PDA

View Full Version : Jay WILL

Lotus000
03-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Anybody else see our boy JWill on CBS rocking some commentary? Awesome!

::goes back in time, shakes JWill...--don't buy that dang bike!!::

novablue4
03-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I know this has been said a zillion times, but I never said it and today I will. Looking back I can not remember any Duke player so awesome as J-Will, not even Chritian, Grant, Shane, Corey (for one year) Ferry, Hurley, whomever.

The fact that he bought a bike, and yes I owned two myself when I was a young man, and lost his career is one of the saddest things to me. Is it as sad a a visit to the Viet Nam War Memorial, the death of Bobby Kennedy, the abuse/murder of a child, of course not. But to see such a future wasted and such a good young man left to ponder for the rest of his life what might of been.

and by the way, Carlos had the rebound and put back of J-Wills miss against IU, the refs just couldn't find the lungs to call it.

BlueDevilBaby
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Our two guys who suffered career ending injuries have done all right for themselves and will continue to do so. Bobby's got his horses, and Jay Will is a smart, driven guy who does not seem to feel sorry for himself at all. He's all "next play". Glad to hear he's doing some commentating. Wish he would do more during the season.

moonpie23
03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
jason is a good commentator.....duke guys have OTHER assets besides basketball......

bhop22
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Every time I see or hear Jason doing TV, he always does a great job. Would love to see him more.

Chard
03-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe he didn't end up having the NBA career that we all wanted but we do have the memories of him at Duke. What memories those are! I also agree that he was the awesomest Dukie.

Classof06
03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe he didn't end up having the NBA career that we all wanted but we do have the memories of him at Duke. What memories those are! I also agree that he was the awesomest Dukie.

Duke fan or not, IMO Jason Williams is most likely the best CBB player I've ever seen. He was simply amazing.

Edouble
03-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Duke fan or not, IMO Jason Williams is most likely the best CBB player I've ever seen. He was simply amazing.

What was amazing was how he could shoot better from the 3-point line with a man in his face than from the charity stripe. I was always a little suprised that he didn't put down 40 points more often. I remember the game against Kentucky where he completely went off, but I always felt he could have dominated more than he did with the talent and support he had. He was one of the most dominant players I've ever seen, but there were those few things missing in his game (like how Steve Blake always had his number somehow) that holds me back from annointing him the best CBB I've ever seen over the likes of Laettner, Hill, Battier, etc. I actually thought that Dunleavy was playing the best ball on the team by the end of their junior years. Juan Dixon was a very good, maybe even great player, but there's no way that J-dub should allow the guy to beat him out for ACC POY with the kind of talent he had.

RelativeWays
03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
For me, its hard to pick who was the Blue Devil with the most talent between Hill and J-Will (you might can throw JD in the mix) . Still, for my money the best overall Duke player will always be between Battier and Laettner. While different in their methods, their strive for excellence is unparalleled. They are Duke basketball to me.

Magnolia888
03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Still, for my money the best overall Duke player will always be between Battier and Laettner. While different in their methods, their strive for excellence is unparalleled. They are Duke basketball to me.

I think they also represent the yin and yang of Duke basketball, the two extremes.

Laettner is the black hat who is hated by everyone outside of Duke; Shane the hero, the guy everybody would love on their team. (They'd love to have had Laettner too, but nobody would admit that.)