PDA

View Full Version : March Madness conversation: EAST Region

JasonEvans
03-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Please make all comments about the East Regional, being played in Charlotte, in this thread.

UNC, Tenn, Louisville, Wash St

--Jason "I know the pairings don't come out until 6pm ET, but I wanted these to be out there early so we would not get a mad rush of new threads in the moments after the pairings are announced" Evans

Chard
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Place Carolina here. Rightly so.

pfrduke
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
IU could be a tough draw for UNC

dukemsu
03-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow. IU is an 8 seed. Bad, bad sign for the Big 10. Could be tough for UNC.

BCGroup
03-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Tennessee as the two seed...also could be trouble.

RelativeWays
03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Louisville is not in our bracket!!!! Yay! Heels have some tough teams in there, but nobody that outmatches them

dukemsu
03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Loaded bracket. UNC has challengers in UT, Louisville, Washington St, and Notre Dame with a dangerous 8/9 with either IU or the Hogs.

The heels can commence their whining.

Duvall
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Q: Can Dan Dakich do it again?

A. No.

Surprisingly tough draw at the #2 and #3 for UNC, though. No way did I think Tennessee would fall to #8 on the S-curve. Trying to balance out the benefits of Charlotte?

dukemsu
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Q: Can Dan Dakich do it again?

A. No.

Surprisingly tough draw at the #2 and #3 for UNC, though. No way did I think Tennessee would fall to #8 on the S-curve. Trying to balance out the benefits of Charlotte?

That has to be the explanation.

Ben63
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Suprisingly tough for the #1 #1 seed with UNC pottentialy playing Tennessee or Loiusville. I like Winthrop over WSU.

Kdogg
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
IU could be a tough draw for UNC

IU's has the talent but I think they have quit on the coach.

Classof06
03-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm with Ben63, that Washington State-Winthrop game screams upset. I also think Tennessee might struggle with Butler in the 2nd round; no team is better at getting more athletic teams to play their tempo than Butler. If the Bulldogs can force Tennessee into a half court game, the Vols might find themselves in hot water.

UNC doesn't exactly have an easy road either. Most likely they face Indiana in the 2nd round, then they'll have to be a Louisville or Tennessee team.

Classof06
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
IU's has the talent but I think they have quit on the coach.

This is DJ White's last tournament and most likely Eric Gordon's only tournament. Regardless of how they feel about their coach, they're going to playing as hard as possible.

ArkieDukie
03-16-2008, 06:24 PM
If the Hogs make it past IU, will you join me in cheering for them?!

Arkansas has the interior players to give Hansbrough trouble, but their guard play is inconsistent. When they play together they can be tough (Vandy and TN games in SEC tourney). Unfortunately they have a couple of players who like to be the man when things get out of hand, resulting in poor slot selection. I won't mention Gary Ervin by name. ;) If AR ends up playing UNC, I would expect Lawson to be the key player.

Kdogg
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
This is DJ White's last tournament and most likely Eric Gordon's only tournament. Regardless of how they feel about their coach, they're going to playing as hard as possible.

I such as heck hope so. GTHC.;)

Chard
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't see UNC not making out of this region. Dang

superdave
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Hopefully we hear DJ White calls one of these suckers this week and he and Gordon put the team on their shoulders. I'd love to see unc go down early.

Tennessee is so undisciplined but for one game, they can play great. I dont know about WSU or Louisville though. Those teams could both get upset early and I wouldnt be suprised.

juise
03-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I thought Butler's seed was a bit low, considered they were top 10/15 for a good chunk of the year. I guess they didn't have many big wins.

DukePA
03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Loaded bracket. UNC has challengers in UT, Louisville, Washington St, and Notre Dame with a dangerous 8/9 with either IU or the Hogs.

The heels can commence their whining.

The whining has reached a few gazillion decibles, poor babies :D

feldspar
03-16-2008, 08:02 PM
The committee didn't have much of a choice but to stick UNC with Tenn.

They were too afraid to put GTown in based on last year, and didn't want to put us in because...well, you know.

