PDA

View Full Version : Duke MBB vs. Belmont Pre-game & In-game thread

Lotus000
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Do we get the night game or the day game? I'm trying to get tickets.

-jk
03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm happy to be in DC, and not just because I live here!

-jk

-jk
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Do we get the night game or the day game? I'm trying to get tickets.

CBS pays a lot of money to decide when they play.

-jk

crote
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Belmont!

I have a friend from high school who is a froward for the Bruins. This is their third consecutive trip to the NCAAs, and their their time as a 15 seed. Previously they've played UCLA and Georgetown.

They're a really solid team, but much like Duke their offense is very heavily reliant on outside shooting. They have even less of an inside presence than we do. This should be a good game to practice getting the ball inside to big Z.

Awesome!

redick4pres
03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Belmont is in Campbell's conference, where I happened to go to school and still live near. If you guys remember, in 1992, Campbell was the team we drew in the first round. Of course, you guys definitely remember how that tournament ended! I actually coach high school basketball and have coached two of Campbell's head coach's sons so I will see what I can find out more on Belmont. I know they're very good in this conference and they've got a great track record the last few years!

Saratoga2
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Belmont!

I have a friend from high school who is a froward for the Bruins. This is their third consecutive trip to the NCAAs, and their their time as a 15 seed. Previously they've played UCLA and Georgetown.

They're a really solid team, but much like Duke their offense is very heavily reliant on outside shooting. They have even less of an inside presence than we do. This should be a good game to practice getting the ball inside to big Z.

Awesome!

I don't know a lot about this team, but by the looks of the roster, they are small. They have a stingy half court defense and they love the 3 point shot.

Roster:
G Justin Hare 6'2" 195 Sr
G Andy Wicke 6'2" 195 Jr
F Matt Dotson 6'8" 220 Jr
G Henry Harris 6'1" 170 Jr
G/F Shane Dansby 6'4" 210 Jr
F Keaton Belcher 6"9" 205 Sr.
G Jon Rice 6'0" 180 Fr
F Jon House 6'8" 210 Fr.

From Last year, we should know not to take any team lightly. Lets hope Kyle and Lance show better with a little rest.

gofurman
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know a lot about this team, but by the looks of the roster, they are small. They have a stingy half court defense and they love the 3 point shot.

Roster:
G Andy Wicke 6'2" 195 Jr
G Jon Rice 6'0" 180 Fr
F Jon House 6'8" 210 Fr.

From Last year, we should know not to take any team lightly. Lets hope Kyle and Lance show better with a little rest.

Isn't this the same team that beat UK early on?

crote
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Wicke and especially Hare are their two stars. Hare is a great player, a deadly, deadly shooter. Good shooting teams always have a puncher's chance, and who knows what happens if they get hot.

Again, though. Very little inside presence, very susceptible to dribble penetration.

crote
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't this the same team that beat UK early on?

You're thinking of Gardner-Webb. Same conference (A-Sun), different team.

gofurman
03-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Some may find it silly but I 'fear' every opponent as I love Duke Bball.

Here is the quick scout on Belmot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga2

Roster:
G/F Jordan Campbell 6'5" 195 Fr
G Alex Renfroe 6'2" 160 Jr
G Andy Wicke 6'2" 195 Jr
G Jon Rice 6'0" 180 Fr
F Jon House 6'8" 210 Fr.

DATE OPPONENT TIME/RESULT
11/09 @ UC W 86-75
11/10 @ BGSU L 78-67
11/11 WCU W 79-70
11/15 @ SAM W 82-73
11/17 @ AP L 71-56
11/19 @ ALA W 85-83
11/26 MTSU W 85-62
12/01 @ XAV L 90-49
12/04 FISK W 106-49
12/12 @ MTSU L 86-80 OT
12/17 TSU W 82-71
12/19 AP L 93-84
12/29 WRST L 78-74 OT
12/30 @ MSU W 84-67
1/03 @ GWU W 87-84
1/05 @ CAM L 83-75
1/12 @ LIP W 99-91 OT
DATE OPPONENT TIME/RESULT
1/17 ETSU W 86-83
1/19 SEC W 76-52
1/24 @ KENN L 81-79
1/26 @ MER W 93-82
1/31 @ STET W 83-75
2/02 FGC W 86-74
2/07 JAC W 85-78
2/09 UNF W 79-56
2/14 @ ETSU W 87-75
2/16 @ SEC W 82-72
2/22 LIP W 74-65
2/28 CAM W 75-64
3/01 GWU W 76-73
3/05 CAM W 75-66
3/07 ETSU W 69-65
3/08 JAC W 79-61

Top three scorers - Justin Hare, Shane Dansby, Matthew Dotson...
Top three rebounders - Shane Dansby, Jordan Campbell, Alex Renfroe

Notes
*Lot of junior/senior as you would expect
*killed by xavier early

The Original
03-16-2008, 07:43 PM
On my way to DC for the dance, looking for a place to stay. Anyone know if it is true that the official hotel was the Renaissance? It is just around the corner from the Verizon Center....hope so. All the way!

gofurman
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
You're thinking of Gardner-Webb. Same conference (A-Sun), different team.

now I remember - Belmont beat ALABAMA at alabama !!

see above for their early schedule on 11/19

ArtVandelay
03-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Anybody have any insights into how to get tickets? And no, stand outside the MCI center and buy from a scalper is not the answer I'm looking for.

-jk
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Anybody have any insights into how to get tickets? And no, stand outside the MCI center and buy from a scalper is not the answer I'm looking for.

Ebay.

-jk

Lotus000
03-16-2008, 08:29 PM

I used StubHub. If we aren't the night game, I'm going to have some sort of fit.

sandinmyshoes
03-16-2008, 08:37 PM
We are undefeated this year against schools that start with at B.

mgtr
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
^Excellent post!!!

hc5duke
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
We are undefeated this year against schools that start with at B.

But we're also winless against this year against schools that end with a T.

dukelifer
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Wicke and especially Hare are their two stars. Hare is a great player, a deadly, deadly shooter. Good shooting teams always have a puncher's chance, and who knows what happens if they get hot.

