PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, DBR & Mods!

DevilAlumna
03-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I just made it through most of the posts on the front page, and it all seemed pretty sanitary and sane. I can only imagine what you must have had to wade through, and I appreciate the effort it must have taken, and the frustration it likely built.

I love having this place to hang out with my fellow Duke fans, and sorely missed my OTB home last night -- made me realize how much DBR has become a part of my daily routine.

Anyways, thanks for the site, for the boards, and for keeping it a place that we all want to come back to, day after day.

91_92_01_10_15
03-23-2008, 01:54 PM
You guys wade through a lot of BS so we don't have to. Thanks!

DukePA
03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I love the front page article today. Thank you so much. I'm fairly new to DBR and just have to say that I absolutely love this board. I'm sorry you guys had to deal with a big load of crap yesterday, but thank you for cleaning it up and keeping DBR a very Duke place to hang out. Well done.

Madrasdukie
03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, thank you for successfully screening through the onslaught of mail and keeping this forum sane.

It felt good to read the front-page write-up on yesterday's game.

dukepsy1963
03-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm with you on closing things down and letting the frustration wane a bit.

We still can be a "class act" if we try.........and maybe all of us need to count to 10 before saying something stupid and hurtful.

Go Duke Forever!!!

Jumbo
03-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks, DA (and everyone else). Yesterday was awful. I'm wondering whether we should post a couple of things that were deleted just to show you what we were dealing with. I never thought I'd want to see the board closed down, but was thrilled that Julio did it. And I agree that his write-up this morning was outstanding. I took yesterday's loss hard, and it certainly lifted my spirits a bit. I've got a few things planned in the next couple of weeks to keep things fun and light, once everyone has cooled down.

twisterduke81
03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Yesterday was hard. You guys were willing to take on the vile outbursts and sift through it. You handled this just right. Because of you and our beloved Blue Devils I come back to DBR year after year. I love DBR. Thanks.

Troublemaker
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Hear hear. Thank you mods and DBR!

It's an unfortunate fact of life that so many people are unhappy, that they lack perspective, that they live and die with the wins and losses of games played by teenagers. I wonder how many of those people who were banned, whose posts were deleted, would feel proud to tell their parents or church what they wrote to get banned, the anger they felt and directed towards Duke's hard-working players and coaches, whom they don't even know on a personal level. Frankly, I don't need to hear from those idiots, those losers of life, and I'm glad the mods are around to toss the garbage out.

Ben63
03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Reiterating what everyone has already said thank you to all the mods who had to sort through the crap and delete posts and file infractions. You guys make this an enjoyable board and make it a clean positive place to talk about Duke basketball and I appreciate all the work you guys put into this website.

However I would be interested to see 2 or 3 examples of what was said that was out of line.

ricks68
03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
I gotta say thank you for what you did last night and what you said today about it. No, I don't need to see any examples of what was being said. I would prefer to just have those really, really negative poorly basketball informed posters off the board. It wastes too much of my time reading through all of their diatribes and the additional responses trying to counter their incessant negative juvenile banter. I try to read as many posts as I can during the season, and all the posts in the off-season. These additional postings are taking up a lot of the time I could be using reading the useful postings.

Again, great decision last night and great response today.

ricks

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the mods and the board in what must be one of the most difficult times in the history of DBR. In a lot of ways this is the first year that DBR has been open enough (via new technology, no codes, etc) to experience the crush of Duke fans and the waves of parody posters, anti-Duke trolls, etc. after major losses (UNC, ACC, NCAA) that other boards have been inundated with for years. The owners have done an outstanding job of maintaining their stance on what they want the boards to be without stifling expression that they might not agree with.

I am even more impressed with the mods, who have to do a difficult job that gets most challenging at exactly the time that they are most sad/angry with the results of a bad game for Duke. Everyone here loves Duke and hates to lose, of course including the mods, and I've been extremely impressed with their ability to rein in their own emotions and moderate in a way that has generally been fair and consistent at a time when emotions were so high.

A sincere and heartfelt thank you to all. :)

BCGroup
03-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Absolutely--we probably can't fathom what you have had to look at. Thanks to DBR for giving everyone a brief "time out", and thanks to the moderators for continuing to keep the board reasonable for those of us who love to read content that doesn't fall off the cliff.

Lavabe
03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Mods: Thanks for keeping the DBR ... well, the DBR.

Jumbo: Please don't post what was responsible for the shut down. We just don't need it.

On to the next season ... LACROSSE!!!
Cheers,
Lavabe

ohioguy2
03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Every "team" needs a timeout to regroup and rethink at times. This is most true when things are not going well. Thank you for calling this timeout.

bigj4194
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the MODs! DBR is a classy place which is the reason i post here as opposed to other Duke forums sites.

Thank you for keeping DBR the place that I love!

Summie444
03-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Duke lax was upset yesterday, too. :(

TillyGalore
03-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd like to throw my thanks in as well.

Thank you to the mods for making this the friendly pub Julio and Boswell want it to be, and for putting up with the crap to maintain the pub atmosphere.

Thank you to Julio and Boswell for allowing us to be members of the pub and for wanting DBR to be classy.

Jumbo
03-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the mods and the board in what must be one of the most difficult times in the history of DBR. In a lot of ways this is the first year that DBR has been open enough (via new technology, no codes, etc) to experience the crush of Duke fans and the waves of parody posters, anti-Duke trolls, etc. after major losses (UNC, ACC, NCAA) that other boards have been inundated with for years. The owners have done an outstanding job of maintaining their stance on what they want the boards to be without stifling expression that they might not agree with.

I am even more impressed with the mods, who have to do a difficult job that gets most challenging at exactly the time that they are most sad/angry with the results of a bad game for Duke. Everyone here loves Duke and hates to lose, of course including the mods, and I've been extremely impressed with their ability to rein in their own emotions and moderate in a way that has generally been fair and consistent at a time when emotions were so high.

A sincere and heartfelt thank you to all. :)

Thanks. I'll tell you what stinks the most -- all the time spent moderating has completely cut into my ability to post. There are a lot things I'd like to say, and I just don't have the time. I hope to start a particular thread tonight. We'll see if I have tiime.

Madrasdukie
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I've got a few things planned in the next couple of weeks to keep things fun and light, once everyone has cooled down.

Looking forward to it.