PDA

View Full Version : E-Will

geraldsneighbor
03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Chances those tights are worn on opening night in November? And Brandon Jennings favorite movie is house party, so he has a flat top. Worst movie worst haircut ever, enjoy U of A.

wisteria
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Chances those tights are worn on opening night in November? And Brandon Jennings favorite movie is house party, so he has a flat top. Worst movie worst haircut ever, enjoy U of A.

haha, I thought Brandon Jennings' hair was superb~~~:D

weezie
03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey, E-Will is actually playing something that resembles defense. Not that any of the other players would recognize it.

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Brandon Jennings is an absolutely hilarious kid... I love the hair.

By the way... talk about Athleticism... HOLY CRAP E-Will is athletic. He needs some polishing, but that kid will certainly be able to get to the rack!!

geraldsneighbor
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Ellington and Hansbrough test the waters, and Lawson goes? I see all of them back, and with Lawson's injury I doubt he goes. By all means, they can go. If they all leave it'd be like Christmas morning at my house.

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 10:36 PM
NO WAY ELLINGTON GOES!!! He can't create his own shot and he has a slow release. He is a great player, but NO WAY. I really don't see Ty or Tyler leaving without a championship either...

MulletMan
03-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Ellington and Hansbrough test the waters, and Lawson goes? I see all of them back, and with Lawson's injury I doubt he goes. By all means, they can go. If they all leave it'd be like Christmas morning at my house.

Lawson's gone.

I think Ellington is leaning as well.

I think if Hansy has any inkling of playing int he League he needs to go after this year. He's not going to get anymore accolades than he is this year, and he sure as heck isn't getting any younger.

arnie
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Lawson's gone.

I think if Hansy has any inkling of playing int he League he needs to go after this year. He's not going to get anymore accolades than he is this year, and he sure as heck isn't getting any younger.

A title and they're all gone, just like 2005. Bet Lawson is gone anyway.

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
haha, I thought Brandon Jennings' hair was superb~~~:D

it would be great to have someone at duke that loves to have fun and have fun while playing bball... love the hair... and excited for e-will! finally someone that is quick and can slash...

SilkyJ
03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Lawson's gone.

Its definitely a stacked draft class from a Guards perspective, but not necessarily from a big men's perspective so might be the right time to bounce.

Its really amazing (to me) that a guy like him who has basically put up 20/10 for 3 straight years and is a consensus All-american is not really even in consideration for the lottery by most scouts...

SilkyJ
03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
finally someone that is quick and can slash...

nolan smith?

hopefully he STARTS next year (this will be a theme during the offseason for me...and others.)

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Zeller has the same body as Jon... only 7 foot tall. He's gonna get absolutely tossed around by some of the big men in the conference. Just think about Zeller trying to keep James Mays off the block...

Jumbo
03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
nolan smith?

hopefully he STARTS next year (this will be a theme during the offseason for me...and others.)

Not if you keep repeating yourself over and over ... ;)

geraldsneighbor
Lets not bash Greg, I love the kid and admire him for the abuse he takes. Hes grown so much since he got here. I think with his health and the fact I don't think him and Josh had any chemisty attributed to his poor sophomore season. This year, he was a much better player. Nolan's time will come and alot of that next season will be a 2 guard like he was in HS.

Jumbo
Zeller has the same body as Jon... only 7 foot tall. He's gonna get absolutely tossed around by some of the big men in the conference. Just think about Zeller trying to keep James Mays off the block...

It's a good thing for Zeller than Mays is a senior, then.

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
It's a good thing for Zeller than Mays is a senior, then.

Right you are Jumbo!

Just think about Zeller trying to keep Lawal off the block then... pick your big men if you will.