Again, though. Very little inside presence, very susceptible to dribble penetration.

Deadly? Perhaps a bit generous for someone who shoots 43% and 38% from 3- but he is a good free throw shooter at 91%.

Duvall
03-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Tip-off at 7:10 p.m. Thursday (http://org-www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Basketball_(M)/2008D1MensBasketballBracket.pdf).

hc5duke
03-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Tip-off at 7:10 p.m. Thursday (http://org-www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Basketball_(M)/2008D1MensBasketballBracket.pdf).

PDF warning!

Lavabe
03-16-2008, 11:41 PM

There's something about a Belmont post coming from Saratoga, that just has me grinning.:D

Perhaps we need DevilHorse in this thread.
Cheers,
Lavabe

Bob Green
03-17-2008, 06:25 AM
From the ESPN team summary:

But when opponents get past the perimeter, this team's in trouble: Belmont's field-goal defense (46 percent allowed) ended the regular season as 268th out of 341 Division I teams.

Belmont has no serious inside presence so we should be able to spread the court and execute our drive and dish offense. The last team we played without an inside presence was St. John's and we won by 30 points with Brian Zoubek contributing a double-double of 11 points and 13 rebounds.

CMS2478
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
IMO, the best preparation for this game is a lot of game film, shootaround's, walk-through's, and a TON OF REST. I know the whole "we look tired" thing gets old but if we get Markie and Singler along with the others on some fresh legs we could make a serious run.

DevilHorse
03-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd sooner be against the Kentucky (derby), but you have to play who is in front of you. So there it is race fans.... ;)

Larry
DevilHorse

Saratoga2
03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Defense:

Pressure the ball
Guard the three
Rebound

Offense:

Scheyer and Paulus primary ball handlers
Go Inside
Slash to the basket (Demarcus and Nolan)

Belmont won't have seen our kind of ball pressure and clogging passign lanes. We can switch on the three point shooters no easy looks.
They can't match the size of Zoubek on the boards

With Scheyer and Paulus handling and playmaking we should have very low turnovers and good playmaking
Go inside to Singler, Zoubek and Thomas. Their big guys are not duanting
Nolan and Demarcus will open up with our spread. Make them choose between giving easy baskets and fouling. I doubt if they will zone.

A bonus will be Henderson if he is healthy. He can hit the pullup jumper over anyone they have.

dukelifer
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
IMO, the best preparation for this game is a lot of game film, shootaround's, walk-through's, and a TON OF REST. I know the whole "we look tired" thing gets old but if we get Markie and Singler along with the others on some fresh legs we could make a serious run.

K suggested that he would do just this. Go through plays without contact- watch tape but let guys get rest.

As for the game- Belmont will be playing like there is no tomorrow because just one win against Duke will change their lives forever. Duke will be playing- so they have energy to play at a high level on Saturday. Duke will need to play a lot of guys in this game to keep the game out of reach. I expect to see a lot of King in this game.

BCGroup
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=4192

audio file/Dave Glenn

devildownunder
03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
From the ESPN team summary:

Belmont has no serious inside presence so we should be able to spread the court and execute our drive and dish offense. The last team we played without an inside presence was St. John's and we won by 30 points with Brian Zoubek contributing a double-double of 11 points and 13 rebounds.

I personally would like to see us do a bit more driving all the way to the basket, instead of driving and kicking, especially early in the game. This team needs to find ways to attack the basket more, because you cannot live exclusively by the 3 in the ncaa tournament. An opponent like Belmont may give K an opportunity to get the team into an attacking mindset. This could especially benefit a guy like Singler, who is fully capable of attacking most teams, not just shooting jumpshots.

Sir Stealth
03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I personally would like to see us do a bit more driving all the way to the basket, instead of driving and kicking, especially early in the game. This team needs to find ways to attack the basket more, because you cannot live exclusively by the 3 in the ncaa tournament. An opponent like Belmont may give K an opportunity to get the team into an attacking mindset. This could especially benefit a guy like Singler, who is fully capable of attacking most teams, not just shooting jumpshots.

It seems like Duke goes through bad stretches when they stop attacking. I have no problem with shooting a ton of threes, but they go down best from the kickout, because the shot is really more of a continuation of the drive to the basket. The downside is that so many threes go in for us that the team will get lazy or frustrated on offense and just jack something up rather than use a shot to complete an attacking play. This happened against Clemson and we missed a ton of shots. I'd love for Duke to rain down threes with their feet set, waiting for a well moved ball to come to the open jump shooter. No more dribbling around and jacking up a three or driving down the court and firing off a three without feet being set.

BlueintheFace
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
A few points-

1) Singler is in the middle of ... he hasn't done a great job at... well... he stinks at shooting recently. Over the last ten games he has shot 16-62 (26%) from three and 50-135 (37%) from the field. Coach K addressed the problem when he recently told the media that Kyle has tired legs. It appears that Kyle needs a break, and with Zou playing well above expectations (He has played beyond great against UNC and Clemson- two very good teams with good big men) maybe Kyle should play limited minutes against Belmont and rest those tired legs of his. We need him to be great this March.

In addition, perhaps Gerald could do with a rest for that wrist. Limited minutes might be in order for him. It's not like we have a shortage of guards on the bench after all...

2) Belmont has made more three pointers this season than any other team in Division I basketball.

3) They do not have much height at all and have no legitimate low post threats.

BCGroup
03-17-2008, 08:25 PM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/index.php?title=krzyzewski_devils_are_ready_to_go&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

dukediv2013
03-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I have seen Belmont play in person. They played in Buies Creek against Campbell. They are an experienced team for the A-Sun, but they are turnover prone. Look for Duke to turn Belmont over early and often. Duke should run away with this game, but who knows? It is March and crazy things happen! LGD!

