PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Questions

Bluedawg
03-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I know the NCAA has very strict rules governing recruiting. Since this is a very learned group I'm hoping someone will be versed on them enough to help me here.

According to Rivals.com the men have two commitments and per Scout.com the women have one.

Are these signed contentments or verbal?
When is the signing deadline for 08 or has it passed?
Are these all we are getting or is there the possibility of more commitments down the road?

gw67
03-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't know if I would consider myself part of a "learned group" but my understanding is that both Williams and Czyz have signed LOIs so they will be at Duke next year. I believe that the spring signing period is mid-April but I doubt that the Devils will sign any more players for several reasons: (1) all the top players who meet Duke standards are signed; (2) the Devils already have 12 scholarship players for next year; and (3) the 2008 class is weak and the coaching staff is concentrating on the 2009 class which apparently is better and deeper.

gw67

Bluedawg
03-27-2008, 09:23 AM
I don't know if I would consider myself part of a "learned group" but my understanding is that both Williams and Czyz have signed LOIs so they will be at Duke next year. I believe that the spring signing period is mid-April but I doubt that the Devils will sign any more players for several reasons: (1) all the top players who meet Duke standards are signed; (2) the Devils already have 12 scholarship players for next year; and (3) the 2008 class is weak and the coaching staff is concentrating on the 2009 class which apparently is better and deeper.

gw67

What about the women? Are we looking a a 1-1 swap, lose one and bring one in?

MHTorringjan
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
What about the women? Are we looking a a 1-1 swap, lose one and bring one in?

Nope, according to hoopgurlz.com, the women are actually bringing in three recruits, Shay Selby, Katherine Scheer, and Chelsea Hopkins. I've stopped looking at Scout.com for the women's news, since the former staff of their women's scouting team broke off to form hoopgurlz. It has much more thorough coverage than scout.

All three of the recruits are guards, which should help with the shooting slump from this past year and Jasmine is plenty enough to replace Wanisha to give the incoming recruits time to mature. Then again, that's probably another thread. ;-)

Classof06
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Nope, according to hoopgurlz.com, the women are actually bringing in three recruits, Shay Selby, Katherine Scheer, and Chelsea Hopkins. I've stopped looking at Scout.com for the women's news, since the former staff of their women's scouting team broke off to form hoopgurlz. It has much more thorough coverage than scout.

All three of the recruits are guards, which should help with the shooting slump from this past year and Jasmine is plenty enough to replace Wanisha to give the incoming recruits time to mature. Then again, that's probably another thread. ;-)

Shay Selby is from Regina High School, a powerhouse all-girls school on the East side of Cleveland. I grew up right down the street from Regina. She signed during or after her junior year so she's been set on Duke for a while. From what I hear, she's the real deal.