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 10:51 PM
nolan smith?

i would love to see e-will over smith... appears to be faster and a better slasher... prob a better shooter as well

wisteria
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
With that many big man, UNC may afford to just redshirt the zeller kid for a year and let him put on some weight.

talk about wanting to have a fun kid like Jennings in Duke...you just know that Jennings would never come to Duke if he wants to keep his hair. Haha, every of our player cuts hair upon arrival :D

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
With that many big man, UNC may afford to just redshirt the zeller kid for a year and let him put on some weight.

talk about wanting to have a fun kid like Jennings in Duke...you just know that Jennings would never come to Duke if he wants to keep his hair. Haha, every of our player cuts hair upon arrival :D

its true... but boy that would lighten things up and create a fun atmosphere...:)

wisteria
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
i would love to see e-will over smith... appears to be faster and a better slasher... prob a better shooter as well

now we are getting a bit over-excited, aren't we? :D

Jumbo
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM

Based on what? An all-star game? Geez, people, come on.
Three things:
1) Elliot Williams is not a point guard in any way, shape or form.
2) Nolan Smith has a year of college experience.
3) It is at least 90% likely that neither player will start, given the returning perimeter trio of Paulus, Scheyer and Henderson.

Jumbo
03-26-2008, 10:55 PM
its true... but boy that would lighten things up and create a fun atmosphere...:)

Cameron is not already a fun atmosphere? Duke doesn't already have kids who love to play and enjoy themselves on the court? Could've fooled me...

MulletMan
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM

I bet Nolan Smith would look pretty nasty against a bunch of 18 year old H.S. not interested in playing D.

Let's get Williams on campus and practicing before we annoint him the second coming of J-Will.

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 10:57 PM
I love it that E-Will is just looking for steals

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
now we are getting a bit over-excited, aren't we? :D

maybe... but i guess we'll find out come fall...:D

geraldsneighbor
03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
The holy last name in Duke basketball. Those jerseys normally make it to the rafters at Cameron.

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I bet Nolan Smith would look pretty nasty against a bunch of 18 year old H.S. not interested in playing D.

Let's get Williams on campus and practicing before we annoint him the second coming of J-Will.

who is anointing him the next j-will? there is not another j-will... j-will was j-will.... e-will is not j-will... hopefully e-will can be a fraction of what j-will was... i'll be happy with that...

JBDuke
03-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm enjoying Email's athleticism, and I love that he's actually playing some D.

Can you imagine the pressure that could be applied with a lineup of Nolan, Email, Jon, G, and Lance? Whooooooie.

Dukefan4Life
03-26-2008, 11:05 PM
I know its an All-Star game, but i sure hope E-mail plays harder on D than he is now.. he just stand around on D and doesnt look to grab any boards

Ignatius07
03-26-2008, 11:06 PM
I really doubt Elliot will be a better player than Nolan next year (not a knock on E-Will). Nolan is pretty athletic in his own right, and a better shooter it seems.

geraldsneighbor
03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Nolan's jumper to me seems very fundamentally sound. If he get open he knocks it down. Alot of that can probably be attributed to the fact his legs weren't as tired as Greg's at season's end.

Troublemaker
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I know its an All-Star game, but i sure hope E-mail plays harder on D than he is now.. he just stand around on D and doesnt look to grab any boards

That's like saying, "I know it's a funeral but I sure hope these people are more jolly than they are acting right now." All-Star games basically mean no defense.

Jumbo
03-26-2008, 11:14 PM

Oh. My. God. Read the first few words of your post ("I know its [sic] an All-Star game...). Yes! It is an All-Star game! How can you possibly judge his defense? ARGH!!!!

roywhite
03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
All-Star game disclaimers aside, I like what I'm seeing from E-Will. He can drive, he seems to have good tools to play defense, and he sounds like a nice young man. He'll be in the mix next year.

Bob Green
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Nolan's jumper to me seems very fundamentally sound. If he get open he knocks it down. Alot of that can probably be attributed to the fact his legs weren't as tired as Greg's at season's end.

I did not see anything that would lead me to conclude Greg Paulus had "tired legs" at the end of the season. However, Nolan Smith was playing on a hurt knee. I expect Nolan Smith and Elliot Williams to pack a powerful punch off the bench next year.

geraldsneighbor
03-26-2008, 11:18 PM
A buddy of mine met him in Tennessee before his Junior season. My friends played HS ball so they were chatting. He said the one thing he got from E-Will was how humble he was, and all he said was "I'm hoping to play college basketball." Talk about humble. I think he will be a great addition.