Troublemaker
03-17-2008, 08:59 PM
47.6% of Belmont's field goal attempts are 3-pters. That dovetails nicely with Duke's defensive strengths. Hopefully we can blow them out and use this game to get back on a roll. How well Singler and Henderson play are obviously at the top of the list of things to look for. Man, hopefully they're okay and are ready to rock.

wiscodevil
03-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Hopefully we'll play well. Pass the ball, force turnovers, stay out of foul trouble, avoid injuries, make foul shots, hit our threes, play hard. and communicate.

am i forgetting anything?

vango
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I'd love to see Singler rest on the bench for a good stretch to ready him for WVU/AZ but I can't see Zoubs running out to defend a 3 pointer. He'll play and force Belmont to deal with him in the middle but if we rest Singler a lot I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave (mostly) and King (the rest) take those minutes while Singler is taking more breaks on the bench. They'd match up well in the paint but can get out and defend the 3 on switches or their big men taking their 3's.

In general I am actually surprised at the eagerness with which near everyone is beating up on this club. I know we lost 2 of 3 and it has been widely bantered about that this team has hit the wall and Duke in general over the recent years has peaked in Feb. But, in most of the places I'm reading about the West I'm seeing things like:

Duke has hit the wall
Duke is overrated
Duke for your early round upsets
Duke will fail to make it to the Sweet 16 again
WVU will end Duke's season
Duke is a 3rd seed
Duke's pedigree gives them a favorable seed
etc.

Hopefully we shut some people up. I can understand how it is vogue to finally pile on Duke but this seems misguided. Proof is in the pudding though - we need only to win to make these people look like fools.

On a secondary note, if the bear on the home page of DBR is the Belmont emblem he looks fierce but I can't help but think that he sorta looks like he has a hair ball and is dry heaving a bit - I guess it is that red blotch and the look of discomfort he has on his face.

Lotus000
03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
If anybody else is going to the game, I'll be in Chinatown pre-game at happy hours with all my Duke swag on. PM me if you want to meet up.

BCGroup
03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Kevin (Newtown, PA): Kyle - Belmont is here for the 3rd straight year...any shot at all against Duke?

SportsNation Kyle Whelliston: (4:18 PM ET ) If Duke drives at them, Belmont's in real trouble. Really undersized, very subpar rebounding. Their only shot is to shoot for a good percentage, whatever that takes

hughesmiester
03-18-2008, 05:46 PM
First time, long time. I was one of the idiots who actually bought tickets to Raleigh months ago, planning on Duke playing there. Ah well.

Anyways, for those of you in the Durham/Raleigh and (God forbid) Chapel Hill area, where are you planning on watching Duke-Belmont Thursday night? I want to watch it with a great group of Duke fans and am coming from Boston so I'm relatively open to anywhere. Thanks alot, and if this thread needs to be moved, my apologies.

bdh21
03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Section 429, Row O!

whereinthehellami
03-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I'd like to see alot of controlled penetration. Nelson gets so many charges on over penetration. Once he beats his man into the key I wish he would stop and pull up for a 10 footer. Scheyer is one of the best at getting 10-15 footers after getting past his man.

I'd also like to see quicker ball movement. It seems like guys have been probing the defense with too much dribbling. Mix quick passes with some ball fakes before doing the globetrotter exhibition.

I'd like to see Duke explode to a 15 point lead and then use the blue team to try and extend the lead. Keep all guys under 30 minutes!

duke211
03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I sold my raleigh tickets and won some for Dc im pumped.

moonpie23
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
I sold my raleigh tickets and won some for Dc im pumped.

uhhhh, you didn't by chance sell them to TArholes did you? did you get some background on the buyers? ;)

duke211
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I sold them to a Davidson fan, would never give a tarhole the satisfaction:rolleyes:

beltwayBD
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
For what it's worth, I thought I'd share a few observations with the DBR board after seeing our Blue Devils practice at the Verizon Center, just a few short minutes ago.

There was a good Duke fan turnout, maybe a two hundred. Nevertheless, I got a spot maybe three rows back. Wish my cell phone took decent pictures! Anyway, the Duke fans gave 'em a warm reception and the Devils rewarded us with a spirited practice.

Singler was looking cold from three-point range, but Scheyer, Paulus and "icy-hot" Taylor King were looking red hot! Zoubek was a crowd favorite, and had a running lay-up that drew some appreciative applause. Gerald had a flashy dunk at one point that even his teammates were impressed with! Didn't seem him nursing or favoring the wrist at all. All in all they looked loose and ready to go.

And Wojo and Collins still got it -- they give the team a run whenever they're on the floor!

I scouted around for tickets a bit outside, but it was raining and there were tons of pseudo-security guys running around. Sitting so close for the practice made me really envy anyone who has such amazing tickets tomorrow. I may run over there again at lunch tomorrow and see if anything turns up...

Enjoy, and good luck tomorrow Devils!

PS: Best part was seeing some excited kid running around after the practice shouting about how get got DeMarcus's autograph!

BD80
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the update!

Good luck with tickets tomorrow, the team can always use a bit more support!

9F

astoria26
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Great to hear that Gerald is ok! I think that K is telling Singler to drive more, instead of trying to perfect his jump shot - was he doing any of that?

Thanks for the report!

beltwayBD
03-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Great to hear that Gerald is ok! I think that K is telling Singler to drive more, instead of trying to perfect his jump shot - was he doing any of that?

Thanks for the report!

Kyle was actually looking pretty good inside, with a few layups.

He has been really tentative the past few games, either just sitting on the perimeter or hitting bricks.

wisteria
03-19-2008, 07:07 PM
ughhhhhh... to think that I met DeMarcus once and didn't even ask for autograph! (Well he was with a girl, so I figured it probably wasn't a good time to interrupt...)

Singler ice cold from 3? Damn...I hope he'll be looking for more inside shots then.

I can't wait for tomorrow to come!!!

Madrasdukie
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the report, and good luck with the tkts.

I'm assuming the rest of the team (esp. DeMarcus, Lance, Nolan, and Dave) looked good as well.

beltwayBD
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
David was actually shooting really well, I wish he would take the shot more often when he's open.

Madrasdukie
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
David was actually shooting really well, I wish he would take the shot more often when he's open.

Thanks, again. I'll just assume that Markie, Lance and Nolan didn't do anything unexpected :)

captmojo
03-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Great to hear that Gerald is ok!

Thanks for the report!

