PDA

View Full Version : Coach K to Providence...

199716March
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Fellas, for a good guffaw or two, from the Providence College Friars board:

http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=26332&sid=2eec33ff6483f366428c629b4c637c97

(http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=26332&sid=2eec33ff6483f366428c629b4c637c97)

Devilsfan
03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
He might of had his agent contact them for Dawkins, Wojo, and/or Collins. Isn't that the school that Amaker went to out of his internship (asssist. coaching pos.) at Duke?

wisteria
03-25-2008, 10:28 PM
He might of had his agent contact them for Dawkins, Wojo, and/or Collins. Isn't that the school that Amaker went to out of his internship (asssist. coaching pos.) at Duke?

good thinking. I like that.

Mike Corey
03-25-2008, 10:43 PM

Nope. Coach K is gone. Shammgod made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

weezie
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Those bigeast boards are hilarious. Thank goodness we've got Duke to talk about over here.

Channing
03-25-2008, 11:06 PM

I think that was Seton Hall

Capn Poptart
03-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, I wouldn't believe it, except that it says Coach K now believes that the Big East is the most "dynamic conference in the nation." So now I'm starting to think there may be something to it.

K: "Mickie, I've been thinking."
Mickie: "Yes, Mike?"
K: "We've had a good run here. All the championships and what not. But you know, that Big East is so...dynamic. It just might be the most dynamic conference in the nation."
Mickie" "Mike, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
K: "Call the mover. I wants me some of that dynamism!"

shadowfax336
03-26-2008, 12:21 AM
hmm, I'm trying to figure out whether the guy who mentions RW is sarcastic or just very very very delusional. I hear that Ben Howland, Billy Gillespie, and Bill Self are looking at the job as well

Cameron
03-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Well, I wouldn't believe it, except that it says Coach K now believes that the Big East is the most "dynamic conference in the nation." So now I'm starting to think there may be something to it.

K: "We've had a good run here. All the championships and what not. But you know, that Big East is so...dynamic. It just might be the most dynamic conference in the nation."

Hahahaha that and the God Shammgod reference above are hilarious. What in the world are those fans on? Goodness.

Yeah, why not move away from one of college basketball's Super Six hoops schools to go coach at a college that is best known for a player almost named Jesus...

Lavabe
03-26-2008, 04:28 AM
Nice initial attempt at an avatar, Cameron. ;)

This report/rumor-monger sounds like the perfect setup for April Fool's Day.:D Sounds like they want to monger about Martelli more than K.

It did, however, get me wondering ... what's up with David Henderson these days?

Cheers,
Lavabe

Exiled_Devil
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
He's Polish...
He's Catholic...
Diocese of Providence has many Polish parishes...
It's clear! Coach K is going to PC!

Someoen said it best in there - he's not not only bigger than the program [at PC], he's bigger than the state.

As a Rhode Islander who grew up in one of those Polish parishes and shares a church with K right now, I don't see the cultural allure attracting him any more than the dynamism of the Big East (can we talk about what a farce of a conference that is, too?)

Bluedawg
03-26-2008, 12:52 PM

That was funnier than The Onion making fun of Hansbrough.

Shammrog
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Hahahaha that and the God Shammgod reference above are hilarious. What in the world are those fans on? Goodness.

Yeah, why not move away from one of college basketball's Super Six hoops schools to go coach at a college that is best known for a player almost named Jesus...

HEY! DON'T MAKE FUN OF HE-WHO-INSPIRED-MY-DBR-NAME!!!