That left Texas and Tennessee. No brainer.

superdave
03-16-2008, 08:12 PM
will unc fans whine as much as Hansbrough falls down?

I may have to go buy an Indiana shirt. Hopefully IU makes it a date.

DukeCO2009
03-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Carolina might not make it to the regional final--Harangody vs. Hansbrough should be awesome, and I think the Irish could prevail.

coastal1
03-16-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm not seeing anything. The easy answer is playing in NC, but they couldve been the 4th #1 and still done that (UCLA -West, Memphis - South, Kansas -Midwest).

IU is the best 8 Ive seen in years. Arkansas may be the best 9 this year. No way Tennessee is the worst 2.

roywhite
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm not seeing anything. The easy answer is playing in NC, but they couldve been the 4th #1 and still done that (UCLA -West, Memphis - South, Kansas -Midwest).

IU is the best 8 Ive seen in years. Arkansas may be the best 9 this year. No way Tennessee is the worst 2.

No, they still have to play the games. Is that a surprise?

hondoheel
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I can't complain about Tennessee as a #2, I'd rather see them than Georgetown or Texas. The only possibly better seed would have been Wisconsin, which should have been a 2 seed.

IU worries me more than Notre Dame or Tenn.

FWIW, I'm pulling for you guys to kick some PAC 10 behind. You have an easy path to the Elite 8, and who knows what happens to UCLA and UConn by then.

devildeac
03-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I can't complain about Tennessee as a #2, I'd rather see them than Georgetown or Texas. The only possibly better seed would have been Wisconsin, which should have been a 2 seed.

IU worries me more than Notre Dame or Tenn.

FWIW, I'm pulling for you guys to kick some PAC 10 behind. You have an easy path to the Elite 8, and who knows what happens to UCLA and UConn by then.

A heel with a reasonable post? I figgered they'd all complain about their draw. And rooting for us? What is the world of hoops coming to? Hand-holding and singing hymns next? Seriously, thanks for the thoughts and the good wishes.

Uncle Drew
03-17-2008, 02:14 AM
After seeing the brackets I'm just glad UNC does have a cake walk to the title like they did in 05. (And that was actually due to upsets in their bracket that they didn't play anyone until the championship game.) I can't say UNC shouldn't be the odds on favorite in thsi bracket, but it looks like there could be some teams that might give them some problems.

Anything can happen in March, our boys could lose in the second round or make a Final Four. But the MOST important thing is for UNC not to win it all. Then we can pray Lawson goes pro and takes Hansbrough with him. Lawson has now seen what an injury can do, and I think he makes the jump. I can't see Hansbrough's stock rising or falling. But I can dream and hope he goes too. (Maybe Ellington will skip out as well. That would make my year!)

Go Duke, but MOST of all Go To Hell Carolina!!!!!!!!

crote
03-17-2008, 05:16 AM
If the Hogs make it past IU, will you join me in cheering for them?!

Arkansas has the interior players to give Hansbrough trouble, but their guard play is inconsistent. When they play together they can be tough (Vandy and TN games in SEC tourney). Unfortunately they have a couple of players who like to be the man when things get out of hand, resulting in poor slot selection. I won't mention Gary Ervin by name. ;) If AR ends up playing UNC, I would expect Lawson to be the key player.

You can count me in!

The Hogs and Hoosiers seem like pretty similar teams, if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if either won on Friday, and both seem at least moderately capable of taking out the Heels.

The Arkansas/UNC match up, though, that would be fun for me (and I'm sure you as well, ArkieDukie). If he's got his head on straight (and that's a big "if") Townes is a great player and smart defender. He's big enough and strong enough to give Tyler some trouble on offense, doubly so if Hill is also in the game. With those two plus Thomas, Washington, and Hunter, there are more than enough bodies to keep the Mouth Breather Of The Year in check without too much individual foul trouble, and if you can do that you've got a shot.

Ervin could probably do a decent job of keeping up with Lawson. Marcus Ginyard's defense against Sonny Weems' offense would be a GREAT battle. The Hogs have got the legs to run with the Heels, and you've got to believe Pel would have them psyched up for the game.

