03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Beat the hell out of Carolina!

pamtar
03-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Won't happen.

rthomas
03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Won't happen.

Yea, but I'm pulling for them. Go to Hell Carolina! And I'm now gettting drunk.

YmoBeThere
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Hoping for Carolina misery just isn't the same as winning...

Lavabe
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I wonder if the UNC Thought Police (a.k.a., Charlotte ushers) will allow the Tigers to yell GTHC, GTH!

Although I am mad at the loss today, I will pull for Klemnop!

rsvman
03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Won't happen.

They almost pulled it off twice in the regular season. UNC did not look sharp today.

I say if Clemson can continue to make free throws, they will beat UNC.

BobbyFan
03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I hope they win too, but I won't be watching.

pamtar
03-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Yea, but I'm pulling for them. Go to Hell Carolina! And I'm now gettting drunk.

I just downed a beer, going for the liquor cabinet.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I hope they win too, but I won't be watching.

Ditto. I've had enough basketball-related agony in the last week.

YmoBeThere
03-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I'll admit that I will check the score on occasion and if Clemson has a shot then I will watch the ending.

dukelifer
03-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Beat the hell out of Carolina!

As much as I would love that to happen- it will not. Clemson will not play like this two days in a row. They may have a lead again- but I don't expect them to make their throws like they did tonight. UNC has been excellent in close games and I expect this to be no different. UNC had their scare today- they will win - probably by 8 or 10.

captmojo
03-15-2008, 06:32 PM
As much as I would love that to happen- it will not. Clemson will not play like this two days in a row. They may have a lead again- but I don't expect them to make their throws like they did tonight. UNC has been excellent in close games and I expect this to be no different. UNC had their scare today- they will win - probably by 8 or 10.

Two days? Try three.

BCGroup
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I was at today's game (great except the final score). Clemson looked really good, and come on, if we aren't in the game, don't you want to pull for someone who hasn't even been to the finals in 46 years! Go Clemson!

thomas
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I know I am irritable after today's loss. Congrats to Clemson for a well-played game. But i am so tired of going to ACC tournaments and Carolina fans being right in the heart of the Duke section, cheering not just for Carolina (which is obnoxious but understandable) but also so loudly against Duke. And not for just one game, but for the entire tournament.

Who are these Duke fans, presumably fellow Iron Dukes, who sell their tickets to Carolina fans? Why not sell or give away the tickets to a known Duke fan? Should I report the seats to the ID office?

I am really sick of this, and wonder if others feel the same. It ruins an otherwise fun experience for many people. And yes, i am irritable, so be careful provoking me further.......

cbarry
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll admit that I will check the score on occasion and if Clemson has a shot then I will watch the ending.
That'll probably be my strategy too. No way Klempson even hits 50% of their FTs tomorrow vs. UNC. There is just too much history for Klempson to beat the holes.

And YmoBeThere, I disagree with your prior post. Carolina misery IS as good as a Duke win. I'd rather take a Duke win, but a Carolina loss is a close second!

Let's go Duke!

The Gordog
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I know I am irritable after today's loss. Congrats to Clemson for a well-played game. But i am so tired of going to ACC tournaments and Carolina fans being right in the heart of the Duke section, cheering not just for Carolina (which is obnoxious but understandable) but also so loudly against Duke. And not for just one game, but for the entire tournament.

Who are these Duke fans, presumably fellow Iron Dukes, who sell their tickets to Carolina fans? Why not sell or give away the tickets to a known Duke fan? Should I report the seats to the ID office?

I am really sick of this, and wonder if others feel the same. It ruins an otherwise fun experience for many people. And yes, i am irritable, so be careful provoking me further.......
Yes, you should report this. It is wrong and those people should be punished.

BCGroup
03-15-2008, 09:16 PM
It was definitely a Carolina crowd today--didn't matter where you were sitting. I had a good view of the Duke section, and it looked all Duke blue to me, unlike the entire rest of the arena! Sadly, I'm sure the scalpers help with this. And although there are always scalpers, it sure seemed worse this tourney.

VaDukie
03-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Hear Hear. My section had waaaay too much light blue. It was very upsetting.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse tomorrow.

DukePA
03-15-2008, 10:04 PM
They don't call Charlotte "chapel hill west" for nothing. For the record, I would never, ever sell or give my ticket to a hole. No amount of money would be worth it to me. GTHC.

