PDA

View Full Version : What team are you rooting for now?

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm loving Davidson... hopefully they can pull it out over Gtown baby! Currey is still tearing it up. Did anyone just see what he did to Gtown around the 3:50 mark? Amazing.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Then a 3 ball in the eye! he's my poy.

Chard
03-23-2008, 05:02 PM
It was the Canes but now Davidson has my attention.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-23-2008, 05:05 PM
it will be a sad day indeed if Davidson can't close this one out.

BCGroup
03-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Congrats to Davidson!!

jmb
03-23-2008, 05:10 PM
i'd like to see curry and darren collison going one-on-one to decide a tournament game. talk about a couple ballers

Kdogg
03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
When Duke's not playing it's always ABC.

Edouble
03-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I like UCLA, they've been knocking on the door the last few years and generally play tough basketball. I like Texas, as I have always liked Rick Barnes. I also love Louisville, as I think Pitino is among the best three or four coaches in the country and really revolutionized the use of the three point shot back in the mid-90s.

dukegirl
03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
ABC, but mostly Davidson, my 2nd fave team from the beginning.

Ben63
03-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm rooting for Texas because I picked them to win it all. But I think Davidson has a decent shot at beating Wisconsin but would get slaughtered by Kansas. But a regional Final for Davidson would be unbelievable.

DukePA
03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Davidson and ABC for me!!

ForeverBlowingBubbles
I have Kansas winning it all. However, I have no emotional investment in them.

prefan21
Kansas, UCLA, Davidson

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
ABC ABC, always ABC. 9f and so forth. After that I hope that the other major powers (UCLA, IU, Kentucky) don't win since that affects the long-term "rankings" of the all-time greats. After that, I'd love to see Davidson, Kansas (to stick it to Ol' Roy), or a team we played (esp. an ACC team) win it all.

Indoor66
03-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Kansas, UCLA, Davidson

Definitely Davidson, Kansas - ehhhh - OK, UCLA - NEVER. Who can forget 1964?

GO DAVIDSON

DukieInKansas
03-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Since every team I rooted for yesterday, no matter what sport, lost, I am rooting for UNC & Memphis right now.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I was guessing some of you would be Arkansas fans at the moment. It's almost looking futile already though.

Lavabe
03-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not rooting for anyone. I only root for Duke.

As such, Caro-whinea can go to Hell. North Carolina stadium ushers can go there as well. And apparently the same goes for Western Kentucky!:eek:

9F!!

It's BASEBALL season!
Atlanta Cheers (for a little bit longer),
Lavabe

merry
03-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Well I WAS going to root for Georgetown the next two weekends but Davidson put an end to that thought. I'll root for them from here on out, but my guess is Kansas takes it all.

Summie444
03-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Davidson and Western Kentucky.

Troublemaker
03-23-2008, 06:13 PM
The favorites until UNC loses. I'll root for Davidson over Wiscy, though.

VaDukie
03-23-2008, 07:27 PM
1. ABC
2. Davidson
3. Kansas: generally classy teams and fans that haven't won in awhile. Also would be sweet for them because this is the first completely Roy-free team.

_Gary
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
1. ABC
2. Davidson
3. Kansas: generally classy teams and fans that haven't won in awhile. Also would be sweet for them because this is the first completely Roy-free team.

I concur. That's my order too.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Never any doubt in anyone's mind, was there?

I'll be rooting for Davidson, but not getting emotionally attached to them.

carolina has looked devastating in their two games so far - gotta give them their due, they've earned it. Hopefully, they've shot their wad THIS weekend and will be flat and lethargic next weekend, whether they play one or two games more.

DukieGator
03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
It's a shame Wisconsin and Davidson have to play each other in the Sweet Sixteen, because I like both of these programs. Curry is an absolute stud playing with a serious chip on his shoulder for not getting any love from the college powerhouses during his recruitment. Check out his scout profile here: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1159193 The only schools to give him serious consideration were Davidson, VCU and VaTech. A great story.

Bo Ryan reminds me a lot of Coach K. Wisconsin plays with class and hard-nosed defense. And Ryan's players consistently graduate from a school that is no slouch academically. A well-run program that consistently wins the right way.

_Gary
03-23-2008, 07:46 PM
In all honesty, I can't remember anything in recent memory that compares to the outrageous advantage UNC has been given by playing four games in North Carolina. I believe Tennessee or Louisville could have at least given them a game on a neutral court - but not in Charlotte. And not that the Heels need that added advantage, because they are good enough without it. I just hate seeing them get such a lopsided luxury. Again, I can't ever remember such an insane home-court like advantage in many, many years.

Gary

throatybeard
03-23-2008, 07:53 PM
What team are you rooting for now?

