PDA

View Full Version : TDD vs DBR

godukecom
03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I occasionally post here at DBR, but frequently lurk here. I also sometimes lurk at TDD, though I never post...

Recently, a thread was started at TDD criticizing us (DBR folks) and our attitude toward Duke Basketball. I was just wondering why it is that the two boards, while admittedly different in content, have to be so spiteful and poisonous to each other.

TDD accuses DBR of censoring out any negative content. DBR accuses TDD of being a place to talk unintelligently and vent after a loss. One poster on DBR actually refered posters to TDD if the wanted to vent.

I was just wondering if the two boards always had such a poisonous attitude towards each other or if it was inflamed by the loss combined with the shutting down of DBR yesterday.

here is the link to the thread for anyone who wants to read it:
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=167#s=167&f=1386&t=2244450&p=1

Mods, if I was wrong in posting this in any way, please remove ASAP. The last thing I want is for more fighting and negativity.

weezie
03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Meh...whatever. To each his own. And we're sometimes judged by the company that we keep.
It's Easter, I'm going to eat that chocolate bunny and say a prayer of thanks for all we have as Duke fans.

Lavabe
03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I occasionally post here at DBR, but frequently lurk here. I also sometimes lurk at TDD, though I never post...

Recently, a thread was started at TDD criticizing us (DBR folks) and our attitude toward Duke Basketball. I was just wondering why it is that the two boards, while admittedly different in content, have to be so spiteful and poisonous to each other.

TDD accuses DBR of censoring out any negative content. DBR accuses TDD of being a place to talk unintelligently and vent after a loss. One poster on DBR actually refered posters to TDD if the wanted to vent.

I was just wondering if the two boards always had such a poisonous attitude towards each other or if it was inflamed by the loss combined with the shutting down of DBR yesterday.

here is the link to the thread for anyone who wants to read it:
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=167#s=167&f=1386&t=2244450&p=1

Mods, if I was wrong in posting this in any way, please remove ASAP. The last thing I want is for more fighting and negativity.

Congrats on hitting 100!

I had the same thought when I went over to try TDD for the first time yesterday. I'm glad the post was up on the sticky. I tried it out, and was ... well... glad for the DBR. From my initial glimpse of TDD, it clearly serves a different purpose, a different audience, and does well with its audience. The posting stats are a bit different from what we have here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see that the owners/mods of both boards are all that overtly "poisonous" to one another. Clearly, some of the fans are. On the other hand, some of the fans post on both. I don't think that I'd take the words of several fans as evidence of a poisonous relationship.

Glad that DBR is back.
Cheers,
Lavabe