PDA

View Full Version : Miami vs. Va Tech

JasonEvans
03-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Miami is in no matter what, even if they lose this game... right?

Va Tech much win to get in, right? The Hokies are up 7, 49-42 as I type this, with only about 6 minutes left.

All the other bubble teams losing really helps Va Tech, I think.

--Jason "it'd be nice for the ACC to get 5 -- but not if Va Tech is gonna lay an egg in the dance, ya know?" Evans

whereinthehellami
03-14-2008, 04:18 PM
They are playing good ball right now. Playing together. Depending on the match-ups they could win a couple of games in the dance. The thing they don't need to do right now is play UNC, the team that destroyed them a few weeks ago. It could kill the confidence they have developed. Seth said after that game that the team came together instead of collapsing. VT is going to be solid team next year in the ACC.

Lavabe
03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
They are playing good ball right now. Playing together. Depending on the match-ups they could win a couple of games in the dance. The thing they don't need to do right now is play UNC, the team that destroyed them a few weeks ago. It could kill the confidence they have developed. Seth said after that game that the team came together instead of collapsing. VT is going to be solid team next year in the ACC.

With all due respect, Washington vs. Beaker might be interesting to watch. THAT could be a lot of fun.

NOT that there would be alot of hard physical fouls or anything.:rolleyes:
Cheers,
Lavabe

Bob Green
03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Zero "quality wins" is the down check on VT's NCAA resume. They have the opportunity to erase that shortcoming with a victory over Carolina. Personally, I think VT is NIT bound.

wisteria
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
VT won over Maimi. VT may be in now, I guess. There are so few bubbles this year.

The funny thing is that the Maryland fans chanted "NIT" to VT. That game, VT came back big time to sweep Maryland. And things went downhill for Maryland ever since then. Now...it's Maryland that's heading to NIT.

Troublemaker
03-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Miami is in no matter what, even if they lose this game... right?

Va Tech much win to get in, right? The Hokies are up 7, 49-42 as I type this, with only about 6 minutes left.

All the other bubble teams losing really helps Va Tech, I think.

--Jason "it'd be nice for the ACC to get 5 -- but not if Va Tech is gonna lay an egg in the dance, ya know?" Evans

Depends on what you mean by laying an egg. Going by their very impressive results of the last 6 games or so, VT is probably a better team than Miami right now and possibly equal to Clemson. But if they make the tournament, it'll probably be as an 11 seed or so, and a first-round loss is probably better than 50/50. But I don't expect that VT will get blown out again this season. Not even tomorrow against the Heels.