I completely agree on this point. His good health cannot be overlooked. I also give thanks for the report.

beltwayBD
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks, again. I'll just assume that Markie, Lance and Nolan didn't do anything unexpected :)

Just to settle your anxiety, they were all looking great! :) I confess I didn't watch them as closely as some of the other players, though I do remember Nolan looked really comfortable on the court.

socaldukie
03-20-2008, 01:13 AM
These tourney practices don't reveal much. But good to have the info just the same.

shereec
03-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I scouted around for tickets a bit outside, but it was raining and there were tons of pseudo-security guys running around. Sitting so close for the practice made me really envy anyone who has such amazing tickets tomorrow. I may run over there again at lunch tomorrow and see if anything turns up...

Be sure to try the ticket office. Several years ago when the ACC tournament was in Washington, we were outside holding up fingers like everyone else looking for tickets and a guy came by saying that we should try the ticket office. Thinking it was impossible and laughing at ourselves, we stepped inside and were able to buy full books for the weekend (5 of us!). It seems that folks in the DC area are so accustomed to obeying scalping laws that they actually turn tickets back in.

Good luck and cheer for all of us.

CMS2478
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I really hope Singler looks to score more inside in the NCAA tournament. I know he is undersized, but he operates well inside and is tough with good moves, which allows him to finish. He has fallen in love with that jumpshot that ain't going down right now and I really hope he gets back to his bread and butter of driving and posting down low. :)

opossum
03-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Be sure to try the ticket office. Several years ago when the ACC tournament was in Washington, we were outside holding up fingers like everyone else looking for tickets and a guy came by saying that we should try the ticket office. Thinking it was impossible and laughing at ourselves, we stepped inside and were able to buy full books for the weekend (5 of us!). It seems that folks in the DC area are so accustomed to obeying scalping laws that they actually turn tickets back in.

Good luck and cheer for all of us.

This worked for me. At about 2:30 this afternoon, the ticket office had plenty of upper level single tickets for tonight's games and for Saturday.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-20-2008, 07:21 PM
we look lifeless at the 15:30 mark. and making horrible decisions on offense.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
scheyer with the layup.. maybe were turning it on!

steely2400
03-20-2008, 07:29 PM
getting beat off the dribble too much, terrible defense

grossbus
03-20-2008, 07:37 PM
we are aware they shoot threes, right?

willywoody
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
i really feel like terping right now but maybe i'm not watching the same game the refs are, i am on the internet.

cspan37421
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
announcers totally pulling for Belmont.

As I figured, our opponent is playing physically and the refs aren't calling stuff.

Our defense could be better - Zoubek is nice to have on the offensive glass but in transition defense he's unable to get back in time or defend the 3. I think to win we'll have to go small and stay small.

SMO
03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I've never seen officiating so bad in my life. Grabbed jerzees, hands all over guys driving, shooting, rebounding....no whistles. This is surreal.

Papa Moon
Duke will be lucky to get out of this game alive. They have just not been the same the past month or so that they were early in the year. This type of offenses will win you some games but it is not something that will last throughout the year. Until duke gets a big man and a point guard like they had in the past they will just not be the same. Yeah the record was amazing this year and they have been fun to watch but in terms of being a legit title contender it will not happen until they fill the missing pieces.

_Gary
I'm seriously depressed at how poor our defense is through the first 12 minutes of this game. Not what I was hoping for at all. And the offense is choppy as most everyone on the team has taken at least one really ill-advised shot already. Come on guys, calm down!

Karl Beem
They're playing better defense.

YmoBeThere
03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Hmm, 10 of 16 shooting, that's pretty good isn't it?

_Gary
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
They're playing better defense.

You can't be talking about Duke. They are playing horrible defense right now. And as much as I love "Z", he's got to come out and probably stay out because he's doing nothing on offense and hurting us on defense because of the quickness of Belmont. This game is eerily similar to the VCU game thus far. Hope that changes soon! No reason we shouldn't win this game by 20.

willywoody
03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
z is still bringing the ball down low when he gets it but he did have a nice assist to singler earlier.

grossbus
smith can't stay with anybody.

have you noticed that when paulus is out and smith is in, scheyer is running the offense. smith must be feeling sub SUB par.

we are not defending well at all. offense not much better.

scheyer and singler keeping us in this.

SMO
Suddenly at about the 5:00 mark they start calling fouls. Geez, I hope they don't go back to the "anything goes" that we saw in the first 15.

kydevil
03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
i really feel like terping right now but maybe i'm not watching the same game the refs are, i am on the internet.

Where can you find the game on the net?

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Of course the announcers are more excited about Belmont. What's interesting about a 2 seed beating a 15 seed.

Singler is back in the swing of things, and thank goodness, because we'd be down right now without his play so far.

we've been pretty good at guarding the shooters, until the last couple of possessions (it's 28-18 right now). Belmont is VERY quick relative to us, so they are giving us some real trouble with back cuts and on bad switches. I think K may need to back off all the overplay and going for steals in this one, because it is really costing us. Just stay with your man and don't give him an open 3 would be my advice. We'll see what K thinks.

Offensively, we are showing absolutely no patience. I know we want an up-tempo game generally but some of the shots we have taken have horrendous. fade-away and pull-up threes with 20+ on the shot clock should not be our first choice of shot. Oh and we can backdoor them as easily as they are backdooring us. We should try it out of a timeout.

Some other notes: Once again, Scheyer is proving to be invaluable. Zoubek looks MUCH MORE fluid than he ever did before his injuries. Do I just have a bad memory? Z needs quite a bit of work but he looks much more mobile than I remembered. Smith is in a lot and has already hit a 3, that's a positive.

and last but not least, will somebody please shadow Wicke!

willywoody
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Where can you find the game on the net?

www.ncaasports.com

steely2400
03-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I am very disappointed in the D this first half. A pathetic showing overall

Lauderdevil
03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
K's playing a deep bench -- not just Zoubek and Smith, but Taylor King's getting a lot of PT. Singler's getting good rest. Duke will have fresh legs late in the second half.