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Cameron is not already a fun atmosphere? Duke doesn't already have kids who love to play and enjoy themselves on the court? Could've fooled me...

ya that was very apparent this year... if you watched the wvu game, we went 0-15 from 3pointers at one time...as soon as the game was pretty much over, we hit 3 3pointers in a row... the pressure was off because we had already lost the game... that is what i am talking about when i say lighten things up... i didnt say anything about cameron not being a fun place...

BlueintheFace
03-26-2008, 11:25 PM

I think you mean "consistent" and not "fundamentally sound." His jumper is actually very ugly. His legs are pushed out well past shoulder length while his knees bow inwards. His elbow sticks out a bit which doesn't help his rotation, but you know what... I really don't care. So long as the ball goes in the hoop! Paulus actually has a much more consistent AND fundamentally sound shot, but they are both pretty darn good from behind the arc.

soccerstud2210
03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Based on what? An all-star game? Geez, people, come on.
Three things:
1) Elliot Williams is not a point guard in any way, shape or form.
2) Nolan Smith has a year of college experience.
3) It is at least 90% likely that neither player will start, given the returning perimeter trio of Paulus, Scheyer and Henderson.

ya you may be right, but let's see which one turns into a better college player...

Ignatius07
03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
A buddy of mine met him in Tennessee before his Junior season. My friends played HS ball so they were chatting. He said the one thing he got from E-Will was how humble he was, and all he said was "I'm hoping to play college basketball." Talk about humble. I think he will be a great addition.

I'm not saying he's not humble, but to put things in context, I don't think E-Will really exploded onto the recruiting scene until after his junior season. He really did (relatively) come out of nowhere. He was considered a good recruit, but not Duke caliber, and certainly not McD AA.

Dukefan4Life
03-26-2008, 11:35 PM
So i guess you guys didnt see anyone playing any D At all? seems to be he didnt play a lick of D, you can make all your little remarks but from what i saw he didnt try one bit to guard anyone! im sure his D is alot better than it showed tonight but from my first look, i was wanting to see more effort

yancem
03-26-2008, 11:50 PM

I don't know do you remember Grant and Thomas' haircuts in 1991? I couldn't find any pictures to link but here a youtube video of the NC game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7_uFQwW_I

Kilby
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
The thing I love about Nolan, and Williams may have it to, is that he is not afraid to push the ball down court with a purpose. They got speed, a handle and they are a threat to score. It creates opportunities. Maybe Greg can start to do it next year. I just hope to see more of it.

kydevil
03-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Right you are Jumbo!

Just think about Zeller trying to keep Lawal off the block then... pick your big men if you will.

How about big Z? :D

Jumbo
03-27-2008, 12:15 AM
ya that was very apparent this year... if you watched the wvu game, we went 0-15 from 3pointers at one time...as soon as the game was pretty much over, we hit 3 3pointers in a row... the pressure was off because we had already lost the game... that is what i am talking about when i say lighten things up... i didnt say anything about cameron not being a fun place...

I have no idea what you're talking about. Paging Mr. Bunny, Mr. Pancake Bunny...

Mike Corey
03-27-2008, 12:49 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

FireOgilvie
03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
E-Will finished with 10 points tonight. He had a really good drive to the basket through traffic.

Georgetown recruit Greg Monroe finished with 1 point and 6 rebounds.

OZ
03-27-2008, 12:54 AM

Yea, but if Singler had kept his hair he would not have hit the "wall." There is strength in hair... that's biblical.
Cutting hair... another example of poor coaching decisions.

northernduke
03-27-2008, 07:43 AM

Don't forget, Grant had the same hair back in the day. Only difference, it was the style back then. I'd like to see Zoubek grow a mustache for the start of next season...

BlueDevilJay
03-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Yeah he sounds like he will fit in nicely with the program doesn't he? I like to watch ANY college kid who has the skill but is humble enough to go with it. That was a lot of what I loved about JWill, he was amazing on the floor, yet just a normal guy off it. At least thats the impression I got from the one time I met him, and he treated me like an old friend. His is one of only two Duke jerseys that I own (His 22 and a white 33 jersey from when I went to camp at Duke)

calltheobvious
03-27-2008, 08:11 AM

Ah, the joys of drawing causal inferences from small samples.

yancem
03-27-2008, 08:17 AM
E-Will finished with 10 points tonight. He had a really good drive to the basket through traffic.

