PDA

View Full Version : Venting

JBDuke
03-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Folks, if you think DBR is the right place to come vent your frustrations and bash on the team or on the coaching staff for how the season went and/or ended, then you are thinking wrong.

The owners of this site have made it clear that bashing the team/coaches is not allowed - that if you're going to criticize, it needs to be done constructively.

The mods are very busy right now deleting lots of posts and handing out infractions for folks that are obviously upset about the end of the season - understandably so - but that are expressing themselves via posts at a terribly in appropriate time or in terribly inappropriate ways.

Take time to cool off and think before posting - especially right now.

pfrduke
03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
This (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=167&F=1386#s=167&f=1386) would be a more appropriate place to go for uncensored* venting.

* - I do not in any way disagree with the decision to censor non-constructive venting here.

ehdg
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I totally agree with JB. We're all entitled to be upset and saddened by the way our season ended. But y'all need to grow up and deal with it!! Those that came here after the game and posted and vented their anger - and y'all know who you are as do the mods - were wrong. Granted it's okay to be upset/frustrated but you should learn to take time and cool off before posting. These boards are read by members of the team, parents, and even future recruits. Bashing our team isn't ever called for. These kids are trying their hardest and at the same time are going to classes and earning an education. You need to think about what you're going to say before you hit that submit button. How would you feel if these things were said about you? Please in the future think and reread what you have typed and maybe even read it third time before hitting the submit button. Think about what your saying and how it might come across. Being allowed to post here is a privilege not a divine right!! At anytime your privileges can be revoked. So think about this next time you lose your minds!!

As to our team, things happen and sadly Duke was a good team this year but not a great team. Maybe some of you saw this team through rose colored glasses. But what ever the case these kids and staff gave everything they had. Considering what Coach K had to work with one needs to be impressed with how much he got out of this young group. This team never quit as demonstrated by the Belmont game.

Let's be thankful for the year we had and get excited about next year. Hopefully we will be better with our players having another year under them and hopefully Henderson and Zoubek will be healthier and remain healthy for the entire season. Our freshman will be a year older, stronger and wiser to our system. Thinks are really looking up for Duke bball. But for now let's just be thankful for the run we had this season which was a lot of fun!!

Chard
03-23-2008, 04:59 PM
My cook top has never been cleaner and my landscaping in the front yard is coming along quite nicely. I chose to vent in a more constructive way yesterday. Plus, my dogs enjoyed the attention. I must be getting old and mature. Still, it took me about 24 hours to cheer up.