Karl Beem
03-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I was referring to Belmont playing better defense. But then they were committing more fouls.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Looks like there will be some doubt in the second half today after all.

oh well. Let's see what adjustments K can make to put this away early in the 2nd half. I like that we came out really focused on taking away 3s. I think we got away from that a little. I'd also like to see us stop switching but, then, I'd like to be Monica Seles's partner on dancing with the stars, too.

SMO
03-20-2008, 08:03 PM
K's playing a deep bench -- not just Zoubek and Smith, but Taylor King's getting a lot of PT. Singler's getting good rest. Duke will have fresh legs late in the second half.

I anticipate a much better second half. Defensive adjustments, fouls mounting on Belmont, and some fresh legs. Need to stop dribbling off feet and rebound.

NYD33
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
At what point do you think we will adjust to the backdoor cuts? We fall into the same pathetic funk at this time every year.

Papa Moon
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
would love to see smith run the point with paulus at the other guard spot. Im surprised that we have not seen this at all throughout the year, paulus can in no way get into the lane a create for others like smith potentially can. Its hard to get others involved when your back is to the basket at all times.

Good to see singler getting back to normal, however the whole team just looks a step slow. I think the wear of the season has caught up with them so its a must that players like smith, king, mcclure and zoubek step up.

_Gary
I know we got some steals/turnovers off the pressure defense, but the overplay hurt us more than it helped us, IMHO. We need to pull back a little bit and I think we will pull away. The offense could have been much better, but I have to give Belmont some credit for the tenacious d they played.

grossbus
"Zoubek looks MUCH MORE fluid than he ever did before his injuries. Do I just have a bad memory? Z needs quite a bit of work but he looks much more mobile than I remembered. Smith is in a lot and has already hit a 3, that's a positive. "

zoobs, really fluid on those travels. :)

smith has hit a three, but is getting beat by whoever he guards. it is hurting the defense.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:09 PM
At what point do you think we will adjust to the backdoor cuts? We fall into the same pathetic funk at this time every year.

the team is not in a funk. we are playing with energy and chemistry. Our habitual switches and overplay on defense make us susceptible to the backdoor play, especially against a smaller, quicker opponent, like Belmont. For better or worse, we will just have to put up with some of those baskets, as a fan, in a game like this because this is K's base defense and he values the trade-off of easy baskets for turnovers. So just hope we keep forcing the turnovers as well as giving up the layups.

freedevil
03-20-2008, 08:09 PM
That was an incredibly pathetic half of basketball. I dedicated an entire thread earlier in the year to what I thought was a new and improved Paulus. He looks like he's wearing weights on his ankles tonight. The entire team does.

NYD33
03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
the team is not in a funk. we are playing with energy and chemistry. Our habitual switches and overplay on defense make us susceptible to the backdoor play, especially against a smaller, quicker opponent, like Belmont. For better or worse, we will just have to put up with some of those baskets, as a fan, in a game like this because this is K's base defense and he values the trade-off of easy baskets for turnovers. So just hope we keep forcing the turnovers as well as giving up the layups.

Not in a funk? What Duke team have you been watching play the last few years? We used to steamroll into the tournament year after year and dominate our first round opponent before really having to go to work. I understand those teams were more talented than what we have right now and that Belmont may be a decent team overall, but come on. We had no offensive rythm in the first half and looked out of sorts like we have since mid to late February. Don't know if we're just tired or teams have caught on to us but let's be realistic herel.

diesel
Am I watching a different game than some of those commenting her tonight? I can't recall us getting as many steals in a game. Sure, we could be guarding against Wicke and back door cuts better, but I was honestly thinking that the team was playing better than I've seen in a long time. You have to give credit to Belmont, though, for the game they're playing. They don't look like a 15 seed to me!

NYD33
and by last few years i meant weeks. Sorry for the typo.

devildownunder
"Zoubek looks MUCH MORE fluid than he ever did before his injuries. Do I just have a bad memory? Z needs quite a bit of work but he looks much more mobile than I remembered. Smith is in a lot and has already hit a 3, that's a positive. "

zoobs, really fluid on those travels. :)

smith has hit a three, but is getting beat by whoever he guards. it is hurting the defense.

Yeah, and really fluid while altering and blocking those shots, too. As I said, he needs a lot of work but he just looks quicker and more agile than before. Why bag on the guy? He's worked hard and come through a lot and he has made huge strides. Yes, he still has a long way to go. Give him a break.

Edouble
03-20-2008, 08:15 PM
They have twelve team fouls. Justin Hare, who averages 15 ppg for them has three. This has to play a part in the second half. Scheyer's playing out of his mind. Good to see Singler back in the swing of things. Nelson and Paulus seem tentative on offense.

Belmont is shooting 40% for threes, they've gotten their backdoor cuts, but we're still ahead by 7 at the half. I think they're giving us their best shot, while we have several things to improve on. I feel optimistic about the second half. VERY GOOD to see King, Smith, Singler, and Zoubek all scoring for us: takes the pressure off of Nelson, Scheyer, and Paulus, making it more likely for one of them to put up 15 in the second half.

G's wrist can't seem to keep up with his feet/speed on the drive.

BlueintheFace
I feel sick to my stomach...

cspan37421
we've been pretty good at guarding the shooters, until the last couple of possessions (it's 28-18 right now).

We had a 10 point lead? I must have missed that.

Earlier poster is right. Guys are blowing right by Nolan. Is he ill, or is this par for the course with him?

We're lucky to be ahead. Between their great 3 pt shooting, great backdoor cuts, we're lucky our shots are falling at a better than avg pace. If we were cold, we'd be out of this game.

Where's McClure? Thomas has had a couple TOs on the offensive end.

Paulus' early 3 was ridiculous. Terrible form - he's lucky it went in; does he have the green light from that distance in transition? It wasn't like he was THAT open.

Taylor King's jumper at the end was acrobatic. If he weren't in the key, it would also have been an ill-advised shot, I'd say, but it was close enough to finesse it in there.

I hate to think it could be VCU all over again, but who knows - maybe Belmont's hot shooting will revert to the mean, and they'll actually get called for over half the fouls they're committing (we've gotten away with a couple, but not nearly as many, IMO).

