PDA

View Full Version : Paulus on Dan Patrick show RIGHT NOW

Highlander
03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Listen Live...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

Highlander
03-14-2008, 09:33 AM
My audio cut out in the middle, but there was something about Greg liking Shirley Temples.

Patrick asked him if he filled out a bracket, and Greg said he did not. Patrick asked him if he helped pretty girls on campus with theirs, and he said he'd just tell them to pick Duke. Patrick responded "So you think Duke's going to win it all?" and Greg backpeddled a bit. Patrick pressed him a few times to name teams Greg thought were better than Duke, and Greg wouldn't give him the bulletin board material he was fishing so intently before.

Anyone hear the rest of the interview? Now they're talking about why people say they hate Paulus.

happydays1949
03-14-2008, 09:37 AM
My audio cut out in the middle, but there was something about Greg liking Shirley Temples.

Patrick asked him if he filled out a bracket, and Greg said he did not. Patrick asked him if he helped pretty girls on campus with theirs, and he said he'd just tell them to pick Duke. Patrick responded "So you think Duke's going to win it all?" and Greg backpeddled a bit. Patrick pressed him a few times to name teams Greg thought were better than Duke, and Greg wouldn't give him the bulletin board material he was fishing so intently before.

Anyone hear the rest of the interview? Now they're talking about why people say they hate Paulus.

All I heard is how they hate Paulus. It really blows my mind to hear 40 year men talking about how they hate 20 year old kids.

TwoDukeTattoos
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
All I heard is how they hate Paulus. It really blows my mind to hear 40 year men talking about how they hate 20 year old kids.

I remember when JJ was a senior, he said in an interview that Paulus would be the next nemesis. Because of Paulus's up and down performance over his first two years, that hadn't quite been the case. However, this year he has displayed more consistency both as a shooter and a passer. So now, his competive demeanor is now drawing more attention. He's not quite as "annoying" as Wojo, and not as talented as Hurley, but he doesn fall somewhere in between. If you couple that with his allstar football background, it's quite understandble why he has become more "hated" during the course of this season. Plus, he wears a Duke uniform.

dukegirlinsc
03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Is there anywhere online to listen to this?

Edit: found it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/streamingaudio/

wumhenry
03-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I remember when JJ was a senior, he said in an interview that Paulus would be the next nemesis. Because of Paulus's up and down performance over his first two years, that hadn't quite been the case. However, this year he has displayed more consistency both as a shooter and a passer. So now, his competive demeanor is now drawing more attention. He's not quite as "annoying" as Wojo, and not as talented as Hurley, but he doesn fall somewhere in between. If you couple that with his allstar football background, it's quite understandble why he has become more "hated" during the course of this season. Plus, he wears a Duke uniform.
My guess is that Duke haters focus their ire on him largely because he is to all appearances the team's de facto on-court leader.

IUGrad03
03-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I've heard them twice say Greg will be gone after this year and they would need a replacement for the "most hated"? Where do they get there information?

Shammrog
03-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I've heard them twice say Greg will be gone after this year and they would need a replacement for the "most hated"? Where do they get there information?

NBA Draft, evidently... ;)

Not surprising - the large collection of slobs at ESPN has really gone downhill the last 2-3 years, though I am not necessarily referring specifically to anyone.

The guy who rates "NBA prospects" had a slew of Duke players listed - albeit some of them as "second round to undrafted." But, for several months until very recently, he didn't even include DeMarcus Nelson on the list even though he is likely the only one eligible after this year...

dukegirlinsc
03-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Yeah I was wondering the same...

Stray Gator
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
They corrected the error later in the show, recognizing that Paulus is just a junior. In fact, that correction led Patrick to comment that it seems like Paulus has been at Duke forever, to which one of the other guys responded "What about Ed Cota? He was at Carolina for, like, 15 years!" Funny stuff. Some of the callers were entertaining, too. One Carolina fan called in to say he hated Duke's players and Coach K with a passion when they were on the floor during games, but he was "seriously conflicted" because whenever he hears them interviewed off the court he realizes that they're just regular people.

bdh21
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Paulus is approaching a milestone, most likely against Belmont... He has scored 992 points so far in his fine Duke career.

Dukie4Life
03-19-2008, 07:07 PM
That was so cute. If Greg gets to the 1,000 points you can bet I'll buy him a few Shirley Temples!

mehmattski
03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
NBA Draft, evidently... ;)

No, no, no... the NFL draft! Paulus used to be a quarterback, you know...

devildeac
03-19-2008, 09:35 PM
No, no, no... the NFL draft! Paulus used to be a quarterback, you know...

OH, NO, does that mean that Kyle and Markie will declare for the (NFL) draft, too. Weren't they QB in HS, also?:rolleyes:

dukestheheat
03-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Your statement there reminds me of the experience I had at the State/Duke game at State this year, when we won by one point.

In the first half, when the State guard decked Greg, on all sides of me very grown men and grown women were standing up (these were NC State fat cats, NOT students) and shouting total expletive deleteds at him as he lay on that floor, bleeding. I was totally astounded to hear what I heard coming from these people; it was embarrassing. I heard many curse words coming from men and women, standing and pointing and screaming and spitting crap at this kid. One lady four seats over and to my left was screaming so hard and pointing with such effort that she fell over the girl sitting in front of her!

This all blew my mind and I realized that somewhere, we have lost control of what is important to get worried about and yell at, and what is not.

dukestheheat