CrazyCat
03-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Agreed, I would rather eat a cactus and swallow it with battery acid then sell my tickets to a Tarhole. This is just down right wrong if you ask me.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-15-2008, 11:18 PM
a lot of people in a hurry to sell (business meetings, kids sick, etc...) really don't take the time to ask what team you root for when selling tickets.... and if they do - if your a UNC fan trying to score a seat in the middle of the iron dukes - you tell a little white lie! maybe we should request a full wardrobe inspection before sales are final on tickets!

i suggest you just cheer extra loud and hush them out - leave the whining to the tarholes.

in a perfect world - everyone would use dbr's ticket exchange forum.

hondoheel
03-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you do with your tickets now?

camcraz25
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I wonder if the UNC Thought Police (a.k.a., Charlotte ushers) will allow the Tigers to yell GTHC, GTH!

Although I am mad at the loss today, I will pull for Klemnop!

The ushers didn't ban fans from saying GTHC did they? If so, I totally missed it. But I will be there tomorrow cheering for klempson!

camcraz25
03-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Scalpers were selling today's tickets for prices through the roof. Face was $70 for the session (both games)...they were going anywhere between $175 and $500 per seat! Apparently quite a few arrests were made this morning, probably because the prices went ridiculously high. Good! I try as much as possible to buy and sell from real fans, and I usually get the best deals that way and feel best about not supporting the scalping industry, argh!

VaDukie
03-16-2008, 12:27 AM

Go to the game and root for Clemson. 9F

OZZIE4DUKE
03-16-2008, 01:19 AM

GO TIGERS! 9F!
GO TIGERS! 9F!
GO TIGERS! 9F!
GO TIGERS! 9F!
GO TIGERS! 9F!
GO TIGERS! 9F!

thomas
03-16-2008, 07:39 AM
I sold them to a Clemson fan for face value after being offered much much more by a number of light blue fans as I left the building with my son.

I think if you are fortunate enough to obtain ACC tickets, you don't sell them casually at the water fountain. You call other Duke fans, or call the Duke ticket office or ID office, or post them on DBR.

Maybe I should post the exact seat I'm referring to.....nah......I'll just let the ID office know.

devilish
03-16-2008, 08:01 AM
If you contribute enough money to the Iron Dukes (15 grand this year) to be eligible for tournament tickets you should be able to sell them to anyone you want!

Lid
03-16-2008, 08:50 AM
We are (sadly) going to be driving between Charlotte and Atlanta today during the tourney final instead of being firmly planted in front of a TV. I haven't had any luck finding links to radio stations which will broadcasting the games, particularly around Greenville SC. If anyone is local there, or has info, would you please post stations that have the game? I'm sure it won't be hard around Charlotte, but on our trip up on Thursday, there seemed to be a big radio hole in SC. Thanks!

DukePA
03-16-2008, 09:12 AM
If you contribute enough money to the Iron Dukes (15 grand this year) to be eligible for tournament tickets you should be able to sell them to anyone you want!

Of course, but if you are a Duke supporter and able to contribute $15,000+ to the Iron Dukes, is it worth it to sell your tickets in the middle of the Duke section (or anywhere in the arena for that matter) to unc fans?

OZZIE4DUKE
03-16-2008, 11:09 AM
We are (sadly) going to be driving between Charlotte and Atlanta today during the tourney final instead of being firmly planted in front of a TV. I haven't had any luck finding links to radio stations which will broadcasting the games, particularly around Greenville SC. If anyone is local there, or has info, would you please post stations that have the game? I'm sure it won't be hard around Charlotte, but on our trip up on Thursday, there seemed to be a big radio hole in SC. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Clemson radio network will be broadcasting the game, and you should certainly be able to pick that up around Greenville. I would think that the GT station in Atlanta would also have the game.

Pam
03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Now, you have to admit that was pretty funny! :D

BlueHeaven
03-16-2008, 01:48 PM
The championship game has been blacked out in So. Fla. I want to pitch my remote control through the television. I am so aggravated. I wasn't able to see the Duke game yesterday either for the same reason. I am, however, watching on espn 360. What's with the opera? It's annoying.

willywoody
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
they must think y'all are in a raycom network area. call your cable provider and raise hell.

Pam
03-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I realized after I posted this that it wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't seen the ESPN pre-game show. They played a clip of Hansbrough playing a game of ping-pong with a friend. The person who scores the first 2 points gets to throw the ping-pong ball at the other players bare chest - that player has to pull his shirt over his head to bare his chest. Hansbrough admitted that it was embarrassing to be the one who gets hit because it leaves a welt and kind of hurts. Not as funny in the retelling, but the clip made me giggle and I haven't felt much like giggling since yesterday.