The Duke Blue Devils.

(WBB)

ArkieDukie
03-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm an ABC-er, but I'd really like to see Davidson go a bit farther. Everyone around here laughed at me when I told them I had picked Davidson for the Sweet 16, but they're not laughing now. :)

I've caught lots of smack talk because of Duke's exit, but I respond with the statement that I've got 15 teams left in the tournament!

Dukeford
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Really? What if UNC ended up playing WVU?

Would you really root for WVU?
Especially after they showed their a** with post-game comments yesterday?
Like....."Duke would just be a middle of the pack team in the Big East"??

prefan21
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Yep. Pretty sure.

wisteria
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Abc.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Really? What if UNC ended up playing WVU?

Would you really root for WVU?
Especially after they showed their a** with post-game comments yesterday?
Like....."Duke would just be a middle of the pack team in the Big East"??

100% certain. In 5 years Thuggins will be somewhere else and WVu will be in the NIT. Duke-UNC is forever. In anticipation of the big summer movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/), I'll paraphrase: "Indiana, WVu is simply passing through history. Duke-UNC, this *is* history.:D

alaskan assassin
03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm abc unless the play WV bacause of there post game comments. But I'm pulling for Davidson. They might make the Final Four, although I really dout it. But George Mason did so why not Davidson. It looks like our women our doing pretty good in there first round game.

Dukeford
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not talking about 5 years from now, I'm talking about the next 2 weeks.

Did you not see that jerk-off scream at the shooter whenever he blocked a shoot? Think he would have screamed at Shelden Williams like that?

Too bad McRoberts wasn't playing, him and Alexander could have screamed at each other..........

mgtr
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
I want to see Davidson continue for a while, because I like Curry (since we played them 18 months ago). I like WKU, because, I suppose, I always have liked the Hilltoppers (singers from the past). I want to see UNC play Memphis (I don't care who wins, just want to see the game). Ultimately, as many have said, I would put my money down on Kansas to win.

HK Dukie
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Within a round or two of potential matchup with Carolina I cheer for favorites (to make it harder). Outside of that I pull for underdog unless a favorite is pretty classy.

kinghoops
03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
100% certain. In 5 years Thuggins will be somewhere else and WVu will be in the NIT. Duke-UNC is forever. In anticipation of the big summer movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/), I'll paraphrase: "Indiana, WVu is simply passing through history. Duke-UNC, this *is* history.:D

100 percent agreed!!! would never, never, ever pull for carolina, under no condition!!!!!

killerleft
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
A buddy of mine who would have given me heck tomorrow will be awfully quiet because of Davidson. He's a Big East man in general, and a Georgetown man in particular.

Friday he was mouthing off about how Stephan Curry wouldn't be able to score ten points against the Hoyas. He did say that Curry might score a few at the end of the game once Gtown had put the scrubs in.

Thank you, Davidson! May the Force be with you!

Devilsfan
03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
That's easy. Davidson and the winner of Louisville and Tennessee. I hope Wash St. is the last of our "friends" gimmies.

rsvman
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Not sure Washington State is such a gimmie; they looked pretty tough in their second-round game. Doesn't anybody remember how many close calls the TarHeels have had this year?

I don't think Wash St. will be Arkansas. The Arkansas game was over before the players took off their warm-ups.

camion
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I was in the gym the last time, before Friday, that Davidson won an NCAA tournament game and it's been a while. So, yeah, they're high on my list.

I continue to be amazed by Curry. He looks like a little kid out there, but he's quick, smooth, smart and just fun to root for.

Tappan Zee Devil
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, first is obviously ABC (and you gotta root for Davidson)

but then it is Stanford - for completely personal reasons
They have a kid, Taj Finger, who has the same role that Lance Thomas does at Duke - play tough defense, rebound and get put-backs (although Taj does does it a little better - but then he is a senior). He is from Westchester County and his stepmother is a colleague of my wife - and Taj is really good kid. So I have been a closet Stanford fan all year - which is helped by the fact that the New York Fox Sports channel carries a lot of late night PAC-10 games

Jim

gofurman
03-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I have Kansas winning it all. However, I have no emotional investment in them.

Kansas would be a lot better than carolina - please someone stop them. This is a Carolina team lucky to hold off Clemson and V Tech (both v goo teams but not champion cliber)in their last few games and now they look likke world beaters... Please someone take them out

gofurman
03-23-2008, 11:14 PM
1. ABC
2. Davidson

Nice - now that you put it that way I agree. A roy-free kansas team winning would be awesome.

I am torn as I love udogs but need great teams to stay to knock off Carolina. Unless they lose I want whoever is the toughest matchup for them

dukemsu
03-23-2008, 11:33 PM
As my posting name would suggest, I'm rooting for Michigan State.