It's all hypothetical at this point, of course, but please, six pound five ounce baby Jesus, let this transpire.

ArkieDukie
03-17-2008, 09:07 AM
You can count me in!

The Hogs and Hoosiers seem like pretty similar teams, if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if either won on Friday, and both seem at least moderately capable of taking out the Heels.

The Arkansas/UNC match up, though, that would be fun for me (and I'm sure you as well, ArkieDukie). If he's got his head on straight (and that's a big "if") Townes is a great player and smart defender. He's big enough and strong enough to give Tyler some trouble on offense, doubly so if Hill is also in the game. With those two plus Thomas, Washington, and Hunter, there are more than enough bodies to keep the Mouth Breather Of The Year in check without too much individual foul trouble, and if you can do that you've got a shot.

Ervin could probably do a decent job of keeping up with Lawson. Marcus Ginyard's defense against Sonny Weems' offense would be a GREAT battle. The Hogs have got the legs to run with the Heels, and you've got to believe Pel would have them psyched up for the game.

It's all hypothetical at this point, of course, but please, six pound five ounce baby Jesus, let this transpire.

I was talking with someone this morning about this potential matchup, and it finally occurred to me that Ervin is one person who actually could keep up with Lawson. He's turnover prone, but he's fast as all get-out. Our big men (esp. Hill) are good on defense. The Hogs have tended to play to their perceived level of competition, and it has caught up with them a couple of times (Exhibit A: Appalachian State). They also have some unexpected wins against strong teams (Exhibit B: Vandy, twice, and Tennessee). I think that, if they get past Indiana, they'll be up for the holes. Bring it on!

hondoheel
03-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I was talking with someone this morning about this potential matchup, and it finally occurred to me that Ervin is one person who actually could keep up with Lawson. He's turnover prone, but he's fast as all get-out. Our big men (esp. Hill) are good on defense. The Hogs have tended to play to their perceived level of competition, and it has caught up with them a couple of times (Exhibit A: Appalachian State). They also have some unexpected wins against strong teams (Exhibit B: Vandy, twice, and Tennessee). I think that, if they get past Indiana, they'll be up for the holes. Bring it on!

Now see, you're counting Vandy and Tennessee as strong teams. They stink.

CDu
03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Now see, you're counting Vandy and Tennessee as strong teams. They stink.

Tennessee is a strong team. They may not be as good as UNC/Kansas/UCLA/Texas, but they are strong. They most certainly do not stink. Vandy is not as strong as Tennessee, but they also do not stink. They are a legitimate top-20 team.

Duvall
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM

I think you may be overestimating Georgetown. Jeff Green is otherwise occupied (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_green/index.html) at the moment.

Devilsfan
03-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I've got Coppin State going all the way.

prefan21
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I've got Coppin State going all the way.

There was a famous (and hilarious) Facebook bracket last year, where some girl thought that higher numbers = better teams.

She had a 16 seed beating a 15 seed for the championship. :D

hondoheel
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I think you may be overestimating Georgetown. Jeff Green is otherwise occupied (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_green/index.html) at the moment.

Yeah, but Roy Hibbert is not. And I'd rather face Chris Lofton and JuJuan Smith every day of the week instead of Jessie Sapp and Johnathan Wallace.

JasonEvans
03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I have added a poll to this thread so folks can pick ABC!!!

-Jason

freedevil
03-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Gotta agree with feldspar.

As for the poll, people think Louisville can actually beat UNC? I went with wishful thinking and picked Tennesee to win the region.

DukeFencer
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Can someone explain this quote from Parrish on CBS Sports please?

"3. The NCAA caved to political correctness: By any measuring device, the opening-round game should be between Coppin State and Mississippi Valley State. Instead, it's between Coppin State and Mount St. Mary's, and you know why that is as well as I know why that is."

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10715037

BlueBlood112883
03-17-2008, 06:46 PM

"3. The NCAA caved to political correctness: By any measuring device, the opening-round game should be between Coppin State and Mississippi Valley State. Instead, it's between Coppin State and Mount St. Mary's, and you know why that is as well as I know why that is."