Georgetown recruit Greg Monroe finished with 1 point and 6 rebounds.

I know that you can't judge a player by 1 game and especially if the one game is an all star type game but I was not impressed with what I saw from Monroe last night. He didn't show much effort and got schooled a couple of times. I'm sure that he will o fine at G'town but if this had been the prom to pros years that would not have been a very good audition.

gw67
03-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I only watched a little over 1/2 the game but EWill looked like a nice player. Of those coming to the ACC next year, only Davis impressed me. Aminu, Singleton, Zellar, Drew, Shumpert and Landesburg did not impress. Of course it is an All Star game and many of these players, including EWill, may be better in a team setting. Of the bigs, the only player who caught my eye was Mullens. He can move, catch the ball and he goes hard to the basket. Monroe barely touched the ball. My overall assessment is that next year's freshmen class is very weak if these were the best players. Jennings and Holiday may be impact players but it is not obvious that the others will be.

gw67

AtlDuke72
03-27-2008, 08:46 AM
it would be great to have someone at duke that loves to have fun and have fun while playing bball... love the hair... and excited for e-will! finally someone that is quick and can slash...

I find this post to be somewhat (name a word that will not get be disciplined by the monitors). Apparently the claim is that our current players don't have fun. Where did you find the "fun meter" to make this statement? Also don't understnd the "finally someone . . ." comment. Can't slash? Nelson, Henderson, Smith . . No quickness? What team does this refer to? The team was 28-6 this year as I recall.

Carlos
03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
The holy last name in Duke basketball. Those jerseys normally make it to the rafters at Cameron.

Unless your first name is Weldon.

vango
03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Do not put much stock in these "display of talent' games but...

1) if this is the best of the best then I thought that this years class is perimeter heavy but not an overly strong class.

2) Williams looked good I thought. I felt he was about the only kid making an attempt to play a little respectible defense. He got a steal as I recall and despite some repeated camera vantage changes in the middle of action it appeared he tiped a couple of passes as well. I've seen 1 game + this one along with the stuff on YouTube and that doesn't allow a fan to get a good look but he appears athletic with good ability to slash. In everything I've seen he is a spot-up 3-point shooter who turns his body to the right to get off his left-handed shot. Not sure how that will affect his ability to hit a jumper while going to his left.

3) I felt Jennings has the most overall talent. He seemed to me to have a street ball talent and mentality. I'm not a fan of that and find it to be playing a bit out of control but it is entertaining. I'd guess he's a one and done but I'm sure AZ current point will have something to say about how much he plays.

4) All-Star games are perimeter games with no defense and a stage for running and open floor play but I was not impressed with Monroe in THIS game. Haven't seen him play before. He may be #1 for a reason and K wanted him so I'm sure he is really good but I didn't see much last night.... In fact, can't recall a past #1 player having as much an un-inspiring effort in this All-Star game as he did....

Anyhow, impressed with Williams and sounds like he is a great kid to have on your campus as well...

moonpie23
03-27-2008, 10:09 AM
"6-4 combo-guard Elliot Williams (Duke): Williams, when playing the point, likes to use his electrifying quickness to drive past opponents and get to the rim. Once in the paint, he will have to add strength and muscle as defenders easily knock him off his path in the paint. Williams also has to get a handle on his shot selection issues."

most of the MDAA games are very much like an all star game.....if jennnings tried half that stuff in a real game, he'd be on the bench.....he wikll be flashy and fun, for sure, but a couple turnovers in a big game and he will be toning it down...

I think i trust K and the staff to see what's really in a recruit, rather than one nationally televised MickyD's game...

Troublemaker
03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I find this post to be somewhat (name a word that will not get be disciplined by the monitors). Apparently the claim is that our current players don't have fun. Where did you find the "fun meter" to make this statement? Also don't understnd the "finally someone . . ." comment. Can't slash? Nelson, Henderson, Smith . . No quickness? What team does this refer to? The team was 28-6 this year as I recall.

To be fair, I do think there's something to the idea that Duke's doesn't have enough fun. Unlike the original poster, I don't think it has anything to do with our players' natural dispositions. I think there's just a ton of pressure when you play at Duke and many aspects of that pressure aren't experienced at other schools -- the constant hatred, the balancing of basketball and academics, etc etc. I think the pressure wears them down a bit. And you get situations like Demarcus where he ends up "trying too hard," as Coach K theorized, and not playing well at the end of the season (he also was perhaps ill).