Bluedog
03-16-2008, 02:03 PM
You're probably are in Raycom territory. Check it out here: http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031108aac.html Although perhaps you're in an area that is only on ACC Select and ESPN Full Court, so you might not get those.

In my area, it was pretty strange. I watched the first 10 min of the game on ESPN, which was supposed to be blacked out, and then all of a sudden ESPNEWS came on. So, I changed to Raycom at that point....

JasonEvans
03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
10:27 left and Carolina just got away with one of the most ridiculous fouls you will ever see as Stephenson falls into Mays and knocks Mays down and the ref says, "out of bounds on Clemson. Carolina ball."

If we come back from break and Oliver Purnell's head is splattered all over the floor, now you will know why. I'd be going insane if I was him.

--Jason "this Clemson team is prtty darn good-- though they are not playing as well as they did yesterday" Evans

Chard
03-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Clemson is not hitting the shots they were yesterday. Why couldn't they play like this yesterday. Damn, Clemson!

_Gary
03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Clemson is not hitting the shots they were yesterday. Why couldn't they play like this yesterday. Damn, Clemson!

Don't tell me you really expected otherwise. This is UNC we are talking about. King of the "gimmes". There is no team in the history of college basketball that has worked less to have so much. Not even a close second. Everyone either lays down for them from the start or just plain screws up at the end of game and gives it away.

Troublemaker
03-16-2008, 02:44 PM
To be fair, Carolina is a great team. They put a lot of pressure on opponents because they just keep scoring, especially with Lawson getting his wheels back. Clemson may not be playing as well but much of that (all of that?) is because UNC puts so much pressure on them.

Troublemaker
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Also, UNC continues to play great ball when they go small with Green at the 4 (although he just fouled out).

freedevil
03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I strongly dislike Carolina. Just wanted to share that with you all. And I had to counteract Troublemaker's compliments of UNC.

Chard
03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Don't tell me you really expected otherwise. This is UNC we are talking about. King of the "gimmes". There is no team in the history of college basketball that has worked less to have so much. Not even a close second. Everyone either lays down for them from the start or just plain screws up at the end of game and gives it away.

Yes, I did expect Clemson to play better. The first two games indicated that they were on a hot streak. Today, they aren't hitting the same shot and are shooting worse at the stripe.

Plus, there is the whole beating a team three times in a season thing.

Troublemaker
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Strongly dislike? I effing LOATHE these effers. But credit where due and all that.

_Gary
03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, I did expect Clemson to play better. The first two games indicated that they were on a hot streak. Today, they aren't hitting the same shot and are shooting worse at the stripe.

Plus, there is the whole beating a team three times in a season thing.

I understand your thinking. And it would be right on if we were talking about any other team. But we are talking about UNC. People think I'm joking about them being given championships (ACC & NCAA) but I'm not. They truly are the "luckiest" team I've ever seen in my life. I'm not saying they aren't legitimately great this year. They are. But I've also never seen a team that has benefited more from other teams laying down or making stupid unforced errors at the end of games. Case in point: Nice to see Mayes brick two free throws at the end of this ACCT game when he couldn't miss yesterday against Duke. It is truly uncanny how teams play up to Duke and down to UNC.

FerryFor50
03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I understand your thinking. And it would be right on if we were talking about any other team. But we are talking about UNC. People think I'm joking about them being given championships (ACC & NCAA) but I'm not. They truly are the "luckiest" team I've ever seen in my life. I'm not saying they aren't legitimately great this year. They are. But I've also never seen a team that has benefited more from other teams laying down or making stupid unforced errors at the end of games.

Like Chris Webber calling a timeout when he had none? :p

_Gary
03-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Like Chris Webber calling a timeout when he had none? :p

Exactly. Or how about Brown (I think it was him) throwing it right to Worthy!

Chard
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I understand your thinking. And it would be right on if we were talking about any other team. But we are talking about UNC. People think I'm joking about them being given championships (ACC & NCAA) but I'm not. They truly are the "luckiest" team I've ever seen in my life. I'm not saying they aren't legitimately great this year. They are. But I've also never seen a team that has benefited more from other teams laying down or making stupid unforced errors at the end of games. Case in point: Nice to see Mayes brick two free throws at the end of this ACCT game when he couldn't miss yesterday against Duke. It is truly uncanny how teams play up to Duke and down to UNC.

