PDA

View Full Version : Tech vs. UNLV

JasonEvans
03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech was getting their bahookey whupped up until a minute or two ago. They had some possession where they scored like 6 points on old-fashion 3-point-plyas where they kept getting the rebound. They were down 14 or so but have cut it to 5 right now with time almost done in the first half.

They are at least making it a game. If they lose this one, my bracket is not in good shape.

-Jason "go ACC!" Evans

JasonEvans
03-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, UVA is just taking Albany to the woodshed. Whew!! It is uuuugly.

They always say guard play is what wins in the Big Dance. UVA certainly has guards.

-Jason "Tech now down 3-- good game!" Evans

feldspar
03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, UVA is just taking Albany to the woodshed. Whew!! It is uuuugly.

They always say guard play is what wins in the Big Dance. UVA certainly has guards.

JR Reynods started out the game completely unconscious. 7-for-7 at one point in the first half. I think he has 26 or so points now. If they keep this up, they're going to be tough to beat.

P.S. I've got UNLV beating Wisconsin in my bracket, so I'm sadly rooting against the ACC in that one.

feldspar
03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Great game. Tech just not getting it done, though. UNLV had three straight offensive rebounds to take a 2-point lead.

One minute left!

Now Ga Tech gets called for a 5-second violation.

Cameron
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Very disappointed with Tech's performace. I really thought they'd give the ACC a deep run in the Midwest. However, I should have known with their great unpredictability not to expect too much.

If Texas can hold off Carolina (and who's to say Tom Izzo won't having something to say about it on Sunday), the ACC could be looking at a very, very sad tournament run. Because I think Boston College, Virginia, Va Tech will be all gone by the end of the weekend. Maryland has the best chance at getting out other than Carolina, but, if Butler is hot from three, it will be all she wrote for the Terps. If Virginia is the only team that advances, that is fine by me, though. I want all the others to go down in flames.

feldspar
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Very disappointed with Tech's performace. I really thought they'd give the ACC a deep run in the Midwest. However, I should have known with their great unpredictability not to expect too much.

Haven't watched the whole game, but their defensive rebounding in the last two minutes have been absolutely atrocious. UNLV misses on a layup attempt, and GaTech gives up the rebound, only to foul the UNLV player and give them a 4-point lead on the FTs.

Atlanta Duke
03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech was just as big a disappointment as Duke this season.

A cursory online search for preseason top 25s came up with this from Rivals.com

13. Georgia Tech Video preview 11-17
No team is expecting a bigger turnaround than the Jackets, who have added a pair of top-10 prospects. Explosive point guard Javaris Crittenton should be a great fit for an experienced team. Scoring weapons include shooing guards Anthony Morrow and Lewis Clinch and power forward Jeremis Smith. Versatile forward Thaddeus Young will provide immediate help on the defensive end, where he can guard several positions.

14. Duke Video preview 32-4
The post-Reddick/Williams era has begun in Krzyzewskiville. While a drop-off is certainly expected, the Blue Devils still have the talent to reach a 10th consecutive Sweet 16. They reeled in the nation's No. 5 recruiting class, led by guard Gerald Henderson - who could be the most athletic player in the program since Corey Maggette. Still, sophomores Greg Paulus - who underwent surgery for a broken foot this week - and Josh McRoberts are the biggest keys. Paulus must get healthy by the time ACC play starts and both he and McRoberts need to have breakthrough seasons.

K is taking some not unjustified heat for the Devils' collapase down the stretch.
With the 2004 trip to the NC growing ever smaller in Tech's rearview mirror I think Hewitt is going to start feeling the pressure given this one and done performance.