I definitely think one way Duke can improve is to figure out a way for the players to have more fun. Stress kills. And stress can do weird things to you physically, not just mentally. The era of Duke injuries has coincided pretty well with the era of intense Duke hatred, for example. Obviously, correlation does not imply causation, and even I don't believe what I'm suggesting, but it's something to keep in mind. I remember last fall, Coach K wondered aloud why Duke used to hardly ever get injured and now we get injured all the time. This season alone -- Pocius' ankle out for the season, Zoubek broken foot twice, Henderson's wrist (will need surgery), Smith's hyperextended knee, and maybe some others I can't remember. I still lean towards bad luck, but maybe there's an actual cause.

Franzez
03-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Its definitely a stacked draft class from a Guards perspective, but not necessarily from a big men's perspective so might be the right time to bounce.

Its really amazing (to me) that a guy like him who has basically put up 20/10 for 3 straight years and is a consensus All-american is not really even in consideration for the lottery by most scouts...
Because he doesnt have the athleticism,defensive skills,and he makes his living on the free throw line.

If Hansbrough were to come out this year even after a NC,he wouldnt go higher than 25th.

I still dont know why he'd come out early when the 2009 Draft class featuring some players who decline this years draft and some of the McDonalds All Americans is being considered right now as the worst draft class of this decade.

When your only elite prospects who could potentially be in the draft are Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio its very likely the draft wont be good.

_Gary
03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
"6-4 combo-guard Elliot Williams (Duke): Williams, when playing the point, likes to use his electrifying quickness to drive past opponents and get to the rim. Once in the paint, he will have to add strength and muscle as defenders easily knock him off his path in the paint. Williams also has to get a handle on his shot selection issues."

With all due respect to ESPN (and everyone here knows how much I respect ESPN) I saw nothing in Elliot's game that indicates to me he can be a point guard. He's a 2 all the way, not a combo, from what I saw last night. All the usual caveat's apply because I admit that's the only in game action I've seen the kid play in, but still... I don't think he's anything close to a 1.

Gary

Rudy
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
most of the MDAA games are very much like an all star game.....if jennnings tried half that stuff in a real game, he'd be on the bench.....he wikll be flashy and fun, for sure, but a couple turnovers in a big game and he will be toning it down...

True about Jennings and the showboating, but that was sort of what that game is about. He said at the beginning he wanted to break the assist record for the game and that's what he was trying to do. Nevertheless, his speed and ball handling and court vision all were quite good and he was the only player in the whole game to impress me. I did only watch the first half all the way through. I started to get bored and only watched the second half sporadically.

If Jennings plays within a system and doesn't try crazy stuff all the time he will be a terrific player AND fun to watch. He said he wanted Arizona because of its history of producing point guards. Didn't Bibby and Arenas come out of there?

gw67
03-27-2008, 10:43 AM
There are loads of terrific college players who are not great in the 24-second game for all sorts of reasons. Hansbrough is an outstanding college player no matter how many times the posters on this board put him down. I personally could care less about his draft status. If he desides to go after this year, it might be in his interest to be selected late in the first round and wind up on a good team. If he returns next year, he has the opportunity to be the only player in ACC history to be a unanimous 1st selection for four years.

gw67

Franzez
03-27-2008, 10:49 AM
There are loads of terrific college players who are not great in the 24-second game for all sorts of reasons. Hansbrough is an outstanding college player no matter how many times the posters on this board put him down. I personally could care less about his draft status. If he desides to go after this year, it might be in his interest to be selected late in the first round and wind up on a good team. If he returns next year, he has the opportunity to be the only player in ACC history to be a unanimous 1st selection for four years.

gw67
Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries.

However he has a chance to become UNC's All-Time leading scorer and its safe to say if he wins a NC he'll possibly be regarded as the greatest Tar Heel of All Time.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-27-2008, 11:02 AM

gw67

A good friend who's a big Ram's Club member said that the word among members of the education foundation is that if the team wins a national championship, Tyler will leave for the NBA. We'll know in a few weeks, won't we?

