PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Clemson

Jumbo
03-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Who was the Man of the Match in the ACC Tourney game against Clemson?

Saratoga2
03-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Who was the Man of the Match in the ACC Tourney game against Clemson?

I voted for Paulus but also thought Scheyer could have been MOTM. Zoubek played very well and McClure looked good as well.

phaedrus
03-15-2008, 07:48 PM
McClure, for heart.

devildeac
03-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Tough call. I went with GP for keeping us alive at times but he had ZERO assists with 2 TO. JS did not shoot well. DN was 0/4 from 3 but had 9 boards and o/w shot well. DM played good D and solid minutes but needs to be more of a threat on O to get the MOTM vote.

Bob Green
03-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I voted for Brian Zoubek. He played 20 minutes and put together a solid stat line: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, and a blocked shot. I would've liked to see him on the court the last five minutes of the game.

Saratoga2
03-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I voted for Brian Zoubek. He played 20 minutes and put together a solid stat line: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, and a blocked shot. I would've liked to see him on the court the last five minutes of the game.

I wanted to get him back for much more of the second half as soon as he had a brief rest. When he played, we seemed to be winning. Every time he came in the team made positive moves. Clearly he still makes errors like traveling, but so do all the others. Perhaps the end of the game is not the best use for him since his free throw shooting is probably the worst on the team.

It seems that coach K prefers the smaller more mobile players over the larger slower guys. That may work best against some teams, but it didn't work against Clemson. Coach K must not have seen Brian's contribution as being that meaningful, since he sat him on the bench when the game started going in Clemson's direction.

Heaven forbid, we will be in the same situation next year. We only have one sturdy recruit and can't really expect him to make a big contribution in his freshman year.

CDu
03-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I could have voted for Zoubek, because I felt he gave some really productive minutes. I could have gone with Paulus for some good shooting at times. But I felt that Nelson had the best game overall. He was my MVP.

Tough game for Singler and Thomas. Hopefully they bounce back quickly. And hopefully Henderson is okay.

Son of Jarhead
03-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Agreed. Heart is a very good word choice. Dave has been playing very well of late.

socaldukie
03-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Jon; while making some mistakes I thought played very well. And, he once again made some "key" plays throughout.

I still believe we allowed Clemsone to dictate the pace tonight.

trinitydevil
03-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Oliver Purnell

moonpie23
03-16-2008, 08:28 AM
clemson's foul-shooting down the stretch... :(

weezie
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
One last comment, Jon is going to end up being one of the smartest, toughest and most respected players to ever set foot on Coach K Court. He's simply brilliant....mark my words.

mgtr
03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
I voted for Scheyer because of all the small things he does. In my heart of hearts, however, I wanted to vote for McClure and Zoubek. How those guys stepped up. Several other players on our team need to watch the video over and over of these guys, and how they put forth about 150%. I love it.

VTBaller03
03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
One last comment, Jon is going to end up being one of the smartest, toughest and most respected players to ever set foot on Coach K Court. He's simply brilliant....mark my words.

Agreed! I love watching Jon play, he's so mentally tough and his hoops IQ is off the charts. The play where he drew the foul on the three point shot was brilliant. Too bad, the same refs weren't there for the UNC game...:mad:

devildeac
03-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Agreed! I love watching Jon play, he's so mentally tough and his hoops IQ is off the charts. The play where he drew the foul on the three point shot was brilliant. Too bad, the same refs weren't there for the UNC game...:mad:

You noticed, too. Some agreed with the no call but they loooked VERY similar to me-fake, get the defender off his feet and then go up for the shot...