They have never let two Black College teams go at it in the play in game. They would get killed for doing so, and is why they usually have just one play and give the other one from either the SWAC, Southland a automatic #16 seed. Just doing it for political correctness.

JasonEvans
03-17-2008, 09:46 PM

Gary Parish was just forced to resign from Hillary Clinton's campaign for that comment ;)

--Jason "just kidding" Evans

Mudge
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
After seeing the brackets I'm just glad UNC does have a cake walk to the title like they did in 05. (And that was actually due to upsets in their bracket that they didn't play anyone until the championship game.) I can't say UNC shouldn't be the odds on favorite in thsi bracket, but it looks like there could be some teams that might give them some problems.

I remember a 2005 UNC team that should have lost to Villanova in the regional-- and almost did, despite the fact that Villanova's best player (and really only good big player) blew out his knee (IIRC in the game before they played UNC) that year. If Villanova has that guy, they beat UNC (they almost did anyway), but then, UNC doesn't lose all those guys early, and 2006 would not have been as good for Duke, most likely. I just don't agree that UNC didn't play anybody on the way to the title game-- Villanova was better than them, but blew it at the end, despite the missing starter.

Uncle Drew
03-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I remember a 2005 UNC team that should have lost to Villanova in the regional-- and almost did, despite the fact that Villanova's best player (and really only good big player) blew out his knee (IIRC in the game before they played UNC) that year. If Villanova has that guy, they beat UNC (they almost did anyway), but then, UNC doesn't lose all those guys early, and 2006 would not have been as good for Duke, most likely. I just don't agree that UNC didn't play anybody on the way to the title game-- Villanova was better than them, but blew it at the end, despite the missing starter.

I had forgotten about THAT game. Actually after that season I tried to forget the whole season and pretend it didn't happen. UNC SHOULD have lost that game and if it hadn't been for a couple bad calls from the refs they would have, especially a travel call when it should have been a UNC foul. Then again I think if the guy who blew out his knee had never gotten hurt Nova would have been a higher seed and thus probably not playing UNC. I still have flashbacks of Mays barreling into guys around the basket against Illinois and either getting no call or a foul on Illinois. So much of the NCAA tournament has a lot to do with how teams match up against one another. But I also think what conference the refs come from plays a big role too. If you get some Big East refs that will let a mugging go on and it works in a physical teams favor. And a ref quick to call a technical can be a bad thing for a vocal coach.

dukelion
03-18-2008, 10:00 AM
should scare UNC the most.

I don't think UNC has played anyone this season with a dominant post player like Harangody.

Hansbrough might actually have to play defense and might actually pick up some fouls for once.

Troublemaker
03-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I think you're right. I completely forgot about Notre Dame, who, relative to seed, wouldn't be all that bad a matchup for the Heels. On a good shooting day, I agree that they can be a threatening 5 seed to have in that bracket.

ClosetHurleyFan
03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
should scare UNC the most.

I don't think UNC has played anyone this season with a dominant post player like Harangody.

Hansbrough might actually have to play defense and might actually pick up some fouls for once.

I think if you will watch a little more carefully, you will find that Hansborough plays good defense in most games....he is never going to be a shot blocker, but plays good position defense, somewhat opportunistic with steals and hussles his butt off getting back on fast break defensive situations.

The1Bluedevil
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Can anyone think of one meaningful game were TH was in foul trouble? I can't think of one time.

whereinthehellami
03-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I got Winthrop beating WSU. Can anyone talk me out of it?

The guy that won the ESPN bracket last year, Derrick Fleming, called Mason over ND. I had ND winning two games. Any thoughts on that?

JasonEvans
03-18-2008, 04:33 PM
If you have not voted in the poll-- you've got a little less than 2 days left.

Currently, half the folks are going to UNC and a quarter like the #2 and #3 seeds.

-Jason

NashvilleDevil
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
How is it determined which #1 seed gets to play the winner of the play-in? Is it the #1 overall seed or just a #1 seed that plays on Friday?