I hate that K isn't feeling well. I think he'd be more vocal towards the zebras if he weren't under the weather.

Well, keep the faith, root root root for Duke, que sera sera.

update: I see that the final 1st half numbers for Belmont's shooting aren't that high. The last I had heard they were 5/10 from 3. Belmont will continue to play physical. If they don't get called, it'll help them. If they do, then you'll hear how "Duke gets all the calls". Tough to be hated so.

MChambers
03-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Having read some of these posts, I have to wonder what kind of fans Duke has. There is an amazing amount of negativity in these posts. If you guys had been here in 1986, you probably would have transferred to UNC (and I'm starting to wish you had). Lighten up.

devildownunder
Am I watching a different game than some of those commenting her tonight? I can't recall us getting as many steals in a game. Sure, we could be guarding against Wicke and back door cuts better, but I was honestly thinking that the team was playing better than I've seen in a long time. You have to give credit to Belmont, though, for the game they're playing. They don't look like a 15 seed to me!

Agree. Belmont is a quick, experienced team that came in ready to play. It's their third year in a row in the field of 64 and it's showing right now in their poise and sense of purpose. Some of the stressing on this thread right now is undoubtedly from the realisation that Belmont is a whole lot better than most of us thought. I am surprised at how quick they are but not by their poise. You know a team with that much experience will be ready to play and won't be intimidated.

willywoody
Yeah, and really fluid while altering and blocking those shots, too. As I said, he needs a lot of work but he just looks quicker and more agile than before. Why bag on the guy? He's worked hard and come through a lot and he has made huge strides. Yes, he still has a long way to go. Give him a break.

agree. he can contribute even without scoring. just needs to cut out the turnovers, that's where he hurts us.

dukestheheat
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I anticipate a much better second half. Defensive adjustments, fouls mounting on Belmont, and some fresh legs. Need to stop dribbling off feet and rebound.

'Here comes Duke's defense....
defending the deep ball 3eeeeeeeeee
when they do that, tonight
they will win by 20eeeeeeeeeeee.'

I need to get into music; in some ways, I'm a certain type of lyrical Jesse James, I know it, you don't even have to tell me.

dth.

devildownunder
We had a 10 point lead? I must have missed that.

that should have read 28-28. For some reason, the board won't let me edit that post. Hmmm.

Chard
Let's try to remember that Belmont it is an experienced team. Duke is going to adjust on defense. Belmont will get tired and in foul trouble. This won't be pretty but all Duke needs to do is survive and advance.

Edouble
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Having read some of these posts, I have to wonder what kind of fans Duke has. There is an amazing amount of negativity in these posts. If you guys had been here in 1986, you probably would have transferred to UNC (and I'm starting to wish you had). Lighten up.

Damn right... this is the NCAA tournament. Two seeds can be legit teams. Belmont is one such team. All that matters is that we win. Go Devils!!!

dukestheheat
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
to Belmont's cheerleaders:

Scream now, cry later.

dth.

freedevil
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Damn right... this is the NCAA tournament. Two seeds can be legit teams. Belmont is one such team. All that matters is that we win. Go Devils!!!

Two seeds are supposed to be legit teams. Fifteen seeds are not.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Not in a funk? What Duke team have you been watching play the last few years? We used to steamroll into the tournament year after year and dominate our first round opponent before really having to go to work. I understand those teams were more talented than what we have right now and that Belmont may be a decent team overall, but come on. We had no offensive rythm in the first half and looked out of sorts like we have since mid to late February. Don't know if we're just tired or teams have caught on to us but let's be realistic herel.

I didn't say we were playing brilliant basketball but being in a funk would imply we are out there just going through the motions or lacking effort or making mistakes we haven't made all year or looking otherwise disjointed. There is no evidence of that here. I strongly disagree that we looked out of sorts, well, except for some of our shot selection. This year's team just doesn't have a huge margin for error and belmont happens to be a pretty good team, especially when it comes to quickness.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:28 PM
nice to see that.

Edouble
03-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Two seeds are supposed to be legit teams. Fifteen seeds are not.

That's a typo. 15s have been legit in the past.

willywoody
03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
coach k is getting over the flu. i wonder if we've had some players battling the same thing over the past few weeks?

freedevil
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Edouble - sorry. Should've given you the benefit of the doubt. I'm just frustrated by this play.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I would lighten up if it didn't look like Belmont was playing in the NCAA tournament opposed to Duke looking they're playing in Lala land

Delaware
03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
has been absent the last three games.

grossbus
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
would someone please wake nelson up.

slower
03-20-2008, 08:40 PM

It's called "frustration", pal. By ANY measure, this is an embarrassment.

_Gary
03-20-2008, 08:40 PM
This is truly sad. I really thought Duke would come out in this tournament with a chip on it's shoulder, playing impassioned defense and solid offense. Not happening tonight, and even if they win I'm not nearly as confident in them as I was before this first game. I really hope for Markie's sake Duke can win this game, because right now this would be a horrible way for our senior to end his career. He's in a serious funk, as is the entire team. Ugh...

Papa Moon
03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Duke is on track to maybe having one of the most embarrassing and detrimental things happen to their program right now. This next 10 min might be the most important to the next few years of this program. Im embarrassed and not really sure what is going on. I dont care if they lost the next game this is a must or this program is going to slide faster than anyone of us ever thought.

grossbus
03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
smith should not be on the floor. for whatever reason, he can't guard anyone.

NYD33
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
This is pathetic. We deserve to lose. We are playing with zero heart right now. I hope K tests their manhood during this time out. Maybe someone will come out and be strong with the ball instead of having everything slapped away.

_Gary
What the heck is going on? I can't figure out if we are getting out-hustled, or Belmont is just incredibly lucky to be getting every lose ball, or if the refs are just giving us a bum deal. Probably a little bit of everything. In other words, the perfect storm arises just in time to bite Duke in the rump. Wow. If we lose this game...

devildownunder
We have no idea right now at the offensive end and we are starting to let our defensive assignments fall apart as well. In short, we look rattled. And with our youth, it's danger time.