CenOhioDukeFan
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
You guys ragging on Jennings haircut apparently don't remember Brian Davis's and Grant Hill's 'do's their freshman year at Duke!! :)

JBDuke
03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
You guys ragging on Jennings haircut apparently don't remember Brian Davis's and Grant Hill's 'do's their freshman year at Duke!! :)

Back then, that haircut was in style. Today, it's an anachronism.

Teton Jack
03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
I've been watching All-Star games since the 1980's both regionally and nationally and I can't remember a duller game in all those years. The game was so boring, for the first time ever, I turned it off to watch the news. That's a sad commentary.

The talent level this year did not seem nearly as high as in the past. This class is filled with baby-faced prospects in desperate need of hitting the weights, not the rippled studs of the past. My wife, who was watching the game with me, noticed it too. Looking at their games, left much to be desired.

Teton Jack

Jumbo
03-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries.

Wrong again. He and Humphries are quite different players. There are various schools of thought on Hansbrough around the league. I hope that everyone realizes Franzez is basically making stuff up.

wisteria
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Have you watched 'the shot' recently? That was almost the same hair that GHill had. In 1991.

Edit: um, yeah... I posted before reading the rest of the thread.

:D A lot of people talked about the GHill hair. But I think it's also plain obvious, as Jumbo and others have pointed out, the hair cut was in style back then. The whole point is that at that time, GHill wouldn't attract much additional attention because of his hair. Just like Kyle's current hair style won't stand out as opposed to his previous saggy long hair.

Mike Corey
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
:D A lot of people talked about the GHill hair. But I think it's also plain obvious, as Jumbo and others have pointed out, the hair cut was in style back then. The whole point is that at that time, GHill wouldn't attract much additional attention because of his hair. Just like Kyle's current hair style won't stand out as opposed to his previous saggy long hair.

You guys are crazy.

That haircut never went out of style.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f2/Kid_n_play.jpg

Exiled_Devil
03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Does Czyz get to play in the international all star game? Or does he count as American because he played here for high school? I would love to see him in action other than youtube highlights.

Exiled

wolfpackdevil
03-27-2008, 03:05 PM

If he scores 35 ppg, and 12 apg and can dish out 5 assists in 5 minutes of a high school all-star game, he can wear his hair any way he wants

gotham devil
03-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Does Czyz get to play in the international all star game? Or does he count as American because he played here for high school? I would love to see him in action other than youtube highlights.

Exiled

Pocious, our tenth or eleventh man, played on the International team and played at Holderness, a boarding school in NH. It's a shame that Czyz couldn't make the team.

WeepingThomasHill
03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Franzenz wrote:

"Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries."

I guess you don't watch much basketball. I hate Hansbrough, but he is a great, great player. Don't you wish he played for us, and McBob had gone to UNC? He is going to have a very good NBA career. Hump will be out of the league soon. Folks said Boozer was undersized and would not able to score. I think Hansbrough will have similar success.

Blueequalslife23
03-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Zeller is a light weight. I believe Zoubek's weight gain will make him be able to completely dominate Zeller.

Devilsfan
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
On another front:

I was really impressed with UCLA bound Holiday. I believe he stoled the ball twice from all-american guards for easy transition dunks.

Saratoga2
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I watched more than half the game before the hour got too late. Elliot is very athletic, he is long and he has good overall skills. He will fit right into the Duke playing style and will be a solid contributor in the 2008/2009 season.With the six guards the team has, we will be able to pressure the ball with fresh players and all should get at least some playing time.

Clearly those with experience and proven capability will start and get the most PT, however we are fortunate to have several guys who can some in an do a good job for us. makes us less prone to injuries and possibly can be subbed in when someone is ill or is having a subpar game.

I liked what I saw with this kid and hope he will be a star for us in years to come.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Franzenz wrote:

"Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries."

I guess you don't watch much basketball. I hate Hansbrough, but he is a great, great player. Don't you wish he played for us, and McBob had gone to UNC? He is going to have a very good NBA career. Hump will be out of the league soon. Folks said Boozer was undersized and would not able to score. I think Hansbrough will have similar success.

I thought Hump had started to come along this year a little? Agreed Hansborough and Humpries are 2 completely different players.