On the ABC front: the list of teams we have to root for in this category is long and distinguished. Their likely gauntlet is as follows:

1. Washington State
2. Louisville or Tennessee

(I agree that Carolina playing regional finals in Charlotte an outrageous home court advantage. That is the biggest reason they won't be Louisville in my opinion).

3. Kansas (most likely, Wisconsin is possibility. Davidson as well but I don't see how that run makes it through another weekend)

4. UCLA or Memphis/Texas/Stanford. (As much as I'd love to put the Spartans in here, they don't have the personnel to upend Memphis)

Yeesh. That is a tall order. If the Holes are to win the title, they will have to really earn it.

KandG
03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
1. ABC
2. Davidson

Not too different from my list:

1) ABC
2) ABC
3) ABC
4) ABC
5) Davidson

Honorable mention: Kansas, UCLA, Memphis, Texas

jkidd31
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
1. Xavier-I live in the Nati, it would be insane if they won
2. ABC
3. Davidson
4. Louisville-Becuase you have to love Ricky P and the Armani Suit. Plus it would pi$$ all the UK fans off aroud here.
5. MSU-For some reason I've always liked Izzo

BlueintheFace
03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Now that the UConnvicts are gone and Calhoun can't get #3 I'm okay with almost anybody winning so long as it isn't Carolina. I'd be happy to see it go to somebody other than Coach Cal, but really it is all about Carolina losing now.

Also, I'm so happy to see Stephen Curry get the attention he deserves. He is a hell of a player and SHOULD be 1st Team All-American. GO DAVIDSON!!!

DevilAlumna
03-24-2008, 01:29 AM
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but once Duke bows out, my next allegiance is to the ACC. So, that does actually mean I do root for UNC.

(Granted, it's a begrudging sort of cheering, but a strong UNC just means the Duke/UNC rivalry is all the more storied.)

And who couldn't cheer for Stephen Curry and the Davidson Wildcats??

wilson
03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Put me down among the staunchest of ABCers. Like others, I am voting for as many favorites as possible to stick and throw punch after punch at the heels. I agree that Charlotte is an advantage for kuralonna, but I think Louisville could give the heels a run. They have the depth and athleticism to go toe-to-toe with them. And remember, the heels' only two losses this year came in the dean dome.
Though I was rooting for Texas A&M at the time, I was perfectly happy to see UCLA win, because I think they have the best shot at beating kuralonna. Plus it's fun to watch a performance on the order of Kevin Love and Darren Collison's that night. They would give the heels fits.
Emotionally, I'm rooting for Davidson too, but realistically, Kansas. I think they have the best shot after UCLA at consistently beating kuralonna.
As someone said earlier, if the heels are gonna go all the way, they're really gonna have to earn it. If that should come to pass, I'll grudgingly concede their accomplishment, because they really have a great team.

rockymtn devil
03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Obviously rooting for Davidson. Their game with Wisconsin should be a fun one to watch. Two very good and under apreciated coaches is good enough, but seeing Curry try to score on the Badger defense has me excited.

I'll also cheer for Texas. Ever since his days of taking on Dean Smith when he was at Clemson I've liked Rick Barnes.

CameronBornAndBred
03-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Once the men lose, I don't care who wins it. The only team I acutally pull for is whoever Carolina is up against.
Other than that, I'll be watching the women as they continue on, hopefully lasting longer than the men. They looked good first round.

dukepsy1963
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Another feeling that UNC will have an "off" night and will bite it. I've been wrong many times though............:)

JStuart
03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I was in the gym the last time, before Friday, that Davidson won an NCAA tournament game and it's been a while. So, yeah, they're high on my list.

So was I, Camion, my freshman year at Davidson, and I was in the Pep Band in Cole Field House for the East Regionals. Saw Charlie Scott beat us in the last minute of a game we nearly beat UNC for the Final Four....arrrggghh. Still makes me angry.

BAMDSALL
03-24-2008, 02:04 PM
My heart says Davidson....how can one not?

My reason says Lou-a-ville is closest to sending Ol' Roys Boys home. Just don't think Tenn. can bring it BUT they will bring their fans! Hopefully so will the Cards and both teams fans will be loudly vocal in helping Wash. St.'s fans in the UNC/Wash. St. first game. (7:57 pm as per ESPN bracket)

I know Charlotte is light blue (lived there for 20 yrs. as a lonely Duke fan!) but think possibly the "home court" advantage for UNC will be minimized somewhat due to the nice short drive from Knoxville to Charlotte! And Tenn. fans are vocal if nothing else!

DevilDad
03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Davidson...great private school with high academic standards (sounds alot like...???). Go Wildcats:)