DeMarcus and Greg need to show leadership here. Right now, Henderson actually appears to be the player coming closest to stepping up.

That last sequence where we got thoroughly outhustled getting after a loose ball was depressing.

We are deteriorating. Something needs to change, and FAST!

ChrisP
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Where did they find these refs? Seriously...

YmoBeThere
Duke is on track to maybe having one of the most embarrassing and detrimental things happen to their program right now. This next 10 min might be the most important to the next few years of this program. Im embarrassed and not really sure what is going on. I dont care if they lost the next game this is a must or this program is going to slide faster than anyone of us ever thought.

Hyperbole maybe?

steely2400
I didn't say we were playing brilliant basketball but being in a funk would imply we are out there just going through the motions or lacking effort or making mistakes we haven't made all year or looking otherwise disjointed. There is no evidence of that here. I strongly disagree that we looked out of sorts, well, except for some of our shot selection. This year's team just doesn't have a huge margin for error and belmont happens to be a pretty good team, especially when it comes to quickness.

I disagree, the number of wide open shots and back door layups are proof that we have no idea what we are doing defensively.Guys keep looking around as if they have no idea whom to gaurd. This is a joke, a pathetic performance

slower
To anybody who tries to sugarcoat this or scold us for being fair-weather fans, get your freaking head out of the sand. Even if we end up winning, this SCARES me.

Edouble
How did Nelson miss that shot? Why is he staring at the guy who's sitting on the floor with the ball instead of diving for it?

willywoody
03-20-2008, 08:48 PM
belmont wants it more. they're beating us to nearly everything.

CAT Blue Devil
03-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I feel like I am watching a reel of the lowlights of the season.

Nelson picking up charges or passing with his head down to ghosts.

Wide open drives to the lane with little defense.

Teams waiting for a defensive switch then taking up the mismatch.

Little or no balanced inside scoring.

Zoubek and Thomas inability to score inside.

This is really gettting old.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Where did they find these refs? Seriously...

The refs are not our problem right now.

fan345678
03-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I've only seen the second half, but it really looks like the officials aren't balancing the play, but are instead balancing the scoreboard.

Chitowndevil
03-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Let's not think/talk about what happens if we lose that game. There will be PLENTY of time to talk about the state of the program, or whatever, if that happens. We have been outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached (the latter perhaps understandably) and are still very much in this game. Here's to owning the final 8 minutes. NEXT PLAY.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
its not their concern to balance either. whats your point.

Lauderdevil
03-20-2008, 08:53 PM
On the brighter side, CBS hasn't switched over to another game . . .

cbfx3
Nelson has what..2 points? Singler looks scared.. Pitifull

devildownunder
I disagree, the number of wide open shots and back door layups are proof that we have no idea what we are doing defensively.Guys keep looking around as if they have no idea whom to gaurd. This is a joke, a pathetic performance

The game has taken a turn. My comments were appropriate earlier, imo, but duke's play has rapidly deteriorated since we took that 10-point lead in the 2nd half. At this moment, I agree with your assessment of the team's performance.

steely2400
Doesn't matter, our "senior" leadership has 2 points and is clueless how to assert himself. Our upper class point gaurd is careless with the ball. Our pressure defense has been a detriment and Mike refuses to change or go zone.

Chitowndevil
03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
JON. SCHEYER. Ladies and gentlemen.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
SCHEYER!!!!!!!SCHEYER!!!!!!!

Missed the FT though.

_Gary
03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
The refs are not our problem right now.

I agree. We are getting out-hustled and DeMarcus, God love him, is just playing horrible. Probably his worst game of the year. Jitters must be getting to him again like they clearly did in the UNC game. And now, Singler has picked up his fourth foul. We are in so much trouble.

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Doesn't matter, our "senior" leadership has 2 points and is clueless how to assert himself. Our upper class point gaurd is careless with the ball. Our pressure defense has been a detriment and Mike refuses to change or go zone.

Zone would be a poor idea against Belmont. They would salivate over that. Adjustments to the pressure D would make some sense, IMO, though.

indakut
...first time poster (been a fan of the site for years). I really believe Duke will pull out this win and really turn it on during the 2nd round. http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
(I certainly hope.)

YmoBeThere
It might be better for us to have Kyle on the bench...

slower
03-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Nelson has what..2 points? Singler looks scared.. Pitifull

looks pi$$ed, as well he should. And yeah, the refs do seem to be "letting them play".

Please God, can we clone Scheyer?

YmoBeThere
03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Actually, a PG that can create going to the basket is really what we need right now...IMHO. And I never understood why someone like LT would go beyond the 3 pt line to cover their fastest player who then proceeded to blow right by him. Yes, I know he's supposed to get help but...

Papa Moon
03-20-2008, 09:00 PM
henderson is the only one right now who should shoot

BD80
03-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Whoever is wearing his jersey should be arrested for identity fraud.

Do some of the players have Coach K's flu?

devildownunder
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
If I see our big men out 30 feet from the basket trying to stay in front of some supposedly overmatched lower seed's guards ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to break something, probably my own head!

At least we seem to be making a point of getting the ball to henderson now. That's a good move.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Paulus really didn't come close to saving that ball. lucky break there.

_Gary
03-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I just can't believe that we are unable to pull away from this team. I'm gonna say it again, this is a perfect storm for Belmont. Every single time that we've been one made shot away from really grabbing momentum, we miss it. And our choices on offense have been horrendous most of this game. Thank God for Gerald or we'd be gone for sure.

grossbus
03-20-2008, 09:04 PM
nelson has to be sick.

geez, I am sick.

need to finish strong!!!

dbd4ever
03-20-2008, 09:05 PM
This is effin ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Papa Moon
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM
this is by far one of nelson's worst games, and the thing i am scared about is him trying to do too much at the end. Henderson should take every shot from here on out

Chitowndevil
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM
HUGE FTs by G

freedevil
03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I am embarrassed.

bhop22
I know that Duke gets everyone's best shot, but come on. I am not one to worry about officiating and announcing, but come on. Is it just me, or have the teams down the stretch, Clempson, unc-ch, and belmont out hustling, hearting, and playing us? This is driving me crazy. I do have a theory that you get one win not playing best, i.e. UCLA in 95. I jsut can't believe what I'm watching. Where is Nelson??????

