PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson

wisteria
03-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, where was Steve Johnson this whole season?

Not that I don't like Jordan. I mean...He's the brother of the legendary Patrick... But we never saw Steve play even in the biggest blow out. IIRC, Steve seems to be quite tall. (Not that I'm implying we can solve our big man problem with Steve.) Jim Sumner mentioned once that K was trying to get a red-shirt for Steve, but we never heard anything else on this issue. What is going on?

Maybe we can start a Steve Johnson thread. You know, off season and all...Keep ourselves entertained.

wisteria
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
ha...just realized that I have "Jason Williams" under my name now. Great!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, where was Steve Johnson this whole season?

Not that I don't like Jordan. I mean...He's the brother of the legendary Patrick... But we never saw Steve play even in the biggest blow out. IIRC, Steve seems to be quite tall. (Not that I'm implying we can solve our big man problem with Steve.) Jim Sumner mentioned once that K was trying to get a red-shirt for Steve, but we never heard anything else on this issue. What is going on?

Maybe we can start a Steve Johnson thread. You know, off season and all...Keep ourselves entertained.

Our next "big Johnson" red shirted this year. That's why he never played. The coaches think he can actually contribute down the road. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise. Would certainly silence some critics, wouldn't it!

Cicero
03-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I thought he had a decent block/foul on Hanstravel last year, at least until G lowered the boom. Any help he can offer next year would be great!

wisteria
03-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Our next "big Johnson" red shirted this year. That's why he never played. The coaches think he can actually contribute down the road. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise. Would certainly silence some critics, wouldn't it!

Steve was on another athletic scholarship before he became walk-on, right? high jump, is it?

shadowfax336
03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
thats correct, he was a state high jump champion in HS.

hughgs
03-26-2008, 07:44 AM
thats correct, he was a state high jump champion in HS.

The chances that he has more than a partial scholarship for the track and field team are small. The entire team doesn't give a lot of scholarships in general and the men in particular are probably given less than the what is allowed by the NCAA.