BCGroup
03-18-2008, 06:59 PM
overall number 1 seed

NashvilleDevil
03-18-2008, 07:02 PM
It started in 2001 how many times has Duke been the overall #1 seed and they have yet to play the winner of that game.

brevity
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
How is it determined which #1 seed gets to play the winner of the play-in? Is it the #1 overall seed or just a #1 seed that plays on Friday?

Just a #1 seed that plays on Friday.

Not sure, but this may be the first time it's the overall #1 seed. I was surprised to see that when the brackets were announced. I would have assumed the play-in winner would face Memphis in Little Rock on Friday.

BCGroup
03-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Pained me to vote for UNC, but I just don't believe Tennessee can make it. I do think Notre Dame will do well, just not convinced they can make it all the way through.

BlueBlood112883
03-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I went with the Ville. Something about not having Tenn around after Butler takes em out, and UNC going down early opens the door wide open for them. If they somehow meet UNC I think their 2-3 zone gives them fits, and so does Padgett for Hansbro.

JasonEvans
03-21-2008, 02:04 PM
...they just don't know they are supposed to roll over and die.

5 minutes left in Tennessee's game with American and American trails 53-51. Very close game and frankly, American doesn't look nearly as good as Belmont did.

--Jason "isn't the tourney fun when it is not your team in trouble?" Evans

EarlJam
03-21-2008, 02:05 PM
They are now going through exactly what Duke went through last night.

-EarlJam

EarlJam
03-21-2008, 02:06 PM
...they just don't know they are supposed to roll over and die.

5 minutes left in Tennessee's game with American and American trails 53-51. Very close game and frankly, American doesn't look nearly as good as Belmont did.

--Jason "isn't the tourney fun when it is not your team in trouble?" Evans

Amen. We must have simultaneously posted (SPed). Feel free to move my thread. Yes, what a relief when it's not YOUR team!

-EJ

JasonEvans
03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Amen. We must have simultaneously posted (SPed). Feel free to move my thread. Yes, what a relief when it's not YOUR team!

-EJ

Mine went live 1 minute earlier, so my thread stays and your's gets merged. Haha!

--Jason "Tenn by 5 now, 58-53, with 3 1/2 mins remaining" Evans

EarlJam
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Mine went live 1 minute earlier, so my thread stays and your's gets merged. Haha!

--Jason "Tenn by 5 now, 58-53, with 3 1/2 mins remaining" Evans

Did you see Adam Morrison on the sideline of the Gonzaga game? He looks like Jesus. Or Eddie Vetter in the 90s.

-EJ

Saratoga2
03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
American hung with Tennessee for three quarters of the game. Another 2 and 15 matchup, and Tennessee thought they might have earned a #1 seed or at least a #2 seed out of UNC's region.

juise
03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Georgetown's not doing much better with UMBC. The only #2 that's really come out strong is Texas, it seems.

BCGroup
03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats to Jeff and Oklahoma for their victory!

jipops
03-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats to Jeff and Oklahoma for their victory!

Nice win for the Sooners. A possible matchup with Louisville could be a great game. I loved the way Capel's team played today. Offensively they were brilliant and defensively they completely shut down St Joe's in the 1st half.

EarlJam
03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Close game. Who are ya'll pulling for?

After, 2002, I find myself pulling for Arkansas (the 1994 thing being a distant memory)

-EJ

jipops
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Close game. Who are ya'll pulling for?

After, 2002, I find myself pulling for Arkansas (the 1994 thing being a distant memory)

-EJ

IU, that's my pick. Not looking good right now.

NYC Duke Fan
03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I know it is only 2 games but from what I have seen so far, UNC looks like the best team in the tournament. Can they be beaten...of course, but with Lawson back now and Hansbrough probably the best player in the tournament, not named Curry, the 2008 National Championship Banner will most like likely be hanging from the Dean Dome shortly.

_Gary
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I know it is only 2 games but from what I have seen so far, UNC looks like the best team in the tournament. Can they be beaten...of course, but with Lawson back now and Hansbrough probably the best player in the tournament, not named Curry, the 2008 National Championship Banner will most like likely be hanging from the Dean Dome shortly.