NYD33
This is ridiculous. Demarcus has to be sick. Something is wrong.

_Gary
03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
DeMarcus can't make anything. What a horrible way to end your career - if we don't get lucky and win this game. And at this point we are going to need some good luck to win because Belmont just took the lead with two minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverBlowingBubbles
I'm going to cut the head off my stuffed blue devil

Papa Moon
look at the faces on the duke bench and the coaches, they are scared. Things have got to change or this could get bad

buddy
03-20-2008, 09:10 PM
This is ridiculous. Demarcus has to be sick. Something is wrong.

I noticed this in the Carolina game. Instead of playing on, he was woofing to the refs when they didn't call a foul. He has not been a leader all year, and he is not a leader now.

_Gary
Guys, I just don't think it's meant to be. Paulus just missed a layup.

devildownunder
did paulus really just fail to finish that lay-in?

We are in serious trouble. this looks bleak.

dukebdx12
03-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I am embarrassed.

here to

fan345678
its not their concern to balance either. whats your point.

actually, it is...they balance the play by making the same kind of calls both ways

YmoBeThere
I know that Duke gets everyone's best shot, but come on. I am not one to worry about officiating and announcing, but come on. Is it just me, or have the teams down the stretch, Clempson, unc-ch, and belmont out hustling, hearting, and playing us? This is driving me crazy. I do have a theory that you get one win not playing best, i.e. UCLA in 95. I jsut can't believe what I'm watching. Where is Nelson??????

Yes, but we saw something similar last season too...

dukebdx12
did paulus really just fail to finish that lay-in?

We are in serious trouble. this looks bleak.

yea...looked like he was worried to much about contact going up and try to finish by throwing his body into the defender

dukestheheat
03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
gary or anybody,

i know a 16 has never beaten a 1, but has a 15 ever beaten a 2?

dth.

_Gary
Things have got to change or this could get bad

Things "could" get bad? If we lose this game things are bad. Really, really bad.

deuce_rawlin
Wtf???

YmoBeThere
actually, it is...they balance the play by making the same kind of calls both ways

ummmmm, no?

Papa Moon
03-20-2008, 09:13 PM
all they talked about all year was learning from the VCU loss and how hungry they have become from it. Well lets see it here boys

unexpected
heavy drinking ahead.

YmoBeThere
gary or anybody,

dth.

4 times...

_Gary
03-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Great play by Gerald and he doesn't get the roll. I just don't think it's meant to be. I know I keep harping on this, but it's a perfect storm for Belmont. We can't get any breaks at all in this second half.

steely2400
This makes me sick, K has been sorely out coached this game. Players have been pathetic, they deserve to lose and yet again be the butt of everyones jokes, have every highlight package about this tournament start with them losing. Just great :mad:

deuce_rawlin
gary or anybody,

dth.

Yes 4x before

fan345678
ummmmm, no?

my bad...I didn't know that officials were not supposed to call the game both ways

dukebdx12
03-20-2008, 09:15 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!!! no over the back!!!! duke hasn't gotten nothing this half

willywoody
03-20-2008, 09:15 PM
there's no way that's a jump ball.

ArkieDukie
03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!!! no over the back!!!! duke hasn't gotten nothing this half

That's what I thought too. Jump ball? The Belmont player was over the back to get the ball!

Grounded
03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Heart is POUNDING!!!

NYD33
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Demarcus needs to hit both. Gotta redeem himself.

ArkieDukie
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks. Please hit the foul shots.

Chard
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
this is by far one of nelson's worst games, and the thing i am scared about is him trying to do too much at the end. Henderson should take every shot from here on out

He just made up for it there, ladies and gents!

dukebdx12
Heart is POUNDING!!!

i jumped out of my seat on the ^$%^$%^$%^$%...and starting yelling when belmont rebounded and was over the back

YmoBeThere
my bad...I didn't know that officials were not supposed to call the game both ways

They don't balance the play, they call the fouls that they see...

freedevil
03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Nelson, are you consciously trying to end your career?

ArkieDukie
03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
One and one???

grossbus
03-20-2008, 09:20 PM
markie off the front of the rim...what a surprise.

slower
just perfect

CatchTheFox
Siiiiiigh

unexpected
ARG! *head pounding against the wall*

buddy
leaders lead in difficult situations. Once again, our captain just came up small.

_Gary
I knew DeMarcus would miss that front end. I knew it.

ArkieDukie
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Defense!!!

devildownunder
goodness. i feel for demarcus right now. I'm angry with him, too, but I do feel for him.

Oh goodness can we somehow, someway, PLEASE escape this game with a win. We sure don't deserve it.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
my little stuffed blue devil lives to see another day.

freedevil
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I almost wish that went in for Belmont. They deserved to win.

_Gary
Thank God for Gerald Henderson. Thank God! He's the man of the match, and if any body here votes for another player they should be ashamed. :D

unexpected
!!!!!!

I'm going to go pass out.

ArkieDukie
I told people at work that this would be more of a game than they thought. No one believed me. Man did we get lucky.

DukieInKansas
Thank God! I didn't get to start watching/listening until 58-58. Was the whole game that hard to watch?

deuce_rawlin
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Holy Crap

Lauderdevil
Next play.

CameronBornAndBred
[/U]="black"]W H E W

Chard
OH, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Props to Belmont.

slower
Thank God for Gerald Henderson. Thank God! He's the man of the match, and if any body here votes for another player they should be ashamed. :D

If anybody votes for ANYBODY, they should be ashamed.

ArkieDukie
Thank God! I didn't get to start watching/listening until 58-58. Was the whole game that hard to watch?

Yes. They weren't showing the game here; I watched all but the very end on my computer. Kudos to CBS for free online access!

dukestheheat
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
!!!!!!

I'm going to go pass out.

I think I'm going to have a heart attack and I'm a young buck; I have too many years ahead of me for this.

That was too much.

We need a major overhaul if we are to compete Saturday, that is the Word and the Bottom-Line.

dth.