PDA

View Full Version : Um, Kyle, Say What?

Cameron
03-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Video of Singler versus West Virginia:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Late...ster-Blog-7668

While it's certainly very funny, What in the world was he thinking? My goodness:)

Anybody else notice this?

(BTW, I apologize for the anti-Duke remarks at the bottom of the link. This was the only video link I had to show.)

hc5duke
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
it says "server busy". summary?

Rudy
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
That server has been busy for awhile. Any other source?

feeze11
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
if you go to faniq.com and click kyle singler on search it should bring it up. it shows him giving someone a titty twister and commentating on it

CameronBlue
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually it's pretty funny. Not sure if I want to link it but you can find it on YouTube.

Cameron
03-28-2008, 04:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/blog/ncaab_experts/post/While-Henderson-flops-Kyle-Singler-gives-out-a-?urn=ncaab,73656

Here is another link for those who couldn't see it.

Shammrog
03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
GOOD FOR KYLE!

We don't need to be a "dirty" team, but Earljam and I even discussed this - we take a lot more than we give of the little shoves, hip checks, etc. Our guys often take this stuff all too passively.

This kind of toughness (though the nipple twister, as far as specific techniques for retaliation, is kind of goofy) we need to respond!

Here, Kyle's teammate gets flattened, and Kyle gets even. I love him more every day. Time to restore some the Laettner, Hurley, Hill swagger!!!

wisteria
03-28-2008, 05:06 PM
all that I've seen so far is a video of really bad quality.
I really couldn't tell that Kyle was doing a tweaking thing. I couldn't even see his fingers. I wonder how people are so sure of it, unless of course Kyle or the other guy has admitted it, in which case, I don't find the tweaking thing funny at all. It's bad enough that we are getting all the rep for "flopping" and "cheapness". What's with all these antics? Save the energy for a few rebounds. I don't think this shows any toughness or "team" spirit.

Cameron
03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I would agree that nipple twisting does not equal toughness.

If we want to get tough, Aminu somebody. But, dear God, don't twist a person's nipple on national tv:D

It was funny, Kyle, but really? ;)

(After each viewing, I am even more enamored with how funny Kyle is:D He was must an absolute riot to hang out with! Oh yea, don't do it again.)

EarlJam
03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I would agree that nipple twisting does not equal toughness.

If we want to get tough, Aminu somebody. But, dear God, don't twist a person's nipple on national tv:D

It was funny, Kyle, but really? ;)

(After each viewing, I am even more enamored with how funny Kyle is:D He was must an absolute riot to hang out with! Oh yea, don't do it again.)

It wasn't so much a dirty manly rough-house thing as it was a, to me, Laettneresque "f-ing with the other players" type of thing. (not trying to get by the curse ban with that. That's just what it IS).

I like it. It's mischievious (devilish) and cunning at the same time. He's working to get inside their heads a little. He'll refine that and be a stud. He's going to be a very special player (stating the obvious).

-Mr. EarlJam

Duvall
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Look, does Kyle come down to where you work and tell you how to do your job? Sometimes nipples have to be twisted, and those of us watching at home don't need to ask why. This is Division I basketball - it ain't intramurals.

Cameron
03-28-2008, 06:57 PM
^^What are you talking about?

BlueintheFace
03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Look, does Kyle come down to where you work and tell you how to do your job? Sometimes nipples have to be twisted, and those of us watching at home don't need to ask why. This is Division I basketball - it ain't intramurals.

HAHAHAAH- I second that!

But really, if nobody told you Kyle was giving the old purple nurple, would you say that he was when watching that video? I've looked at it a few times and am still not so sure...

Channing
03-28-2008, 08:10 PM
unless I saw the clip wrong - the game was already decided and there were about 20 seconds left. In that case it does no good to mess with opponents. I think G getting leveled at the beginning of the video is definitely dirty, but Kyle giving a titty twister is just ridiculous

EarlJam
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Yes, yes, and YES! Excellent.

-Mr. EarlJam

EarlJam
03-28-2008, 09:00 PM
unless I saw the clip wrong - the game was already decided and there were about 20 seconds left. In that case it does no good to mess with opponents. I think G getting leveled at the beginning of the video is definitely dirty, but Kyle giving a titty twister is just ridiculous

I totally disagree. Well, I agree with you on G getting leveled and am surprised it took this long for someone to mention it. That video is not just about Kyle giving a "titty twister." No. It's about much more. First of all, after Henderson got leveled, it was KYLE that came over to help him up.

That "titty twister" Kyle gave was more of a message to say, "F with us we'll F with you." He was firing back at the opposition is a subtle, devilish way.

He may have known the game was decided, hence the subtle act (vs. something more severe). This was about more than the game's outcome. This was about "not messing with my guy." Wingman, all that.

Make no mistake. Kyle is ALL TEAM. And we are going to see again and again where he has his teammates backs over and over again. He's got "Captain" written all over him.

I love him.

Again, that video, along with other examples through the year shows that he's a team leader. Wait and see. He's going to be Duke's toughest player to come along in quite a while.

-Mr. EarlJam

captmojo
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
And I can hardly stand it, waiting for a rematch!

weezie
03-28-2008, 09:59 PM
"Seems to" "Looks like" "Appears to"
Feh, whatever...
I would like to know if cbs/espn has any footage of the 'holes that does NOT show Duke getting stuffed on our court. As if there are any other teams in the league?
For weeping out loud.

sandinmyshoes
03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Has it come to this? Our fans pleading for our players to engage in more titty twisting? :o

slower
03-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Has it come to this? Our fans pleading for our players to engage in more titty twisting? :o

Was anybody PLEADING for this?

I think many of us are tired of other teams trying to punk us. As in life/politics/whatever, turning the other cheek doesn't always amount to a hill of crap. Turn the other cheek in high-level basketball and you will just get the other cheek bloodied (ask Kyle about that).

To follow up on a previous post, Kyle already IS a stud. I realize that Paulus probably will be the captain next year, but I'd love for Kyle to be a co-captain. And I hope/think that Kyle will really assert himself next year. There were many occasions this year where he would actually push Paulus (or whoever) into the proper defensive spot. Loved it.

I WANT this team to have swagger. They showed more this year than last, and will hopefully build on it for next year. Kyle's got it. Taylor King has it. Nolan has some. Hmmm...the three freshman all have it - this bodes well for the future.

Anyway, there are many reasons why people already love Singler. And yeah, I'll bet he is an absolute riot to hang with. Check the Blue Planet videos for proof.

Fish80
03-29-2008, 10:02 AM
You can't really tell what he does from that video, but you have to look at it in context. G just got leveled. Other shenanigans were going on for 39+ minutes on the court. I'm on Kyle's side. This was not a Chris Paul punch in the jewels. It was I know what you did and I'm going to take care of my guys message.