PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new to the board

DukefanCindy
03-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the board and just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Having been reading the posts for a while here and decided to start posting myself. Just wondering if most people on the board went to duke or are fans of the team. I for one did not go to Duke but am a big Duke basketball fan. Anyway, hi all.

Madrasdukie
03-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the board.

I think you'd find people of both ilks, here, it's hard to say exactly what percentage of the posters are Duke grads. Occassionally, you'd find some Carolina fans posting as well and more rarely fans of other schools. Regardless, the vast majority of the posters are DUKE basketball fans.

willywoody
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
maybe we need a poll!

welcome to the boards.

Cameron
03-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Regardless, the vast majority of the posters are DUKE basketball fans.

That is exactly why it is refreshing to come over here and take a little break from Devils Den. Way too many parody posters and, to put it bluntly, jerks from other schools posting Duke bashing material over there. It gets mind numbing after awhile.

This is a great place to come, and with the new board system it is even better. Thanks to all who run this site.

Exiled_Devil
03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Cameron,

What is a 'parody poster'? I think I know what you mean, but at first glance I read 'paranoid posters' and that made sense, too.

Exiled

SharkD
03-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Lifetime Duke fan; GWU alum.

I was born and raised in Durham, went to my first game in Cameron in 1984 at the ripe old age of 5; my first real date was a game against Western Carolina, in Cameron; attended lots of ACC & NCAA tourney games, including the 1994 regional semis, regional finals, national semis and national championship (stayed on the team floor in Knoxville).

Attended The George Washington University for undergrad (Duke asked me to defer a year, I didn't want to wait), moved back to Durham, after 9 years in DC (to marry a Duke nurse). Deciding between Duke and UNC for grad school.

throatybeard
03-17-2007, 12:53 AM
A parody poster is [usually] a fan of an opposing program who assumes the persona of an unreasonable fan of the home team on a board, for the purpose of reflecting poorly on the program's fans.

dukemsu
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Lifelong Duke Fan, MSU Alum (undergrad), U of Mich grad (post-grad).

Despite being in the Midwest, got hooked on Duke BB with Johnny D and the 86 team (age 11) and have followed ever since. Have not yet made the pilgrimage to the Gothic Wonderland, but have made numerous road trips to see the Devils in action. Most notable in 91 for the Regionals in Pontiac-where I was five rows away screaming at the top of my lungs at a ref "He's bouncing Laettner's head off the floor" when the UConn player was indeed bouncing Laettner's head off the floor.

Welcome to the board.

dukemsu