Disagree with the fact that Hansbrough will be close to the player Boozer is. Boozer can play above the rim and might be the most amadextrious player in the NBA (which is why he is so extremely hard to guard).

Hansbrough might be good but I doubt he is all star material - but then again we won't know till he's in the league for 2-3 years.

blazindw
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
You guys are crazy.

That haircut never went out of style.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f2/Kid_n_play.jpg

I think the reason he has the flat top is because his favorite movie is "House Party", starring, of course, Kid N' Play.

WeepingThomasHill
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
FBB, I think Hansbrough will fare well in the NBA. He already has a pro body and can handle the contact. He has the ability to get off a variety of shots around the rim, in traffic, from different angles - almost like a more clumsy version of Jamison when he played at Carolina. He also has a nice 15 foot jumper. Will he be a 20 and 10 guy like Boozer? I don't know, but I he will be better than Hump and will be an asset to whatever team picks him, particularly if he goes late first round and falls to a team that is already decent, as opposed to completely rebuilding.

Also, go West Ham!

Classof06
03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I must say, I loved Jennings' haircut. The "circa 1991" do was in full effect last night. When I cut the TV on for the game, I couldn't believe it. That made my day, haha

As far as Hansbrough goes, I think he'll be a very serviceable (sp?) NBA player who will be able to come off the bench and give quality minutes. He may even start for a team or two in his career. But I just don't see him being any better than a bit above average. I just don't. I think he'll have a long career, make tons of money and, judging by where he might get drafted, play for some really good teams. But he won't be what he is in college.

geraldsneighbor
03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Really seemed to be the guys who hit the wall near the end. Demarcus I think was sick though. Kyle's a freshman, it happens.

mgtr
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Since I am an old codger, I taped the game and watched it today. First, Williams is the obvious choice for Duke. There were some players who put up great numbers, but I didn't see them as likely candidates for Duke. Monroe, who we lost, didn't show much at all. Other players were all about show-boating and/or ball-hogging -- not at all for Duke. In other words, I didn't see that we missed out on much at all.

geraldsneighbor
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I read today that last years top 5 would be ahead of Jennings this year. But, yes I think Williams has great upside. I loved the comparison I saw to a "left-handed Henderson."

Ignatius07
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I read today that last years top 5 would be ahead of Jennings this year. But, yes I think Williams has great upside. I loved the comparison I saw to a "left-handed Henderson."

I got excited when I saw that, but based on the limited amount I've seen E-Will play, he doesn't love the pull-up as much as Gerald does. I would venture to say the E-Will is also significantly quicker with the ball, but obviously Gerald is much stronger and probably a better leaper.

That said, I am sure Gerald will spend much of the summer devoted to ball-handling - I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge improvement there for him. With that and continued improvement in his shooting, he could prove to be quite un-guardable next year.

geraldsneighbor
03-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Call me nuts but doesn't G shoot better with the wrist guard? Free Throws improved for sure.

Acymetric
03-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Call me nuts but doesn't G shoot better with the wrist guard? Free Throws improved for sure.

I'm personally hoping he just makes it part of his standard attire for the remainder of his career. Sort of a good luck charm.

sundown
03-28-2008, 12:07 AM

Brandon Jennings' haircut is one of the best things in the history of basketball. Don't be silly.

Ignatius07
03-28-2008, 12:11 AM

You're nuts. At least, in theory. Yes, he did show FTs a lot better with his wrist guard, but he all but abandoned his mid-range game. So perhaps there's not enough data to say that his shooting was worse, I just assumed it was because he seemed less confident in it.

crote
03-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Brandon Jennings' haircut is one of the best things in the history of basketball. Don't be silly.

This is true.

Also, whoever said Big Z needs to sport a 'stache next year is on point. If that won't bump his game up a notch or two, nothing will.

kramerbr
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Didn't see this link posted, but it is highlights of Elliot during the McDonalds AA game week events. This guy can fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfl0N9z6Dg&feature=user

mr. synellinden
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Wow - thanks for posting that. I knew he was considered a great leaper but I didn't realize he was that good. From the video he seems to get up as high as Henderson - the top of his head is pretty close to the rim.

This just adds to the excitement of the Plumlee commitment and makes next year look even brighter.