington in the last couple minutes? I disagree with announcers. I thought it was an intentional trip on Washington's part. Seemed pretty clear to me and the ref who was standing right there.

I also agree that there would be a giant uproar if Duke got some of the calls that VTech got at the end. I doubt the blatant slap on the arm by Washington against Randle in the last 20 seconds will even be mentioned in the highlights.

Son of Jarhead
03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't think it was an intentional trip. Washington has a gangly gait and got his long legs & big feet out in front of himself, but I doubt he was trying to trip the guy. Besides, it was another Illini player who popped him in the mouth seconds earlier. Why trip a guy on purpose who hadn't done anything to you.

VT made a nice comeback, but they did catch a lucky break with that no call at the end. If that had been Duke catching that break, ESPN would be showing for the 10,000,000,000th time already, and some hack at cbs sportsline would be spewing venom our way about for a week.

I am happy to see the ACC doing alright, despite the 2 teams that tied for sixth in the league, us :-( & GT, losing in the first round... the top 5 league teams won. ... ... ... I do hope that unc stumbles against Mich St (GTHC!), but I want the other 4 to advance.

ChrisP
03-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Perhaps DW's reputation preceeds him a bit. Remember, he IS the guy who kicked Melch in the head up at VT last year. You stay classy, Deron!

I didn't think it was even a question of whether it was intentional, frankly. And I don't like Deron Washington at all (see if you can guess why).

Agree with what others have said about the calls going VT's way, too. I thought Notre Dame also got hosed on a couple calls - and more important, no calls - today in the Winthrop game. Did anyone see Ted Valentine come in WAY after the play and from WAY out of position to call a very, very questionable block on ND near the end of that game? It was really bad. Trust me.