I understand what you are saying. I think we are saying the same thing in a way. Clemson saw Duke and played lights out. Clemson saw UNC and played tenatively. They didn't hit the shots they were hitting yesterday. UNC did do what they had to in order to beat Clemson so lets not take that away from them. Instead of pulling up for a silly 3 or turning over the ball after beating the Clemson press, UNC took it to the hoop.

This weekend keeps getting worse. All we need to have happen now is for Duke to get sent out west.

_Gary
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
I understand what you are saying. I think we are saying the same thing in a way. Clemson saw Duke and played lights out. Clemson saw UNC and played tenatively.

Exactly! I'm so tired of hearing a commentator tell us that "so and so" team isn't scared of the name on the front of the jersey when they are playing Duke. What the heck! Teams haven't been intimidated by Duke in a long, long time. Probably not since 1994, and certainly not since 2001. No one is going to tell me that UNC takes the same hits we do. It's not even close. Duke takes opposing teams best shots like no one else in the nation.

sandinmyshoes
03-16-2008, 03:24 PM
In a game of spurts, UNC just had more of them. We can whine about Clemson not shooting as well from the free throw line as they did against us, but UNC didn't shoot from the line as well as they usually do. I would imagine that some of that for both teams could have been because of the energy drain from what it takes to get into the championship game of a tourney.

Coballs
03-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I was definitely much happier when we were beating carolina 15 out 17 games.

ClosetHurleyFan
03-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Are you serious? Cant possibly be because Carolina, now that Copeland and Graves are getting consistent minutes, goes legitimate 10 deep, are in better shape than most teams, play with poise late in close games as they have all year, and are turning into a good defensive team? Cant be because they have 2 legitimate starters at point guard now, that Green is playing amazing floor games.....nah, couldnt possibly be due to that. When Clemson took the lead from 13 to 5 in about 30 seconds, guess that was a gimme? Is it possibly that Carolina legitimately controlled the last 5 minutes of this game against a very good and physical basketball team?

Please.....

_Gary
03-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Are you serious? Cant possibly be because Carolina, now that Copeland and Graves are getting consistent minutes, goes legitimate 10 deep, are in better shape than most teams, play with poise late in close games as they have all year, and are turning into a good defensive team? Cant be because they have 2 legitimate starters at point guard now, that Green is playing amazing floor games.....nah, couldnt possibly be due to that. When Clemson took the lead from 13 to 5 in about 30 seconds, guess that was a gimme? Is it possibly that Carolina legitimately controlled the last 5 minutes of this game against a very good and physical basketball team?

Please.....

Go ahead and crow, you have every right. It just prepares me for what I'll have to listen to for the next several days from my Tar Baby friend. :D

I did give this current Heel team credit. But I stand by my assertion that their overall history is one where teams (especially in the ACC) lay down/play down to them. And yeah, they were helped to two national titles by the opposing team in the final seconds of two very close games. That's just the facts.

calltheobvious
03-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Go ahead and crow, you have every right. It just prepares me for what I'll have to listen to for the next several days from my Tar Baby friend. :D

I did give this current Heel team credit. But I stand by my assertion that their overall history is one where teams (especially in the ACC) lay down/play down to them. And yeah, they were helped to two national titles by the opposing team in the final seconds of two very close games. That's just the facts.

Do you really think there's anything non-random going on here? My guess is that Duke's opponents have done similar things with about the same frequency over the years, but as Duke fans we're likely to perceive such events as "Duke making plays" rather than "the opponents rolling over." Not trying to be contentious; I'm willing to be persuaded that there's something interesting going on here.

Brian12215
03-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Exactly. Or how about Brown (I think it was him) throwing it right to Worthy!

Or Illinois missing like 40 threes?

_Gary
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Or Illinois missing like 40 threes?

True. I was willing to give UNC credit for at least one of them, but you've persuaded me to rethink that one as well. Let's add it to the list. :)

AnimalFriendly
03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
"But I stand by my assertion that their overall history is one where teams (especially in the ACC) lay down/play down to them."

You must be really young to make a statement like that. For your sake, I sure hope so.

As for being "helped" to national titles, re: the 2003 title, the real facts are that 1. Webber got away with perhaps the most egregious travel in NCAA tournament history - nobody was even anywhere near him; 2. Carolina deserved at least some, if not most, of the credit for forcing him to make the mental error that he did with the nonexistant T.O. - go back & look at their defense on the play - enough said; 3. the only player for Michigan who had hit 3 pointers reliably during that game was, in fact, on the bench when Webber called the T.O. and 4. Michigan was already DOWN two points when the T.O. was called.