And too my greatest chagrin, that will signal an official changing of the guards in the ACC (although I personally think that was already obvious). We have some serious work to do in order to catch up, and I'm afraid it's going to take a least two years just to draw even. Much will depend on how much the NBA defection bug bites UNC this off season. If it's significant we could pull even next year. But if something crazy happens and their guys all return they will be just as dominant next year. Ughhh...

Gary

rockymtn devil
03-23-2008, 07:59 PM

I agree that, thus far, Carolina appears to be way ahead of the field (although Louisville was equally impressive today). I'm not certain how they'll do against a team that plays well on both ends of the court. UCLA struggled last night, but they are a veteran team with tournament experience and an incredible talent (Love). They also find ways to win. UCLA yesterday reminded me of Ohio State last year. The Buckeyes should've lost to Xavier. And they should've lost to Tennessee. But they survived and advanced and played Florida pretty tough in the title game. I still like the Bruins to win it all. But Carolina has certainly impressed this weekend.

JasonEvans
03-24-2008, 10:27 AM

You say "the 2008 National Championship Banner will most like likely be hanging from the Dean Dome" but do you really think there is a 50-50 chance the TarHeels win the title at this point? Think carefully before you (or anyone else) answers. The Heels still have 4 games to go against some very good teams. In fact, I think Carolina's path to the national championship is the toughest path of any #1 seed left in the tournament.

Wash State is almost certainly the best defensive team in the tournament and has loads of quickness in the backcourt to keep Lawson out of dangerous places. They've got a pair of big fellas (6-10) who can body up to the Carolina big men and make if hard for Hasbro to get his low post position. Carolina has largely been a team that relied on outscoring the opposition to succeed this year, not a team that thrived on playing great D (though they played quite well against Duke in Durham). It will be interesting to see how they respond when they have an opponent who can keep them from scoring at will.

After that comes either Louisville or Tennessee -- two teams who certainly have the athletes and skill to stay with UNC in a way that precious few teams can. Tennessee has always been considered the strongest #2 seed in the tourney and I think Louisville or Stanford are the strongest #3 seeds. Again, Carolina would be a favorite over either of them, but not at all an overwhelming one. I bet Vegas puts out a pointspread of no more than 3 or maybe 4 points for that matchup.

Then comes the Final Four and, I think, a matchup against Roy's old team. Wow, what a war that will be!! Think the Kansas kids havn't heard a little bit about what it was like when Roy left? Think they won't be extra pumped for this game?! Whew, I'd rate that game a toss-up.

And, if they have won those then they still have to win against someone in the national championship game. I have no idea who it will be but certainly teams like Memphis, UCLA, Stanford, and Texas have rosters capable of giving Carolina one heck of a tough game.

Bottom line -- Carolina may be the favorite to win the national title right now, I can go with that I suppose, but I'd give them no better than maybe a 25 or 30% chance of winning it. I mean, do you really think their odds are all that much better than Memphis, Kansas, or UCLA? I think Kansas and UCLA both have much easier roads to the Final Four than Carolina does -- in fact it ain't even close in my mind.

So, if you feel so strongly that Carolina is gonna win it-- lets make a bet ;)

--Jason "I give you Carolina, you give me every other team in the field... name the bet" Evans

Highlander
03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Against MSM's UNC was 43-71 from the field for 60%. However they also got 17 offensive boards.

Against Arkansas, UNC was 44-65 for 68%, and added an additional 10 offensive boards.

That means that in both of their games so far, there were only 11 shots on offense that didn't either go in, or result in a UNC rebound.

I don't care who you're playing. You shoot 60% or better from the field and grab 10 or more offensive rebounds with >10 turnovers, you are going to win, and win big. You don't even have to play defense to do it (and UNC did, btw).

As for your bet Jason, I can't take you up on it because I could never live with myself if I won. Picking UNC to win it all and shaming a Duke fan in the process is just wrong. I'd rather watch the West Virginia and '04 UConn games again on a big screen in the Dean Dome than to ever do that.